• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

t1447736400z4.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

RulkezX

How do you get it for that price maybe my VPN is working wrong but the price I see is £49.99
and I'm in the US so it did change something but definitely not what I want. Yea Hola unblocker isn't working for mexico for me, just gives me Great Britain store instead.

I just used a trial of the avast vpn. Set to Mexico and it was $39.99 / 44.99 so £25 / 30 in my money.

Even after I said I was going to down grade my deluxe edition I ended up keeping it. Wow those emotes are shit.

Well I will be getting the season pass and missing two emotes would drive me fucking crazy! Damn you OCD

BumRush

As someone who has never played a battlefield game, does battlefront play more arcade-y like halo or realistic like COD (please just use those two series as a reference)?

Bsigg12

As someone who has never played a battlefield game, does battlefront play more arcade-y like halo or realistic like COD (please just use those two series as a reference)?

Neither? It's more like Battlefield without roles and no reason to use a scope, so arcadey.

AEREC

It's arcade in it's own way, but I would say closer to Halo as the time to kill is probably similar. CoD is pretty twitchy, I'm not sure realistic is the best way to describe CoD.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional

What makes COD 'realistic for you? :p

Battlefront is certainly not a Battlefield game, while I always found Battlefield to be the more 'realistic' shooter, Battlefront absolutely is more 'arcade-y'

Won't be able to play until after 10 am Eastern tomorrow. My local BestBuy doesn't do midnight releases. But saving that money and getting $10 back with GCU is worth it.

XxCGSxX

So whats the best mode to jump into with friends? Which is your favorite mode so far for those who played it with EA Access?

BumRush

What makes COD 'realistic for you? :p

Battlefront is certainly not a Battlefield game, while I always found Battlefield to be the more 'realistic' shooter, Battlefront absolutely is more 'arcade-y'

Lol, I don't know...in halo, you can get swords and hammers and jump about 40 feet in the air plus the weapons aren't realistic. COD is based in a realistic setting that feels more grounded (physics, weaponry, etc.). I haven't played a COD since MW, so maybe it's gotten less realistic since then, but the old WW2 ones and MW sure felt less arcadey than Halo.

So whats the best mode to jump into with friends? Which is your favorite mode so far for those who played it with EA Access?

I feel like I am going to spend 90% of my time in Walker Assault/Supremacy and the rest in Fighter Squadron. Will probably not even touch the other modes again.

Bsigg12

Do not miss out on Heroes Vs Villains folks.

A very competitive and sublime game mode folks.

@Dr Prob, thanks, my love!

Emperor is truly OP once you learn how to use the chain lightning. It's soo satisfying taking down 3-4 troopers in one chain lightning attack then darting off.

MastAndo

Just found a spot selling the game early in NYC and picked up a few copies. I sent out a text to my few remaining gamer friends, and fortunately, 2 out of 3 bit. The other is waiting on our verdict, but I'm glad there was interest. My decision to purchase depended completely on them.

That has classes that play dramatically different from eachother.

He asked what it plays like more. In terms of gameplay--fun, arcadey, shallow (PvZ might have more depth, actually), third person, uses a three-card ability system, simple shooting model--it's very similar to PvZ.

cybropm

gNwGGFf.png

Why did I buy the Deluxe Edition? Why did I buy the Deluxe Edition? Why did I buy the Deluxe Edition?

*sighs*

I got the deluxe edition and the season pass already.... looks like I will get my moneys worth just by the victory seizure/jizz emote alone. lol :)

LowParry

You think this game will keep a healthy community on PC? It still pisses me off there isn't a server browser but man the game looks so pretty that I want it for PC. But PS4 is looking really good too and I know that will keep good legs in the future. Mehhhh, can't decide.

Naudi

Banned
He asked what it plays like more. In terms of gameplay--fun, arcadey, shallow (PvZ might have more depth, actually), third person, uses a three-card ability system, simple shooting model--it's very similar to PvZ.

PvZ? Really? Doesn't really seem similar at all.

BumRush

This will probably be one of the more if not most accessible online FPS you can get other than maybe Garden Warfare. It is geared toward a larger not as hardcore audience.

Thanks you! I probably should have phrased my question like this. I am not bad at FPS but I want a game where I can chill and not think about weapons loads, classes, etc. I want a more accessible experience. Thanks again.

Jobbs

Banned
I bought the game based on the fact that I played like 20 matches in the beta and felt like I wanted to play more, see more and reach higher levels.

I'm feeling a little apprehensive based on some of the negativity that came about from the early access, but reasonably confident that I'll have fun due to the fact that I had fun in the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom