• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
You think this game will keep a healthy community on PC? It still pisses me off there isn't a server browser but man the game looks so pretty that I want it for PC. But PS4 is looking really good too and I know that will keep good legs in the future. Mehhhh, can't decide.
I think it will sell way better on PS4 and always have a big player base. It will probably sell decent on PC but it will undoubtely be a lot less crowded on in a year then on PS4 probably.

LowParry

I think it will sell way better on PS4 and always have a big player base. It will probably sell decent on PC but it will undoubtely be a lot less crowded on in a year then on PS4 probably.

Yeah it makes sense. If the server browser was there it wouldn't be an issue at all. Meh. Mehhhhh. I think I'll go PS4 then.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Yeah it makes sense. If the server browser was there it wouldn't be an issue at all. Meh. Mehhhhh. I think I'll go PS4 then.
And if you play in third person, in my opinion the PS4 is also the better choice. Third person plays much better with a controller in comparison with a KB/M

a916

I could be wrong, and this could be the worst gauge... but BF4central which has player counts (not sure how accurate) has BF4's largest player base on the PS4. It would make sense if Battlefront, an even more casual game and a massive Sony push, have a bigger following on the PS4.

I'm really trying to enjoy this game on PC.. I feel like I cannot kill any thing. I'm still fairly new to PC gaming but I do really well in BF4 but man I just cannot get kills in this game. I don't know what it is..Thinking of seeing if I can get a refund on origin and just getting the PS4 version.

Okay, so after playing for about 6 hours, I have to say the following are great;

- netcode pretty solid
- clientside optimizations solid
- glad they added a different color for distinguishing party members
- hero vs mode is fun

I'm rubbish at flying, but what really gets me is that the "rush" mode is basically just whoever grinds the best weapons and shoots from a distance dominates the round. There wasn't a lot of tactical makeup to the games I played aside from this, since respawns are plentiful. Barely any people using homing rockets to shoot things out of the sky, too.

LowParry

And if you play in third person, in my opinion the PS4 is also the better choice. Third person plays much better with a controller in comparison with a KB/M

Oh I've played with a Xbox One controller for PC. But yeah, I'll roll PS4 with this. Plus the wife can download it and play it once in a while. IF I can convince to stop playing FFXIV.

I'm really trying to enjoy this game on PC.. I feel like I cannot kill any thing. I'm still fairly new to PC gaming but I do really well in BF4 but man I just cannot get kills in this game. I don't know what it is..Thinking of seeing if I can get a refund on origin and just getting the PS4 version.

Leading the target is a big one. Lead more than you think you need to. Play like you're using the slowest muzzle velocity weapon in BF :)

Barely any people using homing rockets to shoot things out of the sky, too.

Eh, what's the point? Air combat is so disconnected from the ground, there's not really much point, except if you're trying to shoot Speeders out of the sky while they attack AT-ATs.

JTripper

So has anyone found a way to easily play this game with more than one friend without trying to land in the same lobby after a million attempts?

N30RYU

So has anyone found a way to easily play this game with more than one friend without trying to land in the same lobby after a million attempts?
If you add your friend in the main menu top left corner. Once you choose a game your friend will get a message to join you.

Here are a few shots I just took from the night Endor survival mission. It looks... I just... oh my.

22454559574_952e84cfcf_o.png
23077366435_8ec83b9510_o.png

23088553371_b128ca34b0_o.png
23051303636_9ab29f8f00_o.png

OneUh8

Just got a call from best buy promoting the launch party. The guy said they will be giving away goodies and stuff to those that pre order and come. Guess I'm going!

I bought a RT97-C and it seems to be hot garbage :/

Nah, son, that's a great gun. Really good all-around weapon.

I'm shooting directly at people and its like they take no damage at all.

Hmm, maybe the PC has networking/hit detection issues compared to consoles? I mean, look at the state of BO3 on PC...

Here are a few shots I just took from the night Endor survival mission. It looks... I just... oh my.

Wow. Is this the rare time where the game actually lives up to its bullshots, or even exceeds them?

Screenshots are already gorgeous, but even they almost can't do it justice. Seeing it in motion just takes it to a whole 'nother level.

I totally agree. It looks amazing in stills but seeing it all moving and at 60fps is kind of astounding.

OMG that looks freaking good! PC, right? Hoping PS4 looks as good, minus some textures/shadows, etc.

Yes and downsampled from 4k. But still, I suspect it doesn't matter a ton what platform you play on, the art and framerate and glorious.

tumblr_mwshkrnDKo1rhmne4o1_500.gif

I just am not sure that there is enough content for me. I WISH this had a worthwhile single player campaign. It looks and runs incredibly. It's right up there(Hell, probably edging out) with Witcher 3 for me as best looking game so far.

DOWN

Banned
Plants Vs Zombies (also an EA Frostbite game) is definitely the closest gameplay feel comparison besides changing classes imo

from a guy with a lot of time put into assault, recon and engineer on bf4, I find this game to be much easier. Was always in the top 5 in the beta, except rare moments when my team got dominated and shots were coming from everywhere. What are you finding to be so difficult about the gunplay?

JDHarbs

Anyone planning to buy a physical PC copy? Just wanted to know what is on the disk when someone gets it. If it's just an Origin client like some games have been doing lately then I think I'll pass.

ecurbj

Wow. Those screens are phenomenal. I can only imagine how it looks while playing.

DICE always impresses me with their attention to graphic detail.

Sooo, probably not the place to ask this, but does anyone know how to request a refund through Origin? Been playing for a few hours and I really don't care for the game at all, but its not showing up as eligible for refund.

I over spend this month with the hardened edition and the pip boy one. But first thing next month I'm getting the game! Had so much fun with the beta and bringing down at-ats is fun.

robotrock

Banned

goddamnit

gmg give me my key
Anyone planning to buy a physical PC copy? Just wanted to know what is on the disk when someone gets it. If it's just an Origin client like some games have been doing lately then I think I'll pass.

I just looked at the Amazon page for the retail copy of the PC version and apparently it doesn't even have a disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom