• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did just this, got the deluxe PC edition for 44.99. GMG will refund me 49.99 in 2 days so WOO. About to go preload now.

Can we use a VPN to play early? If so what time (sorry if this has been asked a million times)

Someone told me 3pm today, in like 30min through Singapore (VPN) and gave me this link. Can anyone confirm?

Risgroo

I'd also like some of the battles from the prequels. The fight above Courasant, the Battle of Naboo. Could even have the fight between the Clones and Droids from Attack of the Clones.

Oh yeah, the prequels have some nice battles, but IIRC they're focusing on the original trilogy with this game. We might get some prequel DLC, but I think we'll have to wait until the next Battlefront.

Alienous

I imagine the DLC would be new trilogy based.

Six new characters would work for the three heroes (Daisy, Boyega and the flying guy) and three villains (Ren, Phasma and... uh).

Then again Rogue One is supposed to take place between the first two trilogies, so...

Nemic77

What's the deal with the EU release date? I have game preordered on PSN and the countdown timer is pointing to friday.

Thought the release date was thrusday? Or are there different release dates depending on the country?

DOWN

Banned
16 maps as future DLC, yet only 4 maps in the base game. I'm done with this type of shit.
Base game is 12 maps + 2 free in December

Some people are insistent on breaking it down in confusing ways that make it sounds smaller instead of just comparing the numbers like for like

But really, it's 14 for buying the base game, 16 to be added

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What's the deal with the EU release date? I have game preordered on PSN and the countdown timer is pointing to friday.

Thought the release date was thrusday? Or are there different release dates depending on the country?

Europe at large is 19th (or 23:00 18th), UK might be 20th.

Theorry

How do those middle star cards work? I have a scan pulse. You start with 25 and of those are gone you can rebuy them. But there is also a upgrade version? How does that one work for example?

Khasim

Six new characters would work for the three heroes (Daisy, Boyega and the flying guy) and three villains (Ren, Phasma and Darth Jar Jar)
FTFY

On a more serious note, if I buy it from Origin today and set up a VPN to Singapore, will I be able to preload and play it today on PC? Does anybody know a nice free VPN with some instructions? I've never done it before but for this game I'm willing to. I'm in Eastern Europe, if that matters.

Ferr986

My timer ends on the 19th at 00:00.

DOWN

Banned
I paid over $120.00 for Dragon Age Inquisition and loved it. But I'm sorry I'll pass on this piecemeal Star Wars offering.
Great ignoring that you actually get 14 maps for buying the game, but are you saying you paid $60 on top of Inquisition and we're happy with that DLC pricing (also by EA)?

jeemer

I paid over $120.00 for Dragon Age Inquisition and loved it. But I'm sorry I'll pass on this piecemeal Star Wars offering.

I paid less than that for the ultimate version of battlefront, but ok. Don't buy it.

I'm done trying to defend or debate points on this game, just looking forward to the release at this point!

What does this even mean?

I'm not sure. EA is getting all my monies?
3oEduFNHfDMjyIpgCk.gif

12 maps in the base game and 16 maps in an expansion it still pretty shitty.

So. You had no real initial point, just to complain? Each "expansion" has 4 maps, numerous weapons and cards and a hero. There's 4 "expansions". How is that "getting out of hand" considering Dragon Age: Inquisition had what 3 add on packs with actual missions and 3 add on packs of just items and a store.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
According to some posts, yeah people are playing Jakku.

Timing it with the movie makes sense so in that regard I understand. Like you said though, they are giving early access to those who pre-ordered so movie timing loses a bit of ground. I suppose 2 weeks isn't THAT much time prior to the release

You mean in this thread? They were joke posts. Haha! They were saying that simply due to people believing they can play ASAP now on PS4 by changing the system clock.

No one's playing Jakku content yet.

Huh? Im not finding anything about that the Jakku DLC is already available if you change your date.

Yep.

Is the game live already in any part of the world other than EA Access? I have bought it on PC via Mexican Origin so was hoping to play a bit earlier than the 19th.

Some have it due to stores breaking street dates, others are media or YouTubers or friend of a friend, etc. Not missing much. Not a lot of people on PS4, means you can't even get to play Walker Assault. Mostly it's just Blast (TDM).

Classes until 5, then the girlfriend and I need to go furniture shopping. No playing for me until 9, at least.

Have fun everyone, see you out there soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom