• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
I have a 2.14 K/D :p

But im just joking with him ^^ Nothing serious :)

And yeah his K/D number looks weird xD

not to rain on anyone but this game K/D ration means nothing at all, I went 206- 35 this morning simply sitting in one of those ground lasers at the back of the map

MADGAME

not to rain on anyone but this game K/D ration means nothing at all, I went 206- 35 this morning simply sitting in one of those ground lasers at the back of the map
Truth. I hope this doesn't turn into an e-penis competition like every other shooter.

derFeef

When will games stop showing K/D ratio and start showing objective score only. Maybe then, one time, we can not get frustrated at people playing deathmatch no matter the mode.
:p

Grinds my gear they have the most kills in the award screen

Should be objective based

Of course that slayer game types would be different.

jackdoe

K/D means absolutely nothing in this game. Especially since you get random hero powerups and vehicles that can allow you to go on a rampage. If you're really worried about your K/D, play a match of Supremacy and pick up a hero powerup. Then hang around one of the capture points. Your K/D will instantly jump skyward.

K/D means absolutely nothing in this game. Especially since you get random hero powerups and vehicles that can allow you to go on a rampage. If you're really worried about your K/D, play a match of Supremacy and pick up a hero powerup. Then hang around one of the capture points. Your K/D will instantly jump skyward.

Good point. Makes me wonder they only put in the K/D ratio stat to please the elite gamers. But for SW Battlefront, I realize now that this stat is pointless.

Yopis

When will games stop showing K/D ratio and start showing objective score only. Maybe then, one time, we can not get frustrated at people playing deathmatch no matter the mode.
:p

Let people play how they want.
Atleast it keeps servers full.

zarggat

Banned
Where is this mode?? I bought the game last night and figured it would have the classic battlefront conquest...

In Conquest mode, players are required to capture command posts.[9] Players capture command posts by standing near one until its holograph turns blue.[9] Players can capture both enemy command posts and neutral command posts. For enemy command posts, enemy units can continue to spawn in the area until they are de-energized. When all command posts belong to a given team, a twenty-second timer begins in which the opposing team must de-energize a command post or they lose. Alternatively, if one team eliminates all opposing reinforcements, they win.[7]

Uhm K/D or the ability to defend yourself makes a lot in this game.

When half of my team in walker assault cant defend themselves, i will lose. Same for supremacy.

mcz117chief

So I just played Battlefront (the original one) and it feels like a much better and more fun game, don't know what it is but I can play Battlefront (the original one) for hours but this one just doesn't grab me at all :/

There is something missing, something on a subconscious level that I need in a Star Wars game...

Any ideas?

My biggest gripe is that this game is so so so much easier to play in third person. Aiming is better, you can see around obstacles and corners and you have a much better situational awareness. I feel like every time I try playing in first person, I'm at a severe disadvantage, which is really annoying.

At least its not just me, beta felt right and I had no problems and the game felt totally easy to me. Now suddenly in the full version everything seems different to me, can't pin point it down what it is.

keep in mind that the teams do not rebalance between rounds and there has been a LOT of team stacking going on. it's not uncommon for me to jump into a game only to find that the top 5 or 10 guys on the opposing team are at 20-30 kills vs 5-6 deaths.

MADGAME

lol @k/d ratio matters. Dat need for sense of 133t doe.

Play walker assault and sit in an AT-AT all game, get insane kdr

My biggest gripe is that this game is so so so much easier to play in third person. Aiming is better, you can see around obstacles and corners and you have a much better situational awareness. I feel like every time I try playing in first person, I'm at a severe disadvantage, which is really annoying.

I play first person only.

But 3rd person does give you huge situational awareness.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1xvseg.png

100% in agreement. But I have a personal reason to preferring to play in 3rd person...I can really only see out of one eye. May sound weird and it is hard to explain. You probably said it best, which I bolded above.

It does explain why I suck in these type of games as my reaction time is brutal.

jeemer

Uhm K/D or the ability to defend yourself makes a lot in this game.

The stat itself is meaningless really, except in blast. In an objective based game, someone with a KDR of 5 could be camping the AT-AT every game and doing very little for their team. Whereas someone with a 0.3 K/D ratio might be throwing caution to the wind while always playing the objective.

Basically having a high KDR doesn't necessarily mean you're actually playing the game well.

derFeef

The stat itself is meaningless really, except in blast. In an objective based game, someone with a KDR of 5 could be camping the AT-AT every game and doing very little for their team. Whereas someone with a 0.3 K/D ratio might be throwing caution to the wind while always playing the objective.

Basically having a high KDR doesn't necessarily mean you're actually playing the game well.

That's me! ;)

Yopis

Same argument can be said about COD since modern warfare and perks were introduced.

A bad kdr means you are poor though, in either case. Don't think kdr should be removed for these types of games.

Different people get off on different things. Nothing wrong with that.

i dont get some of the design decisions in this game. why aren't there dedicated spawn points? i think that alone would make the game feel less random and more strategic.

DirtyLarry

This. This x 100.
When I played Blast, I was happy to have a k/D ratio of around 1.75 (that is VERY good for me, I am always around .5 to .75 in other modern FPS's). But that is also the point of that Mode. To kill the other team. That's it.
Then I played Supremacy, and my ratio dropped to .5 because I was actually trying to do the Objectives.

When the rounds of Supremacy were over, there were people with insane KDR's, but I was close to them on the leaderboard as I was actually doing the Objectives.

If all you care about is your KDR, then just play Blast.
Let those of us who enjoy the Objectives based games actually play them the way they are supposed to be played, not the way you prefer to play them for imaginary bragging rights.

DavidDesu

Enjoying the game but I have one major gripe on PS4 they really need to add a additional sensitivity option for vehicles. It's fine when running around on foot but when I step in a vehicle it's way too sensitive, sadly they both share the same setting.

Also wish the fighters controlled a bit more like most games where one stick controls the roll and the other the pitch. I believe I am saying that correctly at least...

Still fun but man I was doing terrible on those tutorials with the vehicles.

While I'd like to see more traditional flight controls, I did end up getting used to how they work here in the Beta, and it fits the arcade style. Once I did I really enjoyed it. It's just like aiming, you move your reticule up/down/left/right as you do with a gun and the ship follows. Definitely takes some adjusting to, and for sheer coolness I'd love to be able to do a roll etc. Maybe they'll update it? How are Dice for implementing big changes like that in their games?

The only thing I'd want to see would be a faster minimum speed, it got comical how small a turning circle ships had in the Beta, as players tried to line each other up. Definitely needs to be faster and require more skill and dexterity that way.

Experien

This. This x 100.
When I played Blast, I was happy to have a k/D ratio of around 1.75 (that is VERY good for me, I am always around .5 to .75 in other modern FPS's). But that is also the point of that Mode. To kill the other team. That's it.
Then I played Supremacy, and my ratio dropped to .5 because I was actually trying to do the Objectives.

When the rounds of Supremacy were over, there were people with insane KDR's, but I was close to them on the leaderboard as I was actually doing the Objectives.

If all you care about is your KDR, then just play Blast.
Let those of us who enjoy the Objectives based games actually play them the way they are supposed to be played, not the way you prefer to play them for imaginary bragging rights.

I totally agree, but since no voice chat, you can't try to convince people to go to objectives during a match. :/

The lack of voice public voice chat makes the game feel really lifeless. I might as well be fighting against AI.

Do you really want to hear the other team through VOIP? I could agree with squad VOIP like in Battlefrield but there's no squad here, so maybe team VOIP...

Even if there's team VOIP you'd still feel like you're fighting against AI since you wouldn't hear the other team. The fun in playing against others isn't to hear them throughout the entire match but because they are less predictable and harder to fight against than AI.

mileS

Played for 9 hours last night. I feel like the odd one out now. I had an absolute blast. I come back to the thread to see about 85% of the posts the same they have always been. Bland and boring apparently? Honestly the only negatives I have right now are the Walker Assault balance and the lack of content. All of which will be fixed in time. I find it utterly pointless to speculate about how big or small the player base will be when that comes.

The variety in star cards and weapons actually makes a huge difference. With all the talk about how 'basic' this game is I was left scratching my head when I looked at all the options. I keep asking myself, what is missing from this game that other games have. Why is it Call of Duty rarely ever gets called out for "lack of depth" but this game has been getting assaulted with it. It's a dumb fun shooter. Knowing the ins and outs of the weapons and load outs makes just as much of a difference here as it does there.

Same argument can be said about COD since modern warfare and perks were introduced.

A bad kdr means you are poor though, in either case. Don't think kdr should be removed for these types of games.

Different people get off on different things. Nothing wrong with that.

But that's the point - it's not true except in modes where you want more kills than deaths because, by definition, that's the point (like team deathmatch). In Domination I'd go 12-15 but get 15 caps and you can bet I helped my team more than the 15-3 guy who got two caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom