• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
And has anyone tried to analyze the PC code to see if they could hack together a working splitscreen with any of the remnants left behind? People did something similar for L4D IIRC.

Woorloog

Banned
I thought some of equipment-powerups and some the weapons are completely new. But yeah they shouldn't focused too much on the OT. I remember thinking about certain arguments that people brought a long time ago during the time of BF2 that a complete OT wouldn't have a lot of stuff and be fairly limited. I don't know if they truly was limited in their creative freedom or it was something they chose. It would be more interesting to me if people got to experience more places and battles we didn't get to see on screen.

There is new stuff, like the grenade launcher and the rocket launcher (based on M79 Grenade Launcher and RPG-7, respectively. Compare to E-11 which is based on the Sten SMG or the Rebel's blaster rifle (A280C?) which is based on AR-15/M16.)

But basing things to prequels wouldn't mean there's more variety, as the prequels didn't really have anything that the originals had, things just looked a bit different. At least when it comes to weapons, the prequels do feature more vehicles, like the lovely AAT tank.

Being limited to the OT-like equipment isn't a problem, as long as the style is kept, like DICE has. If no liberties would be taken, that might be an issue (like, dealing with AT-ST without rockets).

Functions for new weapons/non-blaster weapons can be stolen from previous SW games... but whether those mesh with blasters is another matter. I personally never though the Flechette gun or the rapid fire gun from Jedi Outcast as Star Wars weapons.

(I never liked the hovertanks and other vehicles not seen in the films that Battlefront 1/2 had. They never felt like Star Wars vehicles, IMO.)

I think im going to run by game stop and change my pre-order to the standard edition. Two new emotes doesn't seem worth ten dollars to me. I would rather dump the ten dollars into the season pass.

border

What's the difference between TIE Fighter vs Intercepter

And X vs A wing

I'm not really sure at all. Empire vehicles have a speed boost, and Rebel vehicles have a shield boost. But the difference between an X-Wing and an A-Wing may just be cosmetic.

RulkezX

Runs like a dream on PC, looks incredible and is a ton of fun so far.

Plus all I can think of playing this is OMFGHOWGOODISMASSEFFECTGOINGTOLOOK

Anyone had any luck playing online yet? I saw people say if you just launch the game you can then disconnect your vpn, but whenever I do that and get a UK IP again it just boots me out of origin.

Blitzhex

Running a mix of ultra and high 60 fps locked at 3440x1440 with a 970, full 21:9 support. Game looks amazing. Dice are awesome.

Wil348

Kind of on/off-topic, but you guys with a Vita haven't lived until you've played the PSP version of Battlefront II with dual sticks. So good.

Excited for tomorrow though.

Rudiano

Banned
Wow this game sucks on PC using a pad. I've always been a pad player as I despise playing with a friggin keyboard and man the experience is shit compared to console. Why wouldnt they implement the aim assist for pad users?

Woorloog

Banned
X-Wing and Interceptor are slower and less agile but do more damage and can take more.

Tie Fighter and A Wing are fast and agile but made of glass

Canonically, TIE Interceptor was pretty much all around upgrade to the TIE Fighter, with better agility and speed and more firepower though it wasn't really sturdier.
Guess it has been tweaked for gameplay's sake?

Lrrr

I'm starting to wonder how this game would've been received had all the content from the season pass had been included with the base game? Would it still get boring quick? Would it still not be worth $60? I wonder if the continuous ranking up system from games like CoD, BF, etc., have conditioned people to expect a reward every few matches? It'd be funny if the boredom people feel is because SWBF doesn't dangle a carrot in front of the gamer. Of course, all those carrots were cut out and are being sold for an extra $50, but that's another story. ;)

I finally started playing it on EA Access. I remember the frame rate being pretty spotty during the xbox one beta but now it's really solid. Haven't really noticed any major drops. Also the game looks absolutely beautiful. The Endor map might be the best looking thing I've ever seen on current gen.

Ferrio

Banned
Wow this game sucks on PC using a pad. I've always been a pad player as I despise playing with a friggin keyboard and man the experience is shit compared to console. Why wouldnt they implement the auto aim for pad users?

You'd have PC players up in fucking arms. That's a PC no no.

cjp

This is a really interesting typo.

Hahaha, that is pretty crazy. It was autocorrect and I'm not even sure how that happened. I'm not into anime so it's not even a word I often type.

It's supposed to be 23GB but it only says 20.9GB for me.

Thanks. Someone streaming the PS4 version today said it was about 50GB which didn't sound at all right. Wonder where he got that number from.

aajohnny

About to hit the "Pre-order" button... do you guys think it's a wait or pre-order? I want to pre-load so I can play tonight if it's worth it.

ryseing

Got my PS4 copy a day early. Seems like servers aren't up yet -- can anyone confirm? Am I stuck playing offline modes?

Edit: I'm in the US

Apparently non Blast matches have been impossible to find since there aren't a ton of prerelease copies out there. Servers are up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom