• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't help myself waiting for this to release and ended up installing SW BF2.
Had a nice time with friends playing multi but man that game feels kinda dated.

CS_Dan

i agree he used one in episode 3 so why wouldn't he still have one if he were to actually go into battle once he took power, didn't his saber get sucked out the window though? he shouldn't have a hard time finding a new one general grievous had like 20 of them lol... maybe he was just so arrogant he didn't feel he needed one anymore?
"Take your Jedi weapon!"
Palatine should never have had a lightsaber.

Theorry

Really think this is one of worst games i ever played map wise. I play alot of Walker Assault and Supremacy and they are so bad. Way to open so you get shot from every direction. That lava map for example. Uch and the flanking options are all just tight hallways where everyone is standing with 5 people pre fireing in 3 person and throwing nades like crazy.

OEM

Played 1hr of this today. Matchmaking is smooth, but man the game feels so weird. Janky as shit. Specially coming from something like Halo 5 and BO3. The controls feels so off in this game. And I kept on dying, with weapons I have un heard of lol. I dont know how is this game balanced. I doubt I will even buy this on sale, 10hr EA Access will be enough for me.

So far I like Hero vs Villain mode, others game modes are confusing as shit. I spawn and die.

RyanW

lol why?

This isnt 2005 anymore...

If you want to kill AI, then play the Missions

That's a pretty poor argument, don't you think?

I see you complain about the lack of content in Halo 5 and I could very well use that same reasoning you just used to justify why Halo 5 doesn't have the content past titles did. I'm sure you wouldn't like that answer would you?

You can't really blame people for expecting certain things with a Star Wars game that has the word Battlefront in the title and then it not contain said things.

I like the look of Boba Fett for the empire, but who is the best rebel hero to play as?

Solo and Fett can both be OP because they have range on their side. Fett, especially, because he's super mobile. If you're not getting at least 10 kills when you have pick Fett, you're doing it wrong.

Solo has the super escape dash, so that helps...but my god, playing as Fett is so damned fun.

That's a pretty poor argument, don't you think?

I see you complain about the lack of content in Halo 5 and I could very well use that same reasoning you just used to justify why Halo 5 doesn't have the content past titles did. I'm sure you wouldn't like that answer would you?

You can't really blame people for expecting certain things with a Star Wars game that has the word Battlefront in the title and then it not contain said things.

Ah you again...

Halo 5 is a SEQUEL and past games content is expected there especually when a lot of existed 10 years ago. With this Battlefront people forgot, that its a REBOOT.
Its not a sequel. And Dice never promised stuff from the old ones at all.

Yes they took some inspiration from the old ones, but its still DICE's baby.

And playing "MP" Matches against bots is just silly in this day and age IMO. Its a mainly a PvP MP game. Which is fine. And people who want this kind of stuff still get the missions which contain a various of variants including wave based Survival.

A singleplayer Star Wars game is coming which i hope will turn out amazing too.

Ferr986

Ah you again...

Halo 5 is a SEQUEL and past games content is expected there especually when a lot of existed 10 years ago. but with this Battlefront people forgot, that its a REBOOT.

And playing against bots is just silly in this day and age IMO. Its a mainly a PvP MP game. Which is fine.

To be fair I wouldn't mind a Fighter Squadron alI against bots down the line (I think there's a training mission but not sure if it's like the online mode). But yeah, rest of modes wouldn't work with bots.

Moa

Ah you again...

Halo 5 is a SEQUEL and past games content is expected there especually when a lot of existed 10 years ago. but with this Battlefront people forgot, that its a REBOOT.

And playing against bots is just silly in this day and age IMO. Its a mainly a PvP MP game. Which is fine.

Man, this is hilarious to see.

I think I've figured it out now. If a game you like has a lack of content, its ok but if its a game you dislike (Halo), it's not ok.

A game from DICE launching with lack of content (especially content that people liked from the old games) is not ok and you shouldn't be defending it.

JDHarbs

Ah you again...

Halo 5 is a SEQUEL and past games content is expected there especually when a lot of existed 10 years ago. With this Battlefront people forgot, that its a REBOOT.

And playing against bots is just silly in this day and age IMO. Its a mainly a PvP MP game. Which is fine. And people who want this kind of stuff still get the missions which contain a various of variants including wave based Survival.

The purpose of people wanting to be able to play against bots was so that years from now when the servers are no longer running for this game, we can still play it (meaning all of the modes not just a couple of missions). Not because bots are fun.

This is a big reason why the original games are still played today long after the populations dropped off and GameSpy eventually shut down.

cjp

lol why?

This isnt 2005 anymore...

If you want to kill AI, then play the Missions

Don't see what the year has to do with anything.

Some times it's just real nice to stick some music on and zone out without really concentrating.

It's also great when you just want to take it at your own pace for a while. Gives you a chance to properly explore the maps and get a feel for different unlocks, vehicles, heroes etc or just generally fuck around without having to worry about letting your team down or messing up your stats.

And best of all, it's there to play for ever. I can stick BF2 in my PS2 right now and have a laugh, just like I did all those years ago.

10 years from now will the servers still be up? If they are, would anyone even still be playing?

I loved bots in the old games. I love the bots in Killzone. I'd love it if this game had them too.

RyanW

Ah you again...

Then why use the Battlefront name? Oh I know why, because people have fond memories of the past titles so EA decides to take advantage of nostalgia to make a quick buck and old fans realize this after they buy it, in the end being disappointed.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying what I've played so long but even I can admit it's lacking substance. Missions comes off as half assed. Tutorials could have been a bit longer with more story elements because that's obvious that's what they were going for and Battles is just a slightly glorified Survival mode.

Being a reboot is a poor excuse for lack of content and a slap in the face to fans.

Man, this is hilarious to see.

I think I've figured it out now. If a game you like has a lack of content, its ok but if its a game you dislike (Halo), it's not ok.

A game from DICE launching with lack of content (especially content that people liked from the old games) is not ok and you shouldn't be defending it.

lol now all the Halo peeps are coming because im saying something against Halo 5... that hilarious to see.

I dont see the lack of content people are claiming. And again, reading your comment tells me that you expected a sequel. But DICE told everyone since the beginning its a reboot.
And thats why i dont have a issue with this Reboot. Its a new game to me.

But back to ignoring you beyond guys :)

Solo and Fett can both be OP because they have range on their side. Fett, especially, because he's super mobile. If you're not getting at least 10 kills when you have pick Fett, you're doing it wrong.

Solo has the super escape dash, so that helps...but my god, playing as Fett is so damned fun.

Yeah I've seen a bit of Boba Fett gameplay and he does look really OP, haven't seen too much Solo gameplay though so I'll go and see what I can find.

Remember: it is possible to both enjoy playing Battlefront AND acknowledge that it is lacking in content. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

See: Destiny, where hindsight has made even diehards look back and say, "I put X number of hours into a game that was content-bare."

Whichever part of that is more important to you will likely determine whether or not you purchase. I'm just tired of buying games that I stop playing after a month because there isn't much to play.

Moa

lol now all the Halo peeps are coming because im saying something against Halo 5... that hilarious to see.

I dont see the lack of content people are claiming. And again, reading your comment tells me that you expected a sequel. But DICE told everyone since the beginning its a reboot.
And thats why i dont have a issue with this Reboot. Its a new game to me.

But back to ignoring you beyond guys :)

This is the issue with you dude, you're making excuses as to why this game is lacking content. Reboot or sequel, it doesn't matter. When the game is lacking content, it is lacking content.

You don't have an issue with it because you like the franchise, it's pathetic to see. There's no shame in offering feedback to a franchise you like, that's the only way it is going to get better.

Just realised this comes out on the 19th, not the 17th in the UK. Why? I don't think there's ever been a game that has come out on a thursday here?

Then why use the Battlefront name? Oh I know why, because people have fond memories of the past titles so EA decides to take advantage of nostalgia to make a quick buck and old fans realize this after they buy it, in the end being disappointed.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying what I've played so long but even I can admit it's lacking substance. Missions comes off as half assed. Tutorials could have been a bit longer with more story elements because that's obvious that's what they were going for and Battles is just a slightly glorified Survival mode.

Being a reboot is a poor excuse for lack of content and a slap in the face to fans.

Why use the Tomb Raider name for the current Tomb Raider games? Why use "Need for Speed" for the newest one which is a reboot too?

Being a reboot is not poor excuse. Its a valid reason. And people forgot that Battlefront was done in 2 years. Announced 2013. But of course for our armchair devs here it should be no problem to have 20 maps at launch, especially when you use new tech like Photogrammetry.

Ive only played a mission once. Im mainly grinding Multiplayer.

Remember: it is possible to both enjoy playing Battlefront AND acknowledge that it is lacking in content. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Im not feeling this lack of content. Yet. First DLC will drop in 2 weeks with Jakku and more will drop early 2016. (Yes i will buy the Season Pass, screw the haters)

JimiNutz

Banned
Gutted I didn't know about the second account thing until just now! I would have been playing this all day today! :(

Don't you need Gold for the second account as well though?

FIFA 16 also came out on a Thursday it must be an EA thing.

Not that it excuses it, but it is comforting that there's a reason for it that I didn't know about. Very strange on EA's part though, maybe they've worked out that they can push their title as "top selling" across two weeks this way.

RyanW

Why use the Tomb Raider name for the current Tomb Raider games? Why use "Need for Speed" for the newest one which is a reboot too?

Being a reboot is not poor excuse. Its a valid reason. And people forgot that Battlefront was done in 2 years. Announced 2013. But of course for our armchair devs here it should be no problem to have 20 maps at launch, especially when you use new tech like Photogrammetry.

Ive only played a mission once. Im mainly grinding Multiplayer.

I would argue that the newer Tomb Raider games have more content than older titles.

But I really don't understand your reasoning behind reboots being a good reason for lack of content or not bring back what people enjoyed from the series.

Make a throwaway account, get a 1 month EA Access code for that account, launch whatever title you want to play with that account, then switch to your primary.

I have a couple of friends that when Madden rolls around that is what they do to play early. They basically make 1 account a day till release just to have that advantage once the game launches. It is the only game they play so $30-$35 is nothing to get a 7 day advantage.

I would argue that the newer Tomb Raider games have more content than older titles.

But I really don't understand your reasoning behind reboots being a good reason for lack of content or not bring back what people enjoyed from the series.

I dont get your complaints about "lack of content".

To me the game offers enough. I already invested way more hours into the MP than i did for H5.

If im rebooting a series im not trying to copy paste the old one.

But we should stop with the derailing.

Moa

To me the game offers enough. I already invested way more hours into the MP than i did for H5.

Nobody is saying to copy and paste the old one. We're saying have enough content to make it worth the purchase and better than the old one.

A series reboot is NOT an excuse for lack of content. If anything, it's an excuse for more content.

RyanW

And that's good for you but really all I see from your posts is "The game is fine for me so you all should stop complaining."

Then why make a reboot, reuse the old name, etc? At least some bit of fan service from the old titles like proper AI matches would be nice.

Sure, as long as you stop disagreeing or just typing "No" when replying to posts and calling them haters in the process.

/done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom