• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

So pumped that Heroes vs Villains is 8 v 8 now. Although why wasn't that listed in the patch notes?

Sucks for Drop Zone people, not sure why they went down.

Glad Boba got a couple little buffs, although they mentioned his next buff should be coming soon on that video with his Flamethrower being soon to be improved.

Still pretty dumb when it sounds like it could have easily been done. I just love watching games on Twitch, but everyone's quality streaming isn't high, and watching through the game provides best visual results.

I stream all the time at the best quality available

www.twitch.tv/patriotinfinity

Ozorov

So pumped that Heroes vs Villains is 8 v 8 now. Although why wasn't that listed in the patch notes?

Sucks for Drop Zone people, not sure why they went down.

Glad Boba got a couple little buffs, although they mentioned his next buff should be coming soon on that video with his Flamethrower being soon to be improved.

Still pretty dumb when it sounds like it could have easily been done. I just love watching games on Twitch, but everyone's quality streaming isn't high, and watching through the game provides best visual results.
Its just 8v8 in outer rim

PrankT

I'm pretty disappointed in those patch notes. Reducing drop zone player count is a disaster for people who enjoyed that mode. I assume they did it because PC can't get enough players in it, but oh well for them. Worst update.

Buff to personal shield is ridiculous.

Nerf to trait cards was unnecessary.

Nerf to DL-44 makes no sense.

Jetpack buff is too much.

The verdict is out on the buff to bowcaster and impact grenade. Impact grenade was extremely annoying when it dealt 100 damage before.

Nerf to Luke is silly. You just buffed Vader and Boba, why bother with Luke? He already dies first in Heroes vs. Villains. He was good, but not OP in large modes. Now people will use the more campy heroes who were already arguably better.

MADGAME

Drop Zone nerf, da fuq lol
Scan pulse beaten with the nerf bat hard
Chrome helmet troopers removed from HvV, guess that was a mistake after all.
Barrage and Impact grenade buff are welcomed.

Not sure how I feel about Probes and Turrets self-destructing after the player dies.

Edit: My DL did not auto-start while in rest mode. I had to wake up my PS4 then it auto-started. Did this happen to anyone else? Normally the patches and updates download while it is resting.
And the patch is closer to 9gb than 8.

Can someone check what the new achievements/trophies are for me?

92FKrGd.png

MADGAME

New Diorama pieces. From Reddit:

There are now 2 new Diorama Pieces to collect, Nien Nunb (Defeat 50 Heroes) and Greedo (Use all Star Cards and get a kill with every weapon from the Outer Rim DLC).
Jabba's Palace was also added to the background of the Tatooine portion of the Diorama, as are the SoroSuub factories in the Sullust portion.

Nerf to Luke is silly. You just buffed Vader and Boba, why bother with Luke? He already dies first in Heroes vs. Villains. He was good, but not OP in large modes. Now people will use the more campy heroes who were already arguably better.

I would like to see a Palpatine buff. Maybe I just use him wrong, but when it comes to a support hero he's complete crap compared to Leia. I mainly just play WA, so maybe he's better in the small modes idk. Other than that I think all the heroes are fairly balance and play a role now. Luke didn't really need a nerf imo.

Xzan

While I appreciate DICE's continuing "salt the earth" strategy when it comes to the DL-44, I would prefer they maybe consider buffing or tweaking other weapons
either buff the DLT-19 or give me back my RT-97c dammit!

Ion grenades even more worthless now that they can't take down a personal shield, one of the few things they were any good at.

Despite these gripes, the inclusion of actual matchmaking automatically makes this the greatest patch of all time. OF ALL TIME.

The notes don't say that, only that most 'projectiles' won't penetrate it. Unless I missed something, it should still take extra damage from Ion weapons.

MADGAME

Ion grenades even more worthless now that they can't take down a personal shield, one of the few things they were any good at.

In the recent Outer Rim streaming event, Dennis stated an Ion Grenade would instantly nullify a shield on contact. Not sure about splash damage effect.

Xzan

There's a few nice changes thaat I look forward to trying out.

\Scoreboard: Added icons for playing as a Hero, playing in a vehicle, and player ping

While its the usual, semi-worthless wifi bars that console shooter MP seems to have made the norm, I look forward to seeing how many bars I get. Then again, BF4's browser always gave me max bars while Titanfall gave me 3 out of 5 bars. Why devs won't give a simple, numerical ping value anymore, I don't know...

Trait card nerfs.... way to make Scout even more the obvious choice. Perhaps they intend to introduce suped up versions with higher bonuses at some point?

Shield buffs... I get why, but I don't see the point of buffing the personal shield along with squad shield. More fodder for my Cycler Rifle I guess.

Good to see the Bowcaster somewhat back to its old self now that they nerfed the actual problem with jumpcaster gameplay: Bounty Hunter Rank 3

Impact Grenade useful again is good. I may take it in certain situations.

As a Jump Pack addict... yay! As someone sick of feeling like I'm forced to take it in every loadout... *sigh*. Its now even more indispensable with a shorter cooldown. I still think it should be a charged star card to increase loadout variety while still making its use a meaningful choice.

General: Fixed inconsistencies with blocking blaster fire between active and passive blocking for Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, & Emperor Palpatine

What? The force users block without 'blocking' to some degree? Or are they referring to passive as Palpatine being unable to reflect shots back at enemies?

Boba Fett: Increased the range at which his blaster damage starts to drop off from 30 to 45m
Boba Fett: Increased the range at which blaster damage is at the low end from 60 to 75m

Boba campers will now have less incentive to move from their hilltop/sandcrawler. Great...

Generally positive changes overall, though I would've liked to see a slight Pulse Cannon nerf. Its good for at least 5-10 kills per match with minimal skill or effort required and feels almost impossible to miss with it. Meanwhile, I line up Cycler Rifle shots dead on, only have the bullet fly over a shoulder or miss to the side despite the target being stationary in open ground while a red crosshair (in third person).

GeeTeeCee

In the recent Outer Rim streaming event, Dennis stated an Ion Grenade would instantly nullify a shield on contact. Not sure about splash damage effect.

Ah, that's better. The way the patch notes phrased it made it sound like only the cycler, scatter gun etc could take down a shield.

I really need to turn my PS4 on to get this patch downloading asap.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm pretty disappointed in those patch notes. Reducing drop zone player count is a disaster for people who enjoyed that mode. I assume they did it because PC can't get enough players in it, but oh well for them.
I doubt it is this, you could still start a game with a lower player count, and I rarely have problems finding games in drop zone. My guess is the shield buffs would make the game a bubble filled mess at the higher player count. They are still going to be a bubble filled mess, but lower player count might help.

GeeTeeCee

Hutt Contracts:

Get to DL'ing!!

Hmm, some of those contracts could give me some difficulty, I'm not that great with a targeting rifle, and I don't tend to earn many streaks. Though that may be down to my choice of game modes and playstyle more than anything.

34 minutes left to download the patch. Not bad, as thr PS4 claimed it was going to be an hour just a minute ago when it started.

MADGAME

Launching now...Woo-hoo! Love the mellow music from RotJ on the Hutt Contract screen.

Hmm, some of those contracts could give me some difficulty, I'm not that great with a targeting rifle, and I don't tend to earn many streaks. Though that may be down to my choice of game modes and playstyle more than anything.

34 minutes left to download the patch. Not bad, as thr PS4 claimed it was going to be an hour just a minute ago when it started.

I think some will give many players trouble. If DICE wants to lock free stuff behind force playstyle grindgates that's fine, but doing it for content people paid to have access to is a philosophy I don't personally agree with.

GeeTeeCee

Now that I think about it, I want to know who on earth is reporting to Jabba on how many kills I got with a particular weapon in the middle of a freaking warzone. Jabba's days must be pretty boring if this is how he's passing the time now his Rancorr is dead.

MADGAME

First game, everyone using T-21b's lol.

Edit: It appears the "In a round" requirements may be cumulative, and not required in a single round. One of the requirements for DT-12 is to get 15 blaster pistols in a round. My first game I got 13, and it's counting toward the total.

PrankT

I think some will give many players trouble. If DICE wants to lock free stuff behind force playstyle grindgates that's fine, but doing it for content people paid to have access to is a philosophy I don't personally agree with.
It will give people trouble, especially because you level items up and it costs a lot of money.

I hate not being able to look at the contracts while in game.

Woorloog

Banned
No rebel fighter shield nerf/change? Still OP.
DL-44 nerf? lol, it was just fine post-previous nerf.
Boba fucking Fett buff? He is probably the best general purpose hero in the game, and now he is even better. Borderline impossible to kill thanks to the jet pack.

And other changes in general...
What the fuck?

Also, i figure the Vader buffs are ridiculous (that is, he didn't need that many buffs). He is already very, very good in right hands.

Ozorov

First game, everyone using T-21b's lol.

Edit: It appears the "In a round" requirements may be cumulative, and not required in a single round. One of the requirements for DT-12 is to get 15 blaster pistols in a round. My first game I got 13, and it's counting toward the total.
Well, easy it is then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom