• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I couldn't do the speeder bike tutorial. I don't think there's a tree I didn't hit over the course of 5 attempts.

Lol well that makes me feel better then. I finally got the hang of it then crashed against a tiny pebble sticking up.

SWBF_pdpexcl_215x215_compare_Ion_Emote.jpg

"This cost me an extra $10. I'm gonna use the fuck out of it!"

Lol I hope they do, because it's absolutely hilarious to me. Especially when Stormtroopers do it.

mileS

oh man. if people told me THAT was the emote you would get I would have spent the extra lmao that video is hilarious.

Ferrio

Banned
20 seconds is still too long for the jump pack cooldown. The upgrade should really be 10 seconds and rhe default 15. It's so essential.

It's such a strong ability though, I would hate the game to be reduced to nothing but people constantly jet packing. It's going to get pretty bad as is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They added a "virtual joystick" or something. Try using a controller for flying, it's so much easier and actually better feeling.

Sick. Will plug in my pad and see how I go.

jackdoe

Playing as Darth Vader is so damned fun. Boba Fett is great too, but you just feel so empowered when you kill Rebel scum as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Playing as Darth Vader is so damned fun. Boba Fett is great too, but you just feel so empowered when you kill Rebel scum as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

It's fun just seeing people run away from you, haha.

For all my complaints, they really nailed the feel of heroes. It's terrifying when they come after you.

Siphorus

With Fett:

• Don't go to the front line: unlike Vader or Luke, you can't block/deflect any shots and your flamethrower is NOT a potent weapon (more on that later).
  • Stay ranged: Fett's blaster is burst-fire and if all bolts hit, it's basically a guaranteed kill. You can have a lot of success just staying back and "sniping."
  • Stay mobile and in the open: Fett was a little challenging for me at first, because I kept thinking LT would go to ADS, but of course, it's his jet pack. Use it as often as you can! Escape, get to better vantage points, etc. It's EXTREMELY useful and critical to surviving. DON'T get stuck in corridors, because you lose your biggest advantage. Finding a really good flank on a Rebel chokepoint=goldmine.
  • Use your rocket: Fett's rocket is basically the same as the RPG homing rocket--fire it near an enemy and it will auto-track them. Guaranteed kill!
  • Flamethrower is last resort/ambush tool, not a primary: The Flamethrower can do a lot of damage, but you have to be RIGHT on someone, and getting the flame "on" the opponent can be tricky. It CAN be really useful if you sneak up on a group of players, but be ready to escape/use your other weapons once they turn around.

Yea a lot of this is good advice. I would heavily emphasize is abuse the jetpack! You can really use it to nail people across the map with the rocket, also, 'V'/melee is zoom with Boba, and his gun is quite powerful at long range. In addition, there's some pretty clever spots that you can get onto on Sullust and Endor that let you shoot from safety.

EekTheKat

I just can't consider this a good game by any means, but I'll be damned if I didn't have a smile on my face every time I play it.

Which I guess means the game is doing its job admirably.

It's a total guilty pleasure game in my book.

Whide

I used to kill everyone in the beta and be number 1 on the scoreboard, but now that the full game is out, why am I so bad? What am I doing wrong?

Yea a lot of this is good advice. I would heavily emphasize is abuse the jetpack! You can really use it to nail people across the map with the rocket, also, 'V'/melee is zoom with Boba, and his gun is quite powerful at long range. In addition, there's some pretty clever spots that you can get onto on Sullust and Endor that let you shoot from safety.

Didn't know the melee/zoom trick! Thanks.

It's such a strong ability though, I would hate the game to be reduced to nothing but people constantly jet packing. It's going to get pretty bad as is.
Unless they increase sprint speed, the jump pack is essential for the 40 player modes. It should be an earlier unlock and have a shorter cooldown. Even if just 15 seconds for upgrade. Or maybe add a third tier of upgrades for like 20,000 credits for 15 seconds.

jackdoe

Unless they increase sprint speed, the jump pack is essential for the 40 player modes. It should be an earlier unlock and have a shorter cooldown. Even if just 15 seconds for upgrade. Or maybe add a third tier of upgrades for like 20,000 credits for 15 seconds.
They could also move spawns closer to the action. Granted, they keep them so far back to try to prevent spawn camping. But if your side is aggressively pushing forward, it's hard to make it to the action in time to make an impact.

an hour was literally enough for me to go "nope". back to battlefield 4

Yeah and you're definitely not alone.

Maybe it's because I've been a slave to Destiny for the better part of two years now. I might just be glad to have a new multiplayer shooter that my friends are up for playing that isn't COD or Battlefield.

splattered

Amazon customer service e-mailed me back again, they absolutely refuse to send me a second code.

If you go back and look at the PS4 product page it still shows the description for the early access to Jakku maps.

It says "While supplies last" but otherwise says NOTHING about codes being restricted to one per account/household. (Ok looked at it again, does not say while supplies last on this one, but other promos do like Rainbow Six Siege)

Is this not technically considered to be false advertising?

"Customers who pre-ordered Star Wars™ Battlefront™ will be among the first players on December 1st, 2015, to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™. Players who pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront can fight the battle one week early on December 1st, 2015. All other players will get access to this content on December 8th, 2015."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FYFBA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

RedAssedApe

Banned
i do wish you didn't die so easily. maybe its just the hoth map but it feels like even when you're in a trench you're a sitting duck. wish there was prone in this game so that its harder for people to shoot you from across the map.

Amazon customer service e-mailed me back again, they absolutely refuse to send me a second code.

If you go back and look at the PS4 product page it still shows the description for the early access to Jakku maps.

It says "While supplies last" but otherwise says NOTHING about codes being restricted to one per account/household. (Ok looked at it again, does not say while supplies last on this one, but other promos do like Rainbow Six Siege)

Is this not technically considered to be false advertising?

"Customers who pre-ordered Star Wars™ Battlefront™ will be among the first players on December 1st, 2015, to experience the Battle of Jakku, the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet in the Outer Rim. Taking place in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor, players will experience the events that created the massive, battle-scarred landscape of Jakku shown in Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™. Players who pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront can fight the battle one week early on December 1st, 2015. All other players will get access to this content on December 8th, 2015."

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W8FYFBA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Did you try the chat?

Just go to the chat and tell them you didn't receive it for the 2nd copy, they should give it to you promptly. Never had problems with Amazon using chat CSR.

Khasim

Weird enough, I always play other games with inverted flying controls (thumbs tick up means plane nose down), but here, due to the fact that controls are tied to aiming the guns, I play with the default controls and don't have any issues with it (playing on PC with X360 pad). I can't believe I it. Love Rogue Squadron.

Walker Assault, when I'm the only one in the air in my team while the opposing one has two planes is a pain though. Nobody ever attacks the bombers as imperials in WA ad well, which is infuriating.

Hoodbury

I want this game so bad but I don't have an internet connection strong enough to play it online at this time. And with the complaints that the full game doesn't have enough content I'd imagine the offline only parts are even less content or replayable.

I guess I'll keep finishing up Witcher 3, but man do I want to play some Star Wars.

Boogdud

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't hitting folks last night. Most of the time I'd get the jump on people and still end up getting beaten. A couple times I had people 10 feet in front of me (flanking them) and unloaded with the reticle right on their head and missed 3 shots in a row with the auto rifle (I am in first person mode).

Then I remembered (after I had stopped playing for the night) that I turned off auto-aim in before even the tutorials loaded. I typically turn them off on console because they keep you from getting head shots sometimes, but I think it was a big mistake here. Everyone else obviously has it on.

NJD316

Neo Member
Has anyone else been unable to download the patch? Keeps coming up as failed for me.

Edit: on PS4

Edit edit: just realised it's probably because I'm in the U.K. And the game isn't out until tomorrow!

Was that late last night around 12:30 central time? I think I was in that game lol. I was on the Rebel side, really tense matches in there.
Nope, was around 10:30 pm central on Jawa Refuge. Still, this means tense matches are happening multiple times which goes to show how great the mode is.

just to add to this, I ordered two PC copies from amazon, and i got two codes

RedAssedApe

Banned
Man i hope they do something against the constant head glitching. Its annoying

how does this apply to battlefront? do headshots do extra damage in this game? or maybe i'm misunderstanding what head glitching actually refers to? is it the opposite and it makes it harder to hit someone even though their head is poking out?

I still can't get over how good the Ice Caves map looks.

Absolutely insane. The first time I walked through that map I just stopped and stared at the snow walls. At least for me, it's bridged the gap between "huh that looks really nice for a videogame" and "this is real".

how does this apply to battlefront? do headshots do extra damage in this game? or maybe i'm misunderstanding what head glitching actually refers to? is it the opposite and it makes it harder to hit someone even though their head is poking out?

Head-glitching means that bullets originate not from the gun of a character model, but from the head. So if just the head of the opponent is sticking out over an object/cover, they can potentially shoot you, even though their weapon is "behind" the object, and the only target you have to shoot is their head. Very frustrating to deal with, and really easy to exploit.

splattered

Did you try the chat?

Just go to the chat and tell them you didn't receive it for the 2nd copy, they should give it to you promptly. Never had problems with Amazon using chat CSR.

Of course not. You're getting what you were promised. Just not two of them.

You can't complain because Amazon is suddenly not being as generous as before.

just to add to this, I ordered two PC copies from amazon, and i got two codes

Just a quick update... called Amazon for the fourth time and the rep put me on hold for awhile and came back. Apologized profusely and said that this is a KNOWN issue and they are receiving tons of calls from people that didn't even receive a single code for their order and that I should indeed have received two. He said they are in the process of contacting the company and expect a resolution shortly so he is going to own my case and update me as things progress.

I've kicked the horse about as much as I can now, I just hate the idea of this turning into an issue with any games I order two of in the future.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
From what I played last night, I love Supremacy. A great balance of high player count chaos and focused combat for objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom