• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get your complaints about "lack of content".

To me the game offers enough. I already invested way more hours into the MP than i did for H5.

If im rebooting a series im not trying to copy paste the old one.

But we should stop with the derailing.

"Look dudes, it's okay for me, so it should really be okay for you."

Anyone having problems connecting to their account in the game? Trying get the second account trick and its not logging in to the EA account.

Edit: Ah I'm not the only one.

And it's working again

And those posts are exactly why I wanted a little more meat with the SP. It'd be nice just to hop in with some bots and blow up some shit in some modes modified to fit them in while servers are down.

I get it. Server problems happen with MP games all the time. Just a bit of bot action would hold me over.

Never said that, but whatever makes you happy. And same could be applied to people who scream that the game hasnt much to offer.

Those people are speaking for themselves and not objectively.

lol why?

This isnt 2005 anymore...

If you want to kill AI, then play the Missions

At the end of the day, it's all opinions and how things work out for each person. It's fair to say that you might like the game as is, and it's fair to say that people can criticize the game for the lack of content.

Telling people to get over not having bots is fanboyism.

Make a throwaway account, get a 1 month EA Access code for that account, launch whatever title you want to play with that account, then switch to your primary.

What do you mean? Just create another xbl account and you'll automatically recieve 1 month ea access trial?

Remember: it is possible to both enjoy playing Battlefront AND acknowledge that it is lacking in content. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm in the opposite boat here. I feel like there is plenty of content here for people to enjoy if they enjoy it. There is lots of modes and maps and things to unlock. After a couple hours with the beta and 4-5 hours with the final copy I just don't find it very fun due to its complete lack of balance and complexity and have very little desire to spend anymore time with it. I'll probably just throw my 30$ preorder on Kijiji or take it back to the store.

Having said that, if people enjoy the shallow gameplay on deck here then I think there is enough content there to justify the purchase. I think most people will end up bored and moving on before they end up experiencing everything in this package.

SpyGuy239

Honestly don't care about the price. Bought the limited edition. I know I'm being swindled by EA but whatever. There hasn't been a Star Wars game in YEARS that looks so awesome, sounds so awesome and plays...well just fun.

Already pre-loaded.

Release in the US is 17th Nov right?

I'm completely on the side that the game is really lacking content and won't hold a population for long, but the content that is here is fun and since my friends are all going in Day One, I bought it on Origin just now.

But, as luck would have it, Origin has decided to not allow to sign in Online, only in Offline Mode, so I can't pre-load.

What, a, fucking, blast!

FTFY

But really, no need to be a jerk about it. Definitely enough here to tide a lot of players over. But not everyone. And no one is saying that.

I'm replying to a person who was bashing others for wanting a meatier SP mode. I'm not saying people aren't going to be happy with this game at all. In fact:

At the end of the day, it's all opinions and how things work out for each person. It's fair to say that you might like the game as is, and it's fair to say that people can criticize the game for the lack of content.

That's from a previous post on this page. But I dunno dude, I guess I'm a jerk for just letting both sides talk about the game as opposed to one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
just saw a guy's two hour stream of it and no it doesn't.

eh, I'll just pass. I'm a singleplayer type of guy and it's not for me.

Honest question, since all Battlefront games were heavily multiplayer focused, what did you expect from it in terms of single player content?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Any more funny vids people have seen like this one from the beta?

hejwe0l.gif

Honest question, since all Battlefront games were heavily multiplayer focused, what did you expect from it in terms of single player content?

to be able to play at least most of the modes in single player. hell, you could play battlefront 2's space battle in single player.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Yea, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the lack of SP. Battlefront has never had one before so it doesn't really bother me. I would have loved to see a Star Wars FPS campaign on that engine though. Maybe another EA dev can make one, I have no doubt that the Visceral game will be Frostbite.

WillyFive

Yea, I find it strange that people are up in arms about the lack of SP. Battlefront has never had one before so it doesn't really bother me. I would have loved to see a Star Wars FPS campaign on that engine though. Maybe another EA dev can make one, I have no doubt that the Visceral game will be Frostbite.

Did the multiple BF2 single player campaigns and game modes get wiped from existence? I still have save files from the story mode and Imperial Galactic Conquest.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Did the multiple BF2 single player campaigns and game modes get wiped from existence? I still have save files from the story mode and Imperial Galactic Conquest.

It's a bit of a stretch to call that glorified set of instant action maps a campaign.

It's a bit of a stretch to call that glorified set of instant action maps a campaign.

That's true, but instant action was pretty fleshed out in the previous games.

At any rate, what gets my goat is that they attempted to do SOMETHING in the form of missions, but it's halfhearted as hell. Give players options like the past, modify the maps to allow bots to work out.

JDHarbs

Any more funny vids people have seen like this one from the beta?
I never understood why this gif is loved during the beta. That Tie Fighter in the background is much further away than the stormtrooper is. No way it was pushed into the Tie Fighter's path.

The kill feed proves it didn't collide too.

Jocund

Exactly. I exclusively played the single player modes of Battlefront 2 as a child, and that was hours upon hours of playtime. I'm open to the multiplayer-centric approach of this reboot, but it's strange to pretend the loss of Galactic Conquest and the like is insignificant.

Markitron

That's true, but instant action was pretty fleshed out in the previous games.

At any rate, what gets my goat is that they attempted to do SOMETHING in the form of missions, but it's halfhearted as hell. Give players options like the past, modify the maps to allow bots to work out.

Yea that would have been nice alright, I think the lack of SP content is clearly a sacrifice that had to be made to get it out before Episode 7. Maybe they will add some of these features with the expansions. Either way I fully expect the sequel to have a full campaign.

"FAIRFIGHT BANNED"

For some reason that's just as funny as the gif itself.

Yea that would have been nice alright, I think the lack of SP content is clearly a sacrifice that had to be made to get it out before Episode 7. Maybe they will add some of these features with the expansions. Either way I fully expect the sequel to have a full campaign.

It is possible! I could see the adding more missions per new map or something. Or maybe the outcry will be sizable enough that they could slowly start adding bot matches to the game once everything else is in order.

WillyFive

That's what a campaign should be, especially considering DICE's past campaigns were. And of course, the SWBF2 campaigns and single player content eclipse the new game as well.

Toxi

Banned
Tatooine is one of the four planets in the game, right? Jakku will be the fifth?

Please forgive I don't really know what Jakku even is. Been staying away from VII details
Yep. Jakku might also be a sandy desert, but it's a different sandy desert (One with a lot more crashed spaceships).

anothertech

That's from a previous post on this page. But I dunno dude, I guess I'm a jerk for just letting both sides talk about the game as opposed to one.
Not calling you a jerk at all, I just think there are a lot of posts in here that are overbearing on both sides. Basically what you posted but both ways.

I read the exchanges earlier too, I didn't think he was saying it's ok for me so it should be for you either. I'm seeing a lot of posts, not yours specifically mind you, saying the opposite though, and dismissing anyone that is enjoying the game like myself.

grimmiq

Still sitting on the fence with this..Any Australians that played the Beta/Early Access able to share their experience with latency?

Markitron

That's what a campaign should be, especially considering DICE's past campaigns were. And of course, the SWBF2 campaigns and single player content eclipse the new game as well.

IMO a campaign should be a good single player story, and DICE are capable, as Bad Company 2 was pretty good. What if CoD 4 just had an instant action mode instead of a campaign?

Battlefront 2 had a decent amount of SP content, but it was just the multiplayer mode with bots. Maybe some people are happy with that but I would rather just play the actual multiplayer.

lol why?

This isnt 2005 anymore...

If you want to kill AI, then play the Missions
Terrible arguments. A few reasons why multiplayer matches with bots (aka Instant Action) would be good are:
1. Easily hop into any map plus mode combination without needing to wait for others or risk coming in mid match.
2. Play the full game without needing a PS+ or XBL subscription.
3. Play the game if you lose Internet connection or servers go down.
4. Play the game when inevitably servers are taken offline.
5. Easier competition. Believe it out not many just want to casually enjoy a good Start Wars fantasy power trip. They're not any lesser of gamers.
6. No competition for getting the hero pick up.
7. Being able to command AI to follow you around.

Honestly it greatly upsets me that I can't relive some of my favorite games from last gen like Warhawk, but I am incredibly grateful that I can still enjoy Killzone 2 multiplayer whenever I get an itch thanks to bots. It's an incredibly priceless feature and it pains me that devs don't bother with it anymore.

JDHarbs

IMO a campaign should be a good single player story, and DICE are capable, as Bad Company 2 was pretty good. Battlefront 2 had a decent amount of SP content, but it was just the multiplayer mode with bots. Maybe some people are happy with that but I would rather just play the actual multiplayer.
To be fair, the campaign was a little more than just multiplayer matches. It had a story, there were multiple objectives to complete during each mission, etc. At least in SWBF2. In SWBF1, it was literally matches in chronological order like you said.

It wasn't on par with other shooter campaigns, but it was still enjoyable and better than nothing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Exactly. I exclusively played the single player modes of Battlefront 2 as a child, and that was hours upon hours of playtime. I'm open to the multiplayer-centric approach of this reboot, but it's strange to pretend the loss of Galactic Conquest and the like is insignificant.

The single player missions are pretty much just like they were in the past BF games, as well as some are iconic battles from the movies you can take part in.

To be fair, the campaign was a little more than just multiplayer matches. It had a story, there were multiple objectives to complete during each mission, etc. At least in SWBF2. In SWBF1, it was literally matches in chronological order like you said.

It wasn't on par with other shooter campaigns, but it was still enjoyable and better than nothing.

It also had certain set ups not present anywhere else. Order 66 clones verse Jedi on Coruscant, Imperial Stormtroopers taking out the remnants of the Clone army on Kamino, and more.

Lack of Galactic Conquest is huge. II's was so cool and such a huge leap from the original Galactic Conquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom