• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Head-glitching means that bullets originate not from the gun of a character model, but from the head. So if just the head of the opponent is sticking out over an object/cover, they can potentially shoot you, even though their weapon is "behind" the object, and the only target you have to shoot is their head. Very frustrating to deal with, and really easy to exploit.

ah. yeah thats lame. i think ive seen that but thought it was normal lol

DOWN

Banned
I posted this in another thread, but it's too good to not post here.

@Andrew_Reiner: How much did EA's 10-hour Battlefront trial hurt sales? I'm guessing it was a disaster.

Wat
Delusional. He is far too mistaken if he thinks there is any disaster to be caused by the PC and Xbox One AAA buyers (which are smaller than PS4, which is the platform marketing the game), who also own EA Access (much smaller subset of those platforms), who also download the entire game to play the trial (even smaller subset), and went from planning to buy (rather than those who had no plans or already weren't interested, as they are inconsequential) to no longer buying.

That's a tiny ass number of people who may be turned away from the game

It's such a strong ability though, I would hate the game to be reduced to nothing but people constantly jet packing. It's going to get pretty bad as is.

Me too. People complained in the beta about everyone having jump packs flying all over the damn place and I figured it would not be that way in the final game. I'm happy to see people flying around more rarely.

Tookay

Me too. People complained in the beta about everyone having jump packs flying all over the damn place and I figured it would not be that way in the final game. I'm happy to see people flying around more rarely.

That's just because a lot of people haven't unlocked it yet.

There's going to be a lot of them in a week.

Played as boba fett on endor yesterday, and came up against luke skywalker. We didn't fight to the finish but it was awesome jetpacking around while shooting at him, and him chasing after with the lightsaber

Boogdud

Man i hope they do something against the constant head glitching. Its annoying

Isn't that related to having FXAA on? Or one of the AA methods, can't remember which.

edit: nevermind. I thought you were talking about the part where their head/helmet goes boinky and rolls all around like a bobble head.

bombshell

Has anyone else been unable to download the patch? Keeps coming up as failed for me.

Edit: on PS4

Edit edit: just realised it's probably because I'm in the U.K. And the game isn't out until tomorrow!

I'm in EU and have my pre-loaded game updated with 1.02 ready for tomorrow.

Make sure you have enough space.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who is this guy?

Also, really starting to hate the Pulse Cannon as much as the Cycler in the beta.

Google says Executive Editor for Game Informer.

He also calls himself the "President of Video Games". We have another Al Gore on our hands. ;)

I am sure that the majority of gamers out there all happen to be on EA Access, all happened to dislike it, to have this even put a hairline in sales. /s

There are also plenty who bought it because they loved it after the Access trial. But let us ignore that fact, and assume everyone is a hive mind of personal opinionated narrative.

So... about Hero Hunt.

The mode is COMPLETELY BROKEN if you are playing with a partner. Let me explain.

Two people join up. When one of them gets a Hero the "grunt" just stays back until his buddy(who is playing the Hero gets low), then he comes in kills the Hero and then becomes it. Rinse and repeat.

Joined 3 Hero Hunt games and this was happening. Just trading between two people so they could pad their K/D or Boost XP. Dice just needs to have it to where it rotates the Hero between all players.

So my Amazon Release Day Delivery is going to take yet a few more days I'm told.

The package started 40 miles away from my home at the warehouse. Next stop was 15 miles away. Next was 10 miles away and it was out for delivery.

Now it's 265 miles away in a city I've never heard of and I finally get the "whoops" email.
Fucking hell I want to play!

They added a "virtual joystick" or something. Try using a controller for flying, it's so much easier and actually better feeling.

About that.....I dug through the settings file and found a couple of interesting hidden settings that seemed to make mouse flying a lot less awful. Not direct control good like the Beta, but far more responsive than the shitty controls we get out of the box.

PARTIAL FIX FOR "VIRTUAL JOYSTICK" MOUSE FLIGHT CONTROLS

In your Documents > Star Wars Battlefront > Settings folder, there's a file called ProfileOptions_profile, which holds all of your keybinding, graphics and game setting preferences

NOTE: Always make a backup copy of these files before you change settings, in case you mess something up.

Look for these 3 lines.....

Original:
Code:
GstInput.Deadzone 0.03
GstInput.DeadzoneCenter 0.022
GstInput.StarfighterControl 0

....and change them to something like this:
Code:
GstInput.Deadzone 0.000005
GstInput.DeadzoneCenter 0.000001
GstInput.StarfighterControl 1

I'm going off memory to what the original values were, but the important part is what you change these values to. Starfighter control I think lets you pull off more advanced maneuvers, or at least doesn't as aggressively auto-level you maybe? Would need to test more to be sure. The Deadzone settings seem to be the biggest culprit for making the mouse control feel floaty and unresponsive for flying. The best feel I found was having the deadzone setting be slightly larger than the deadzone center setting. You can play around with these to see what feels good for you, as it will also depend on your in-game vehicle sensitivity (mines at 15%) and your mouse sensitivity settings.

Another note, I didn't test this with a gamepad after changing these settings, so this may break that control scheme. This is specifically to make mouse flight feel more like direct control, and less like an awful virtual joystick.

Give it try, and happy flying!

Qwark

@Andrew_Reiner: How much did EA's 10-hour Battlefront trial hurt sales? I'm guessing it was a disaster.

Wat

I like Reiner, he's usually a cool guy, but I have no idea what he's talking about with this tweet, makes no sense.

Not sure if the people talking him being delusional are joking or not, but he's really not like that. His "President of Video Games" shtick is just a joke from podcasts.

Tak3n

Banned
dl-44 op pls nerf

Disagree I get destroyed at distance, it is meant to be a close up weapon, if it becomes no good close up then no point having it, also remember it is not auto fire....

Dont get me wrong if I am close I can down 2 enemies before I die, but if those two enemies are 30 feet away, i lose 100% of the time...

perfectly balanced IMO

5taquitos

Guys I've heard that 50 is max. level, I've expected 100 at least..

It will likely go up for the DLC, but I'm not sure why it's important. It's not like there are more unlocks, and you don't get unique rank symbols, so it would just be watching the bar fill up for no reason.

Wat

I know a few people who "got their fix" from the EA Access trial, felt like there wasn't enough content to justify $54-60, and are waiting for a sale. I'm sure he's just hearing similar stories.

That having been said...does EA Access even have enough subscribers to warrant the term "disaster" being used here? Even if there's a million subs, which is probably high, you'd have to have a pretty high percentage of that group change their minds from "buy" to "no-buy" to warrant calling it a disaster.

Tak3n

Banned

See I am not so sure it will, as in the Beta you only had so many options, I unlocked it but it is a sacrifice to me to wear it as when you are a rebel you need the Ion torpedo and grenade for example....

Dont get me wrong I am not saying lots wont use it, but you do give up a lot of good stuff to wear it

5taquitos

I know a few people who "got their fix" from the EA Access trial, felt like there wasn't enough content to justify $54-60, and are waiting for a sale. I'm sure he's just hearing similar stories.

That having been said...does EA Access even have enough subscribers to warrant the term "disaster" being used here? Even if there's a million subs, which is probably high, you'd have to have a pretty high percentage of that group change their minds from "buy" to "no-buy" to warrant calling it a disaster.

I heard just as many stories of people setting up second accounts because they couldn't get their fill after 10 hours. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out after a month or so.

Tak3n

Banned

The biggest problem EA Access has is the Vault, as if history tells us right then the game will hit the vault 8 months from Launch, so you can have people playing their 10 hours then just waiting for it to hit the vault

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
havent gotten the game yet but I have a question, when you get the hero pickup for Slave, one of its special icons is three lines that are diagonal. I know for the falcon there is a shield icon that protects you from damage, but what does the 3 striped icon do for the Slave ship.

Turkoop

Banned
3 hours left here in Germany till the digital version will be unlocked, cant wait
I've lost my whole concentration at the work today, totally hyped for this ^^

Most estimates are around 100k. Vey small slice. Now figure half of them decided not to buy for argument's sake.

A drop in the bucket.

I like Reiner, he's usually a cool guy, but I have no idea what he's talking about with this tweet, makes no sense.

Not sure if the people talking him being delusional are joking or not, but he's really not like that. His "President of Video Games" shtick is just a joke from podcasts.

I honestly can't tell if he was being satirical. There's no rational way he believes that.

havent gotten the game yet but I have a question, when you get the hero pickup for Slave, one of its special icons is three lines that are diagonal. I know for the falcon there is a shield icon that protects you from damage, but what does the 3 striped icon do for the Slave ship.

It's a jammer, iirc.

I honestly can't tell if he was being satirical. There's no rational way he believes that.

Without any actual metrics or surveys, it's impossible to know whether or not he's right. However, even here on GAF, there were a number of posters who played the trial and decided not to buy the game based on that. Of course, there are posters who did the complete opposite.

It's an interesting discussion, but all we can really do is speculate. I'm sure EA has a way to evaluate the trial success, though.

Heroes vs Villains is the most fun mode I've played so far, it's fun talking it about how "oh, hey I need help killing boba, get han over here." It's just funny.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The biggest problem EA Access has is the Vault, as if history tells us right then the game will hit the vault 8 months from Launch, so you can have people playing their 10 hours then just waiting for it to hit the vault

Quick question, because I am both curious and ignorant to EA Access, but have I.P.'s they do not own hit the vault, or just their games they both publish and own the I.P. to?

And I wonder if Star Wars is handled differently if so. Disney got to get their buttah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom