• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Weequays were actually introduced in RotJ:

Review_WeequaySkiffMasterTVC_stillA.JPG

I called those guys "poop faces" when I was like 4. I never got that Hondo was one until recently.

I really want to see more alien skins coming. One day my dream of being a Kel Dor will come true. They should also make an Imperial officer Chiss skin, like Thrawn.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I called those guys "poop faces" when I was like 4. I never got that Hondo was one until recently.

I really want to see more alien skins coming. One day my dream of being a Kel Dor will come true. They should also make an Imperial officer Chiss skin, like Thrawn.

Unless Disney/LucasArts removes them from 'Legends' (formally known as Expanded Universe) status, and introduces them to the canon, it will not happen.

Ozorov

First win as the Rebels on Survivors on Endor Supreamacy. I like how the map gets CQ if the rebels takes the first point and more wide-open if the imperials take the first point.

MADGAME

Not sure how I feel about having to fulfill requirements unlock the paid weapons and Star Cards. I understand the free content, but paid season pass content had an additional gate behind Hutt Contracts. What this means is if you aren't proficient with a type of weapon or playstyle, it may take you quite some time to unlock what you paid $50 towards. Additionally, the upgraded versions of Star Cards are locked behind additional Hutt Contract requirements.

Taking a weapon as an example as it only has one unlock (not upgradeable), let's look a the Relby-V10. Looking at the screen below, there appears to be 3 requirements. Not sure if they will be the same for everyone, but let's assume you get the below for now. In order to unlock it you need to:

rhc_zpsaisnedei.jpg

Get 3 Targeting Rifle streaks. (streaks, not kills)
Get 40 kills with any Heavy Blaster
In a Round, kill 15 enemies with any targeting rifle

I know there are some very good players in this thread, but realistically the above could prove quite challenging and time consuming for some, if even possible. And that's just one of the weapons, let alone the Star Cards + another round of requirements for upgraded Star Cards. Again, for free content I don't see an issue but I think I'm leaning toward this sucks for paid content.

For the paid content, maybe it shouldn't be locked behind anything beyond a level gate.

5taquitos

Btw whats a Targeting Rifle?

T21B is the only one so far I think.

Edit: The new DLTX is a targeting rifle as well

Edit 2: I personally like challenges to unlock items, but I can see how it would suck to pay for new guns and then not be able to use them. There was the same issue in BF4

There's a long-standing rumour that Thrawn will turn up in Season 3 of Rebels so the Chiss may turn up at some point. Maybe Battlefront 2 instead of this one though.

Ozorov

Not sure how I feel about having to fulfill requirements unlock the paid weapons and Star Cards. I understand the free content, but paid season pass content had an additional gate behind Hutt Contracts. What this means is if you aren't proficient with a type of weapon or playstyle, it may take you quite some time to unlock what you paid $50 towards. Additionally, the upgraded versions of Star Cards are locked behind additional Hutt Contract requirements.

Taking a weapon as an example as it only has one unlock (not upgradeable), let's look a the Relby-V10. Looking at the screen below, there appears to be 3 requirements. Not sure if they will be the same for everyone, but let's assume you get the below for now. In order to unlock it you need to:

I know there are some very good players in this thread, but realistically the above could prove quite challenging and time consuming for some, if even possible. And that's just one of the weapons, let alone the Star Cards + another round of requirements for upgraded Star Cards. Again, for free content I don't see an issue but I think I'm leaning toward this sucks for paid content.

For the paid content, maybe it shouldn't be locked behind anything beyond a level gate.

Personally I don't mind it at all but sure I can see your point. I've nothing 'good' to unlock, spend credits or challenge myself (except the dailies which is too easy) on since level 30 (and 60+ hours ago) so I really like Hutt Contracts-idea.

MADGAME

Personally I don't mind it at all but sure I can see your point. I've nothing 'good' to unlock, spend credits or challenge myself (except the dailies which is too easy) on since level 30 (and 60+ hours ago) so I really like Hutt Contracts-idea.
Yeah I'm probably in the minority regarding my opinion. I posted the same on Reddit and was downvoted hard. I think we'll hear some complaints when people who paid money have trouble accessing the content for which they forked over cash.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I dunno, Shadow Troopers weren't "canon" until Battlefront made them so.

Is that not what I said silly?

They would have to make them canon, lol.

Kill streak is only 3 kills in a row before dying, which buffs the trait cards. It really is not that impossible if you play, and you do not need to get it all in one match. The requirements do not seem anymore out of the ordinary than 3 challenges to get bonus XP to level up.

Now if they add the destroy 10 AT-ST's I always skip, or get 10 kills with AT-AT (which I almost NEVER see the pup, only got it once the first week of the game, but then again I only played WA 24 times (per the diorama).

There's a long-standing rumour that Thrawn will turn up in Season 3 of Rebels so the Chiss may turn up at some point. Maybe Battlefront 2 instead of this one though.

If that is the case, then I am stoked. That would be a really cool Imperial skin. Loved seeing them in SWG.

But we all know how Star Wars 'rumors' are... wishful thinking of fan dribble more often than not, lol. *fingers crossed*

Bronze - Trample 5000 heroes with an AT-ST

How they have that as a bronze with the paper mache tin foil walking boxes is baffling. Should have been 'trample one, accidentally, because you will hate your life trying for this if it were 25', lol.

i'm fine with this. i don't think any star card upgrade/weapon will be locked behind something that's impossible .. even for players who aren't very good (like me) i imagine a couple hours of dedicated time will be enough to unlock any specific thing.
Just play one round of Jakku Supremacy for that one.

If that is the case, then I am stoked. That would be a really cool Imperial skin. Loved seeing them in SWG.

But we all know how Star Wars 'rumors' are... wishful thinking of fan dribble more often than not, lol. *fingers crossed*

Usually I'd agree with you, but it's from Making Star Wars who were basically 95% spot on with TFA's plot six months or more before it came out.

They're usually a reliable source.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

A little more detailed info!

Patch: 4:00am EST (1:00am PST)
Season Pass DLC: 10:00am EST (6:00am PST)

On early Tuesday morning, March 22nd, Star Wars Battlefront servers will go offline for up to an hour as we launch our Outer Rim DLC and Patch. Scheduled downtime is listed below; we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

March 22nd
Outer Rim General Patch:
Companion App: 08:00 UTC
PC: 08:00 UTC
PS4: 10:00 UTC
X1: 12:00 UTC

DLC for Season Pass owners:
PC: 13:00 UTC
PS4 SCEA & SCEE: 14:00 UTC
X1: 15:00 UTC

March 23rd
DLC for Season Pass owners:
PS4 Asia: 04:00 UTC
PS4 Japan: 02:00-05:00 UTC

Full patch notes will be posted upon the start of downtime.

Source

1ef.gif

Usually I'd agree with you, but it's from Making Star Wars who were basically 95% spot on with TFA's plot six months or more before it came out.

They're usually a reliable source.

Ah yes, know that site. Then I am pumped! Thanks for the info.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
By the supreme leader's training, I will not be seduced into buying the season pass until a discount
that won't happen

GeeTeeCee

Fucking fuck with the Rebel starfighter shield. So fucking unbalanced. TIE's boost is utterly worthless compared to the shield.

I find it hilarious that a speed boost is considered an advantage in situations where weapon power is at its strongest the slower you go.

Woorloog

Banned
I think StarWarsHQ on YouTube did quite a good job compiling all the new info into a ten minute video.

I found the post someone alluded to.
In any case, i never look for info in video forms. Too slow, and i hate listening someone talk. Reading is 1000 times faster.

I find it hilarious that a speed boost is considered an advantage in situations where weapon power is at its strongest the slower you go.

The extra speed doesn't confer extra maneuverability so it is worthless for dodging missiles, way too easy to slam into ground. And too fast to shoot while boosting... if the laser guns got more rate of fire and you could fire them for longer, it would be awesome for rapid strafing runs but as it is, worthless.

Fucking fuck with the Rebel starfighter shield. So fucking unbalanced. TIE's boost is utterly worthless compared to the shield.

Yeah, I mean its great that the A-wing is killable now but the X-wing seems far superior to the Tie Interceptor and the Tie feels weak as hell compared to the A-wing still.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, I mean its great that the A-wing is killable now but the X-wing seems far superior to the Tie Interceptor and the Tie feels weak as hell compared to the A-wing still.

It doesn't help the shield occasionally stops missiles even though it apparently shouldn't.

At least, it sure as hell seems to stop missiles (ship-fired or Ion Torps) sometimes...

It doesn't help the shield occasionally stops missiles even though it apparently shouldn't.

At least, it sure as hell seems to stop missiles (ship-fired or Ion Torps) sometimes...

I havent seen this personally but yes, the shield does seem to be too good of a trump-card against the empire.

For me, it feels like the targeting on the Interceptor is off...hitting moving targets doesnt seem to be very effective while the X-wing is excellent at nailing moving targets.

Ive had several games where I get low kills in an interceptor then go back to an X-wing next round and dominate the game so I dont think its just me.

SpyGuy239

Looking forward to the DLC but seriously can't believe we have to work for the DLC weapons etc. we PAID for in Hutt Contracts. Seriously, why can't they just have it available on DLC launch day?!?! Not everyone has time to work for unlocks. Chirst, it's like BF4 all over again.

Xzan

While I detest the modern shooter bullshit unlock progression, I don't particularly mind this approach. My only annoyance is having to pay to unlock them since I've been blowing through credits like candy by paying for star card charges and collecting spare heads. :(

Having said that, I'd hate to have to unlock anything using the CA-87. I hate that gun but perhaps I'm biased because I almost exclusively play large modes and my favourite weapons, in order, are:

EE-3
T-21B
E-11

I guess the Relby V10 will get added to that list, though the vertical recoil looked obscene (if I'm thinking of the right gun).

MADGAME

While I detest the modern shooter bullshit unlock progression, I don't particularly mind this approach. My only annoyance is having to pay to unlock them since I've been blowing through credits like candy by paying for star card charges and collecting spare heads. :(

Having said that, I'd hate to have to unlock anything using the CA-87. I hate that gun but perhaps I'm biased because I almost exclusively play large modes and my favourite weapons, in order, are:

EE-3
T-21B
E-11

I guess the Relby V10 will get added to that list, though the vertical recoil looked obscene (if I'm thinking of the right gun).
That's cool, a lot of people seem to be fine with the approach. Not singling you out specifically or attempting to be argumentative, but I think this will affect a lot of people. I do pretty well in most games, rarely out of top ten in large modes, and usually in top 5, and proportionately similar in small modes too. Definitely not as good as many I play against. You know there are players at the bottom of the scoreboard of every round though, going 6-18 or something similarly horrid. They barely get 10 kills in a round, let alone 15 with a specialized and situational weapon. Once people realize they can't access the content they thought they already purchased, there could be some backlash.

Again not saying you fit this description, but some have the "I don't care because it doesn't affect me" approach, even though it may affect many others. I admit I may be over speculating at this point in time but I see many hitting a wall or getting upset they put $50 toward this and can't access or use the paid content.

Edit: beaten by below.
8GB file!!

A quick word about how tomorrow’s update will work:

All players will download the same game update, an 8GB download, whether you own Season Pass or not.

For Season Pass owners, the Outer Rim-exclusive content will be activated and accessible as soon as players grab a small unlock file from the PlayStation Store, Xbox One Store or through Origin.

For all other players, downloading this content will allow you to enjoy all of the free content we are making available for all players, while also making sure that your experience playing with Season Pass owners remains smooth.

I really hate this way for adding paid DLC. People who dont want to get the Season Pass will still have to download the DLC and have it on their HDD etc.

CoDBO3 did the same shit.

I like it the old way more like Hardline and BF4 did.

I really hate this way for adding paid DLC. People who dont want to get the Season Pass will still have to download the DLC and have it on their HDD etc.

CoDBO3 did the same shit.

I like it the old way more like Hardline and BF4 did.
Battlefield 4 did practically the same thing. The DLC time patches were huge because they contained a lot of the files needed for non-owners to be compatible with DLC owners. This method is more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom