• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oynox

Sooo. Which are good and bad weapons and cards? I used the shotgun in survival mode and did quite good, thinking about using that online.

Ozorov

Sooo. Which are good and bad weapons and cards? I used the shotgun in survival mode and did quite good, thinking about using that online.
Depends on the map/mode. But I like the E-11 and A280C, They are overall good. But i try to change weapons now and then just to mix it up

For the star cards I use jump pack with either cycler rifle or thermal detonator with personal shield. On WA I use Ion shot, Ion torpedo and pulse cannon

Try and see whats suits your playstyle best. And dont forget to buy a trait :). On the smaller modes i use the scout and on the bigger bounty hunter

The shotgun can be a beast in modes like Drop Zone, but its pretty situational and can be somewhat wonky. (Sometimes a range from which you 1 shotted a guy from just a few seconds ago will totally miss on the 2nd guy due to what seems to be a random spread of the shot).

Also if you are using the shotgun, use focus fire. It condenses the shot into a highly accurate blast that does huge damage.

In general though, the jetpack is a must have for me. E-11 is a great all around gun and the EE-3 is good for larger maps.

Kovet

Avoid the DL44, explosive shot, and pulse cannon.

Or I will find you

Pulse cannon is fine just don't sit back for half and hour chasing 1 kill. Pull it out and try to take out someone running to or at the objective

If you use the dh17 I will find you though

Played Survivors of Endor on WA and it's actually a good map, it's much better than the original Endor map. The final phase on it is amazing, so much verticality. We finally have a decent number of maps now and we are getting more with the DLC this month. So overall I'm pretty happy to see it finally shaping into a complete package.

Toa TAK

Banned
So overall I'm pretty happy to see it finally shaping into a complete package.
I was thinking about this, too. If they do come through with more customization options, then the additional maps. weapons, and star cards together can bring up what a lot of people felt was a barebones package to begin with.

LoveCake

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...-pc-ps4-x1?sf44975929=1#latest#Comment_206932

"On early Tuesday morning, March 8th, Star Wars Battlefront servers will receive our March Update. We do not foresee having extended downtime for this release.

Date: March 8th, 2016
Time:
PC: 8:00 AM UTC (12:00 AM PT / 3:00 AM ET)
PlayStation 4: 9:00 AM UTC (1:00 AM PT / 4:00 AM ET)
Xbox One: 10:00 PM UTC ( 2:00 AM PT / 5:00 AM ET)"

Is this free DLC for everyone?

Is there any info on what the Season Pass includes (is going to contain)?

I only like playing WA mode & I have been level 50 since November & have since found the game slightly lacking when playing.

Ozorov

Is this free DLC for everyone?

Is there any info on what the Season Pass includes (is going to contain)?

I only like playing WA mode & I have been level 50 since November & have since found the game slightly lacking when playing.

Yes it's free. Here you can read about all the Free updates we got so far: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/free-game-updates

The season pass will contain: 16 new maps, 20+ new star cards, vehicles and weapons, new heroes and 4 new modes.

There will be four different expansion packs:

Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.

Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.

Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.

Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.

Outer Rim will release this month and will contain: four new maps, two new heroes(Greedo and Nien Nunb), two new weapons, three new star cards and a new mode called Extraction.

And the level cap will increase to 60.

LoveCake

Yes it's free.

The season pass will contain: 16 new maps, 20+ new star cards, vehicles and weapons, new heroes and 4 new modes.

There will be four different expansion packs: Outer Rim, Bespin, Death Star and one that is TBA.

Outer Rim will release this month and will contain: four new maps, two new heroes(Greedo and Nien Nunb), two new weapons, three new star cards and a new mode called Extraction.

And the level cap will increase to 60.

Ok thank you, I had see some things mentioned but trying to find exactly is hard, it doesn't say on the EA SW site from what I have found looking there.

Are the maps going to be WA maps?

I bet that my accrued XP won't count towards level 60 :(

If it's going to keep running into 2017 then it may well be worth picking up, I prefer these more long-play games like DriveClub & now Street Fighter.

Ozorov

Ok thank you, I had see some things mentioned but trying to find exactly is hard, it doesn't say on the EA SW site from what I have found looking there.

Are the maps going to be WA maps?

I bet that my accrued XP won't count towards level 60 :(

If it's going to keep running into 2017 then it may well be worth picking up, I prefer these more long-play games like DriveClub & now Street Fighter.
We don't know yet. But my guess is we're getting two bigger maps and two smaller ones.

The map released today "Survivors of Endor" and the one we got last month "Twilight on Hoth" are both available on WA.

RyanW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_9aOxzWpQ

New short video EA released reveals "Hutt Contracts" coming in the future

89c56862c34039305ce8cb3b7df6910f.png

569c52ee040078070c770272c194c057.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_9aOxzWpQ

New short video EA released reveals "Hutt Contracts" coming in the future

89c56862c34039305ce8cb3b7df6910f.png

569c52ee040078070c770272c194c057.png

That pistol looks dope. Also looks like a new type of marksman rifle.

Nice... that is the D-18 pistol. Remember those from crafting in SWG. Iconic from when Luke whipped it out as a ruse on Jabba.

Man I miss that game. Before the NGE dark times, before the CU Empire.

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/D18_Pistol

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-18_pistol

In BF4, the expansion weapons had specific conditions you had to complete in order to unlock. Like you may have to play 2 hours on a certain map and get X headshots with a certain gun.

That makes the most sense. I don't see them being tied to credits, since people have amassed a large amount of those. Also I don’t see them being attached to a certain level to unlock. If the new items were all level +50 that would cause an outcry. So the Hutt Contracts being comparable to the assignments from the Battlefield series would make the most sense.

That makes the most sense. I don't see them being tied to credits, since people have amassed a large amount of those. Also I don’t see them being attached to a certain level to unlock. If the new items were all level +50 that would cause an outcry. So the Hutt Contracts being comparable to the assignments from the Battlefield series would make the most sense.

In BF4, the expansion weapons had specific conditions you had to complete in order to unlock. Like you may have to play 2 hours on a certain map and get X headshots with a certain gun.

So we're probably getting a little bit of carrot dangling?

I'm ok with that

MADGAME

That is it, yes.

D-18 just first came to mind because you had to craft a bunch to level up in SWG Weaponsmith, lol. It is not considered 'Legends'.

DL-18 Canon obviously since Luke had it in Jabba's palace.
Oh ok haha at first I thought the "L" was left out but then saw the d-18 is an actual gun from the links but wasn't listed in the movies. They certainly look similar.

They have now confirmed on Twitter that more FREE content is coming!
So much hype!

Hopefully they at least won't be counterintuitive to team play like some of the BF3 and 4 ones were.

This^^

Weapon Contracts to get a new weapon shouldnt be "hard". Just some basic stuff.

But i would be okey with very hard contracts to get new customization stuff for characters.

Probably something along the lines of:

D-18

Get 50 kills with the DL-44
Get 50 kills with the DH-17
Get 50 kills with the SEC-14C
Get 10 kills with the scout pistol
Capture X of whatever game mode

Numbers are probably too high though. Around 25 would be better.

LoveCake

We don't know yet. But my guess is we're getting two bigger maps and two smaller ones.

The map released today "Survivors of Endor" and the one we got last month "Twilight on Hoth" are both available on WA.

The new "Survivors of Endor" map is pretty good, I cannot find the new Star Cards though :/

Ozorov

Q about Hutt Contratcs:Are they bounties, challenges? is there more info about it? are they free (per the trailer) or in the dlc?
A:Correct. Much more info really soon. Jabba is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom