• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1zfsxd.png

2qcsrs.png

32rsn3.png

4iusq2.png

splattered

Ok so I ordered two copies of this through Amazon.. one for me and one for my wife.

Amazon only e-mailed me one code in an e-mail despite the fact that I purchased two copies of the game.

In the past they have ALWAYS sent me two codes for whatever the promotional items may be... DLC maps weapons character skins etc etc

But now I just got an e-mail stating that DLC codes are only good for one code per one account regardless of the amount of games purchased???

It's weird because Amazon e-mailed me two promo codes for the digital Star Wars comic book in an e-mail, but only one for the battle for Jakku DLC access.

I'm about to call into their customer service and yell at them but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Amazon before?

Surprised to read this, actually. I played Supremacy for a couple hours last night and firefights were always taking place around the capture/defend points and the matches I played in all had a pretty good back-and-forth feel to them.

I was playing alone, but maybe I got lucky.

It was really bad in drop zone. Really bad. Supremacy isn't as bad, but if I'm playing solo. I'll just play blast. Less frustration having to worry about blue dots actually playing the objective.

Ok so I ordered two copies of this through Amazon.. one for me and one for my wife.

Amazon only e-mailed me one code in an e-mail despite the fact that I purchased two copies of the game.

In the past they have ALWAYS sent me two codes for whatever the promotional items may be... DLC maps weapons character skins etc etc

But now I just got an e-mail stating that DLC codes are only good for one code per one account regardless of the amount of games purchased???

It's weird because Amazon e-mailed me two promo codes for the digital Star Wars comic book in an e-mail, but only one for the battle for Jakku DLC access.

I'm about to call into their customer service and yell at them but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Amazon before?

I'm sure theyll fix that for you, Amazon is awesome with customer service.

Question, why did you buy two copies anyway? Legit curious

Heres my hero tier list.
Leia
Boba
Vader
Han
Luke
Grandpa

What's your guys order? I put Leia over Boba because that stun lock shooting is broken as shit right now. Her alone can take away half a hero's health before they have a chance to retaliate.

Two separate ps4s I'm guessing.

Plus you can't play splitscreen online.

Oh really? That explains it.

Played for a few hours yesterday and the game is pretty damn fun. Did all the training missions and jumped right into fighter squadron. Playing that mode makes me think they should just make a full game based on that. Just make another damn Rogue Leader.

We also played a few other modes like walker assault on endor (good god i cant believe it looks that good) as the rebels and won and supremacy.

Fun game but I just hope my friends stick with it more because playing on my own with no in game chat would be boring as fuck over time.

A couple changes I would like made are, one grenade card allowed, slow the recharge rate by a decent amount. Increase the time it takes for homing missile to lock on.

I might as well just play TDM if I'm solo. Doesn't matter what game type I'm playing that's what it turns into. CoD and that KDR driven mentality has ruined arcade shooters like this. Very few people actually try and PTFO.

This is a problem that Battlefield has had for a very long time, and at some point in the late 2000s around the time of COD's rise to popularity with mainstream oriented gamers it got worse.

If you think about the differences in satisfaction between victories accomplished by teamwork and communication, versus individual scores and records ('smaller victories') then it opens up a weird discussion. Generally I think people are more satisfied when they accomplish something with others, but a lot of games have shifted to a "Me Me Me" mentality.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there isn't enough incentive for players to work as a team and do the objective, because there's such a HUGE emphasis on your own individual score that winning or losing the game as whole doesn't matter to a whole bunch of people. It's a lot easier to make an FPS based on individual performance than on collective team work. It explains why COD is more popular than say Red Orchestra 2. You flat out won't win games in FPS's like RO2 or Natural Selection if there isn't even the basic level of communication going on between team mates. But to be fair, COD has a lot more in common with deathmatch FPS's like Quake or UT, where the most popular modes were 'deathmatch' modes plus CTF

splattered

I'm sure theyll fix that for you, Amazon is awesome with customer service.

Question, why did you buy two copies anyway? Legit curious

My wife and I play multiplayer games together on separate gaming setups.

Every single game I've ever ordered doubles of I've received two codes.

Just sat on the phone with another rep for about 15 minutes, she was getting a bit upset with me and said she's been working at Amazon for three years and "Sorry sir but it has always been this way, one code per account"

I challenged her and made her look through all of my previous game e-mails from Amazon displaying two codes every single time and she was just like "Well all promotions are different and this one was limited to one per household/account"

Told her I wasn't going to accept this answer and insisted that she e-mail the promotional department again.

Because of what this DLC code actually is... early access to DLC (Ha) i'm not super pissed off about it, but if Amazon starts restricting DLC codes to one per account then I may just stop ordering from them for anything I plan to play w the wife.

**Pretty damn lame that there is ZERO way to contact the promotional department directly too. Anything has to go through general customer service. No chat phone or e-mail from customers. Can't be transferred. Ugh.

.hacked

Game is giving me a Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare vibe. I loved that game and this one is growing one me. Never been a fan of the Battlefield games, and COD gets too extreme for prolong play. I am loving Battlefront.

This is a problem that Battlefield has had for a very long time, and at some point in the late 2000s around the time of COD's rise to popularity with mainstream oriented gamers it got worse.

If you think about the differences in satisfaction between victories accomplished by teamwork and communication, versus individual scores and records ('smaller victories') then it opens up a weird discussion. Generally I think people are more satisfied when they accomplish something with others, but a lot of games have shifted to a "Me Me Me" mentality.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there isn't enough incentive for players to work as a team and do the objective, because there's such a HUGE emphasis on your own individual score that winning or losing the game as whole doesn't matter to a whole bunch of people. It's a lot easier to make an FPS based on individual performance than on collective team work. It explains why COD is more popular than say Red Orchestra 2. You flat out won't win games in FPS's like RO2 or Natural Selection if there isn't even the basic level of communication going on between team mates. But to be fair, COD has a lot more in common with deathmatch FPS's like Quake or UT, where the most popular modes were 'deathmatch' modes plus CTF

That's why I want kills and assists to be worth next to nothing point wise, and capture, defending objectives to be worth much, much, more. It'll give those people who want the top score mentality to play the objective to get there, and those that want to have a high KDR and not play the objective can sit at the bottom of the leader board and not progress. Unless they play blast.

I posted this in another thread, but it's too good to not post here.

@Andrew_Reiner: How much did EA's 10-hour Battlefront trial hurt sales? I'm guessing it was a disaster.

Wat

Ralemont

not me
Had a blast last night coming up with drinking rules for this on the fly. First, the standard Battlefield rules: double kill your friends drink twice, triple kill three times. Everyone else drinks when you destroy a vehicle, finish if it's an AT-AT. Heroes are interesting trying to make it high-risk, high-reward. I suggested an over-under of 5: if you get under 5 kills as a Hero you have to drink for every kill you got, if you get over everyone else drinks for how many you got over. Number will probably go up as we get better.

Are the jet bikes on Endor good for anything?

Theorry

I dont know. Shoots to slow for me compared with the travel time of the lasers.
I really like that heavy blaster RC97. That sound indoors is insane also.

Tak3n

Banned
I dont know how they are cheating but on the X1 there is a guy called Chelsea CFC 95 who can not be killed by blasters, just stood with 5 of us shooting him and not a bit of health disappeared

Jinaar

When I played the beta a few months back, I wasn't sold at all on it. Currently, I have this "Destiny Like" urge to play it though (It's like that urge for meth, you know you will get some sort of high from it but boy will it be short lived), but I ain't paying $60 bones or more.

Glad there are those having fun with it. Keep enjoying it!

Boke1879

I posted this in another thread, but it's too good to not post here.

@Andrew_Reiner: How much did EA's 10-hour Battlefront trial hurt sales? I'm guessing it was a disaster.

Wat

He's a editor at Game Informer right? Between him and Ben Kuchera they probably shouldn't openly speculate on sales. Ben has been horribly wrong in the past and it's insane to think this game won't sell well. I'm sure it's pushing tons of software and hardware

Nursezero

Oh man, this brings back fond memories of Battlefront 1-2. The gameplay is fun and the sound is fantastic. It really feels like you are in the Starwars universe. Sitting in the lobby to get the car oil change while reading all these post is driving me up the wall. Need to get home quick to play some more.

GRaider81

Got the PS4 version through post today (UK) and will be downloading the PC version tonight.

I must sayit looks absolutely stunning on PS4. Was also a bit worried about "lack of content" and "casual gameplay". Played it since this morning non stop, about 8 hours and im loving it. The gameplay is fantastic and i actually think the variety of modes is decent.
I knew having grown up with the originals it would be special and it certainly is.

I think my only gripe would be the progression and lack of weapons

Atwa

Banned
It's so good to see so many people having tons of fun just like me. And people said this game would bomb, that it wasn't good. lmao.

Good goy, keep applauding cutting content and forcing you to pay for two games to even have decent amounts of maps available.

90 dollar game to even be respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom