• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozorov

Done a small melee compilation vid:

http://youtu.be/HJSwFoWQvho

Really looking forward to the spectator mode, got some nice ideas for other videos and exploring maps by yourself should make it much easier.

Yeah, it seems like a very tactical mode, the way Dennis was talking about.
Fuck, Tuesday can't come soon enough....
giphy.gif

Final area on Twilight is pretty funny if you get a Tie Interceptor, Tie vs Snowspeeder isn't very fair. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. lol

The Cycler Rifle continues to be my favorite Star Card. This guy got the jump on me and almost kills me, but I hurry up and put down a shield. I had 4 hp, he starts to charge me and boom one shot with the Cycler Rifle. He types: "Fuck you" in the chat.

It's just so satisfying.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Final area on Twilight is pretty funny if you get a Tie Interceptor, Tie vs Snowspeeder isn't very fair. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. lol

The Cycler Rifle continues to be my favorite Star Card. This guy got the jump on me and almost kills me, but I hurry up and put down a shield. I had 4 hp, he starts to charge me and boom one shot with the Cycler Rifle. He types: "Fuck you" in the chat.

It's just so satisfying.

Agreed about the cycler, I love shooting heroes across the map who think they are safe with low health, only to be killed unexpectedly, lol.

And I had quite of few last minute effort 'oh shit' close range moments with low health. So much so, that it almost becomes second nature and saved me more than once, lol.

That card is not easy to master, but once you get used to it, I just can't see using anything else, lol. It becomes second nature.

I may experiment with the new slug thrower closer range one, and the cycler combo on certain maps. Can't use cycler when in a pinch, no problem, lol.

MADGAME

Before now I did not know you could survive a force choke from Vader. As I hung there helpless dangling my feet, my team killed him and I was released.

This is especially good to know because going forward if I die from a force choke, I can blame my team for not killing him in time :)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Before now I did not know you could survive a force choke from Vader. As I hung there helpless dangling my feet, my team killed him and I was released.

This is especially good to know because going forward if I die from a force choke, I can blame my team for not killing him in time :)

LOL, I blame them for so much in this game. "You are standing right there!!! How the fuck are you not shooting the two guys I am battling with, as they pump me full of blaster bolts??? You are fucking RIGHT THERE!!!"

It is... Dead :( rip

He fought valiantly...
ZPtTq.jpg

Review_Malakili_stillA.jpg

MADGAME

Thanks!

LOL, I blame them for so much in this game. "You are standing right there!!! How the fuck are you not shooting the two guys I am battling with, as they pump me full of blaster bolts??? You are fucking RIGHT THERE!!!"[/I

Haha me too, this is just another to add to the list. My most team-blame scenario is when a scout trait rando appears out of nowhere, and even though there's a group of us that take him out almost immediately, I'm the one he manages to kill a split second before his death.
What the f#ck team, did you WAIT for him to kill me or what

GeeTeeCee

I can't remember the last time I won a game of Supremacy.

I can't even remember the last time my team actually managed to capture a single zone.

Off to the other modes I go.

Edit: nope, same story over in Drop Zone. Matchmaking. Please...

Ozorov

I can't remember the last time I won a game of Supremacy.

I can't even remember the last time my team actually managed to capture a single zone.

Off to the other modes I go.

Edit: nope, same story over in Drop Zone. Matchmaking. Please...
Be imperials on Survivors on endor and you should win

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks!

Haha me too, this is just another to add to the list. My most team-blame scenario is when a scout trait rando appears out of nowhere, and even though there's a group of us that take him out almost immediately, I'm the one he manages to kill a split second before his death.
What the f#ck team, did you WAIT for him to kill me or what

Hahaha, exactly, lol!

I always shout, "THANKS FAM!"

i just bought the stinkin season pass, so i can play as iconic hero nian nunb in two days yes?

Welcome to the club! Greedo/Nien gon' be gud!

Digby

Neo Member
The PC version of this game is still a wasteland:

• More than 1/2 the modes are un-populated, and therefore unplayable. Even BF1942 had bot support, seriously DICE....
  • team balance is still a huge joke. Is it THAT HARD to team scramble between rounds?
  • Pretty sure cheating is a problem, given some of the things I've seen recently

All that stuff is more than enough to keep me from coming back. Do the developers actually *play* the game they made? Like, hop on a server and play a few rounds? I have a strong suspicion that they don't.

The PC version of this game is still a wasteland:

• More than 1/2 the modes are un-populated, and therefore unplayable. Even BF1942 had bot support, seriously DICE....
  • team balance is still a huge joke. Is it THAT HARD to team scramble between rounds?
  • Pretty sure cheating is a problem, given some of the things I've seen recently

All that stuff is more than enough to keep me from coming back. Do the developers actually *play* the game they made? Like, hop on a server and play a few rounds? I have a strong suspicion that they don't.

I dont see any fun in killing predictable bots... where the fun at all?

Maybe this developers dont have the time to play the game all the time because there are hard at work creating new things? I mean Dennis already told that to someone on twitter that he works 70 hours or so a week...
I mean i can understand that they dont play it that much at all in their free time.

I mean why not just get the game on consoles? Thats where people really care about the game IMO.

I dont see any fun in killing predictable bots... where the fun at all?

Maybe this developers dont have the time to play the game all the time because there are hard at work creating new things? I mean Dennis already told that to someone on twitter that he works 70 hours or so a week...
I mean i can understand that they dont play it that much at all in their free time.

I mean why not just get the game on consoles? Thats where people really care about the game IMO.
Oh come on, bots can be just as predictable as the people who play these games. It's better than the alternative of not being able to play at all and can be fun to have a power trip every now and then. At least the game does have an AI mode, just wish it was added for big modes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh come on, bots can be just as predictable as the people who play these games. It's better than the alternative of not being able to play at all and can be fun to have a power trip every now and then. At least the game does have an AI mode, just wish it was added for big modes.

Agreed. They did mention in the past they were going to try and work in bots for offline/private matches. So there is still hope.

Palpable

Let's get a group together on PS4 and set a specific time to play some small modes. I'm available all day tomorrow. Let me know who's interested. Quote this if you're on PS4, available tomorrow, and want to play with other people from the forum.

Tubie

Well, we got three new, free big maps and they confirmed that the next DLC will be large mode oriented.
And maybe you'll be having so much fun playing extraction that the absence of big maps soon will be forgotten ;-)

I'm sorry, but I don't see how they can do walker assault or supremacy on Bespin.

So we probably have to wait for the 3rd DLC for a new planet with big maps.

I'm sure I'll have fun in the new mode and new maps for smaller modes, but I was hoping for more maps for the big modes with each DLC (at least 1 each).

Edit: This is why I don't understand their refusal to add a Conquest mode to this game (even the original Battlefront games had it), it would be a big mode and a lot easier to make maps for than WA or Supremacy.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how they can do walker assault or supremacy on Bespin.

So we probably have to wait for the 3rd DLC for a new planet with big maps.

I'm sure I'll have fun in the new mode and new maps for smaller modes, but I was hoping for more maps for the big modes with each DLC (at least 1 each).

Edit: This is why I don't understand their refusal to add a Conquest mode to this game (even the original Battlefront games had it), it would be a big mode and a lot easier to make maps for than WA or Supremacy.

I didn't say that they're going to do those modes on Bespin.

Like I said in my post some time later:

That was my assumption as well and initially I was disappointed, but the new mode looks really good, as do the maps.
And I'm not expecting modes like Walker Assault and Turning Point on Bespin, but we know we will be getting new modes, so they'll probably be modes tailored to the Bespin geography.

And it's coming straight out of the lead developers mouth, I'm not making it up.

Oynox

So I missed the Twitch Live Stream but read some information here but I am seeking a video with new gameplay... anyone knows one? Found the 2h Stream by jackfrags, but I want to see the new stuff a bit more condensed.

5taquitos

So I missed the Twitch Live Stream but read some information here but I am seeking a video with new gameplay... anyone knows one? Found the 2h Stream by jackfrags, but I want to see the new stuff a bit more condensed.

Each streamer played for 2 hours straight, so I don't think there are any condensed streams. You could just jump around the JackFrags footage to see different things.

MADGAME

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yeah

Awww yeah!

Hope we can have a helmetless Greedo! ;P

102639.png
Yay hype!!

Over 24 hours is still long.

No celebration from me
Booooo!! The crowd boos Toa TAk :)

How about a spoiler-free off-screen Rogue One teaser instead? Your defenses can't repel hype of this magnitude!

https://vimeo.com/151952481
Narrator's voice could be considered minor spoiler-y I suppose.

They are adding new features to private matches also; like spectating. So that might be a thing for the tournament perhaps? For us that just wanna watch.
I believe there is a free cam mode for spectator, right? If so I can see us at the BFC doing what amounts to live sports commentating for matches.

Oynox

I heard about the new aiming down the sights view with pistols, does anyone knows how exactly it looks? Did the streamers show it?

/edit

found it in the jackfrags video. Around 6:40 you get a glimpse of it.

Do we know if we're getting any new empire skins? I love that we're getting Hondo's race (which I believe was invented for The Clone Wars? which makes it a cool addition in my opinion). We could really use some Imperial agents though, use all the same faces currently available with an outfit similar to Veers.

Do we know if we're getting any new empire skins? I love that we're getting Hondo's race (which I believe was invented for The Clone Wars? which makes it a cool addition in my opinion). We could really use some Imperial agents though, use all the same faces currently available with an outfit similar to Veers.

DICE stated, we are getting new Imperial skins later.

not in this DLC, but they are coming.

5taquitos

The Weequays were actually introduced in RotJ:

Review_WeequaySkiffMasterTVC_stillA.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom