• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strakt

Tried using the mexico vpn/proxy but after checkin out, i tried both cc/paypal it says the order fails... doesnt ask me for address either when checking out, just name, cc info, and phone.. :(

Okay, so, defend the uplinks mode.

Does flying into the walkers cause it damage? It seems like it does not and it's actually detrimental because you lose a pilot (although, you cannot tie them up unless on Hoth map)

JDHarbs

Okay, so, defend the uplinks mode.

Does flying into the walkers cause it damage? It seems like it does not and it's actually detrimental because you lose a pilot (although, you cannot tie them up unless on Hoth map)
You can tie them up on any map that has a Snowspeeder available which I think is all except Endor.

Edit:

But does flying into them in a kamikaze cause damage to the walker?
It did in the beta, but I haven't seen anyone try it yet in the full game.

antitrop

I know it's off topic, but quick thoughts?

Amazing for what it is. Compares very strongly to Fallout 3, which I enjoyed very much, but recognized its numerous flaws. Overall main plot is better and more interesting (not saying much).

Dialogue system is trash, performance on PS4 is garbage, but the open-world is compelling as fuck and I enjoyed looting all the locations and the general combat. Some of the sidequests are extremely well done, way more than the main quests. The locations themselves are the real star of the show, just exploring and seeing what you come across. Unmatched gaming experience for me, this year (Only because I can't get into Witcher's style of fantasy, just not for me). Gonna be my GOTY over Bloodborne, actually.

Complaints about overall technical performance and polish are completely valid and deserved, but didn't ruin my experience. There were times where the framerate got pretty apocalyptic itself, though... Definitely one to play on PC, goes without saying, really.

I'd like to see detailed reviews about the comparisons between this and the past BF games.

Yeah, the layer of depth I appreciate is in the Card "loadouts". With a good partner, you could potentially have four varied loadouts to choose from--one of mine is anti-vehicle, which is Ion Grenade, Ion Blast, and one of the launchers.

So, I'm at Best Buy for the midnight launch...They give away a free POP figure with purchase...My Best Buy got 4 total figures to give away....There are 15 people here...They aren't happy lol

I got Boba Fett, I could have picked a storm trooper...If you're planning on getting one of those, good luck...

4 minutes.

Despite the game not having legs, for me at least, I'll hopefully enjoy it simply due to the fact that my friend is forcing me to play it with him.

And, if the beta was any indication, I'll be somewhat decent at a FPS that's not TF2.

22459106783_3cf31b4a14_o.gif

So, I'm at Best Buy for the midnight launch...They give away a free POP figure with purchase...My Best Buy got 4 total figures to give away....There are 15 people here...They aren't happy lol

I got Boba Fett, I could have picked a storm trooper...If you're planning on getting one of those, good luck...
Online, Fett sold out quick. Settled for the storm trooper myself.

Will0827

i manage to pick up the game this afternoon, and have been having trouble installing it (XONE) for a couple of hours now, for those that have gotten games early have they had issues with playing before the official release or there being issues with the installation. 3 times it has fully installed but it hangs then goes back to the dashboard ? I will try again it maybe a bad disk but i may have trouble returning it being that the store is a mom and pop shop and they sold it early, if i have to take the hit to learn patience i guess it's okay. I'll leave in a bit and go pick it up for ps4 it maybe my xbox im not sure at this point.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Tells me to update, but it is the latest. Any ideas?

Vire

Amazing for what it is. Compares very strongly to Fallout 3, which I enjoyed very much, but recognized its numerous flaws. Overall main plot is better and more interesting (not saying much).

Dialogue system is trash, performance on PS4 is garbage, but the open-world is compelling as fuck and I enjoyed looting all the locations and the general combat. Some of the sidequests are extremely well done, way more than the main quests. The locations themselves are the real star of the show, just exploring and seeing what you come across. Unmatched gaming experience for me, this year (Only because I can't get into Witcher's style of fantasy, just not for me). Gonna be my GOTY over Bloodborne, actually.

Complaints about overall technical performance and polish are completely valid and deserved, but didn't ruin my experience. There were times where the framerate got pretty apocalyptic itself, though... Definitely one to play on PC, goes without saying, really.
antitrop plz.

I'll have to play it once I build my PC... I just can't tolerate those kinds of drops on the regula, but glad you enjoyed it.

Im happy to see that DICE actually cleaned up the few areas that had drops from the beta. (Interior on Hoth)

So if I purchase the digital version (Xone) after having played the trial via ea acces. Do I still have to download? Or is the game completely downloaded for trials?

CoLaN

This game wowed me as much as the first Gears Of War did. It sets a new standard for MP games graphics.

4 screens from the PC version, max details, going back to play

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Getting an error. What a surprise, another game that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom