• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik3F

My trial has finally expired right in the middle of a argo match where I was on fire

Have to wait until Thursday now to continue

Also got the 10 Cargo kills achievement stuck in the Done, unlocking state.

Really enjoying this, so much so that I bought the season pass already

adj_noun

I don't understand Palpatine. Seems like the weakest hero.

I had the most success using him as an ambush character/following Vader and using chain lightning to target the crowds he tends to attract. (in Heroes vs Villains)

I admittedly did better after I realized you need to hold down his attack button to continually shoot lightning. D'oh.

k4n3

Banned
I don't understand Palpatine. Seems like the weakest hero.

it makes sense in the lore i mean he had to use vader as his muscle he was always the brains and he was also a old man by that time

This, they should have given him his lightsaber since he has the spinning flip crap.
It's not like he was in actual battles anyways so him not having a lightsaber is really weird.

i agree he used one in episode 3 so why wouldn't he still have one if he were to actually go into battle once he took power, didn't his saber get sucked out the window though? he shouldn't have a hard time finding a new one general grievous had like 20 of them lol... maybe he was just so arrogant he didn't feel he needed one anymore?

Roussow

Hey there, hope you're all enjoying the game -- I look forward to joining you when the game comes out this coming Thursday.

I'm curious about weapon and card variety, I'm hardly bothered by the amount of either, it's just after extensive time with the beta, i'm curious what some of the more creative and practical stuff is in the game.

ArmGunar

Do you know if the 4 Star Wars classics games will be on sale on PS Store ?
Or is it just an exclusive to PS4 Battlefront bundle ?

ArmGunar

Good question ! this game is include on the STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ Ultimate digital edition ?

I don't think so...

But I have answer to my question:

“Yes – you’ll be able to buy the four games separately on PS Store,” Sony’s Sid Shuman said on the US version of the PlayStation Blog. “They’ll have Trophy support, too.”

There’s no word yet on whether the games will also be released on other platforms, as there has not yet been any hint of them being PlayStation exclusives.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/star...ilable-outside-of-ps4-hardware-bundle/0154450

XblogPSN

Neo Member
I don't think so...

But I have answer to my question:

“Yes – you’ll be able to buy the four games separately on PS Store,” Sony’s Sid Shuman said on the US version of the PlayStation Blog. “They’ll have Trophy support, too.”

There’s no word yet on whether the games will also be released on other platforms, as there has not yet been any hint of them being PlayStation exclusives.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/star...ilable-outside-of-ps4-hardware-bundle/0154450

Ok thanks!

Falchion

I got my 500 kills in the trials period challenge and still have 4 hours hours left so now I can mess around with some of the other modes and actually look at the character customization.

MiguelItUp

PLayed all other modes today. I really like Fighter Squadron and Cargo too besides Supremacy and Walker Assault :)

Not a fan of the Hero modes.
I can understand that. I wasn't a big fan of the hero modes in the previous Battlefronts. They felt really messy and out of place IMO.

DOWN

Banned
Having played PS4 and XB1, 720p is hell but damn if Endor isn't one of the greatest looking areas in gaming ever, let alone multiplayer

npa189

So how would playing this on PC be with a controller? Normal you'd get wrecked in BF, but with this being a bit more arcade like I'm starting to think it might not be bad. I just really want to play it with my 5.1 system.

ArmGunar

I just see they announced the season pass content, with all that Paris attacks, I don't even care about anything else ...

- 16 new maps
- 4 new modes
- 4 new Heroes and 4 new Villains
- 20+ stuff like weapons/vehicles/Star Cards

That's pretty good ... unfortunately, I'm going to have to take the season pass as a super SW fanboy :(

The season will be more expensive for me, I buy Battlefront for 40€ on Amazon and the season pass costs 50€ ...

I'll wait for precise details on which planets they will add for example !

ZZMitch

Are there any deals I should be on the lookout for before I preorder? I am in Canada so the price looks really high ($160 for Ultimate) but I my bank is in the U.S so I am paying with U.S currency (with conversion it should cost about $120). I just wanted to see if there were any deals floating around.

Having played PS4 and XB1, 720p is hell but damn if Endor isn't one of the greatest looking areas in gaming ever, let alone multiplayer

Yeah, I'm typically indifferent to resolutions as long as is runs well, but I can't handle the 720p here on my 55inch :(

900p for me at least

JimiNutz

Banned
Still really missing this game.
Am playing the Base Commander card game on the app to fill the void but it's just not the same :(

Ozorov

I just see they announced the season pass content, with all that Paris attacks, I don't even care about anything else ...

- 16 new maps
- 4 new modes
- 4 new Heroes and 4 new Villains
- 20+ stuff like weapons/vehicles/Star Cards

That's pretty good ... unfortunately, I'm going to have to take the season pass as a super SW fanboy :(

The season will be more expensive for me, I buy Battlefront for 40€ on Amazon and the season pass costs 50€ ...

I'll wait for precise details on which planets they will add for example !
Nice with 16 maps. I wonder How many planets

So how would playing this on PC be with a controller? Normal you'd get wrecked in BF, but with this being a bit more arcade like I'm starting to think it might not be bad. I just really want to play it with my 5.1 system.

I tried it during the beta and there's definitely an advantage using mouse for aiming. Unless you don't care about being at a disadvantage or are really good with controller id recommend mouse and keyboard + controller for fighters.

Couldnt resist and used the second account trick with EA Access. Game is so awesome.

Already lvl 25.

untitled26ts0g.png

WillyFive

I tried it during the beta and there's definitely an advantage using mouse for aiming. Unless you don't care about being at a disadvantage or are really good with controller id recommend mouse and keyboard + controller for fighters.

Game was completely unplayable with ships with mouse and keyboard however; you'd need to use the arrow keys or an actual gamepad to fly.

Game was completely unplayable with ships with mouse and keyboard however; you'd need to use the arrow keys or an actual gamepad to fly.

What? Completely unplayable? I had plenty of luck flying with KBAM, the only issue with it was mouse sensitivity.

In the beta there was only 1 "vehicle" sensitivity setting, which covered all vehicle controls, including air vehicles and turrets. Problem is, you needed a real high sensitivity for flying, but that made all ground vehicles nigh on unplayable.

Hoping they break out those settings into two separate options in the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom