• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man after playing Hero Mode all night I seriously want
latest

4. Yoda

I'd easily pay $10+ for each. Mode is fun as hell just needs a bit more.

I think I'm going to have to bump Cargo up to the top of my list of favorite modes, on par with Supremacy. The matches I've played have been incredibly good, especially on Imperial Landing Zone (Endor) and Imperial Hangar (Sullust).

Tak3n

Banned
Quick question, because I am both curious and ignorant to EA Access, but have I.P.'s they do not own hit the vault, or just their games they both publish and own the I.P. to?

And I wonder if Star Wars is handled differently if so. Disney got to get their buttah!

They say games published by them go into the vault, I am guessing that is all sorted in contracts

demolitio

I think I'm going to have to bump Cargo up to the top of my list of favorite modes, on par with Supremacy. The matches I've played have been incredibly good, especially on Imperial Landing Zone (Endor) and Imperial Hangar (Sullust).

CTF...errr...CTC is one of my favorites as well. It's also the perfect mode to use the Jawa shotgun. :D

Darth Maul was the best champ in Battlefront II because his rapid attack would knock the person over and you could just repeat it over and over again until they died.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
All I want is him
latest

Man after playing Hero Mode all night I seriously want
latest

4. Yoda

I'd easily pay $10+ for each. Mode is fun as hell just needs a bit more.

I know dice said there are 4 more heroes villains combined I think so 2 each. But I assume they would be epsiode 7 characters, unless the free dlc in dec includes the ep 7 characters. If not its prob going to be rey and either fin/Chewy, and Ren and the silver storm trooper. However if more villians and heroes are annouced (which they should like come on that is one of the fun factors of the game) Young Obiwan should be a character, young Anakin should be a character, Chewy, Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Yoda.

I know dice said there are 4 more heroes villains combined I think so 2 each. But I assume they would be epsiode 7 characters, unless the free dlc in dec includes the ep 7 characters. If not its prob going to be rey and either fin/Chewy, and Ren and the silver storm trooper. However if more villians and heroes are annouced (which they should like come on that is one of the fun factors of the game) Young Obiwan should be a character, young Anakin should be a character, Chewy, Darth Maul, Count Dooku and Yoda.

All season pass content is allegedly prequel trilogy only.

Boke1879

Heroes vs Villains is the most fun mode I've played so far, it's fun talking it about how "oh, hey I need help killing boba, get han over here." It's just funny.

Very fun mode. I'm shocked. When it was announced I didn't think it would be a mode I played often. One of the best modes

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All season pass content is allegedly prequel trilogy only.

Where did you hear this from? Link?

I would not complain, and it fits the narrative more of this being pre-Ep VII, but the fact they are showing nothing makes me think there is something movie related.

Also since Jakku comes just before the movie premiers, and takes place about 30 years prior.

I'm going to be playing in about an hour. Anyone feel like grouping up on PC?

I need my ass carried, all right?

Heroes vs Villains is the most fun mode I've played so far, it's fun talking it about how "oh, hey I need help killing boba, get han over here." It's just funny.

Yeah, it feels the most like the original Battlefronts to me. I prefer Supremacy and Walker Assault but I can't deny that Heroes vs Villains and Hero Hunt are nostalgic, goofy fun.

I suggest the Rebels characters (Ahsoka & Sabine) separate from expansions.
Basically just thrown up on the store for the few who care.

Maybe set a pack at $15 where you get
-Sabine hero character
- Sabine themed emote
- Female Mando helmet for Empire & Rebels

Ahsoka pack
-Ahsoka hero character
- Ahsoka themed emote
- Togruta face for Rebels

J_Viper

Darth-Maul_632eb5af.jpeg

TAKE MY MONEY EA

Would cop the season pass in a heart beat if they announced him.

So yeah, this game is simplistic as hell, but it's also equally enjoyable. The gunplay is solid, as long as I remember to feather the trigger and not just hold it down like in COD. Yes I would have absolutely loved some more customization options, but here's to hoping DICE adds some as DLC.

I also have to echo the praise upon the presentation, it's just flawless.

And for whoever in this thread asked, yeah, you're god damn right I want a hot pink blaster rifle skin.

I've been overall pleased with impressions and will likely be downloading it at some point and get in this weekend. My only question is if servers and the online infrastructure are performing fine? I know people were worried after BF4.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Perfect response, hahaha!

I've been overall pleased with impressions and will likely be downloading it at some point and get in this weekend. My only question is if servers and the online infrastructure are performing fine? I know people were worried after BF4.

The servers on the PS4 have been performing impeccable. Heard the same for the Xbox and PC as well. Literally night and day difference.

5taquitos

The four new Heroes and Villains will be Obi-Wan, Chewie, IG-88, and... some other Villain (Dengar? Tarkin? Boss? Veers? Who knows).

Mark this post

The four new Heroes and Villains will be Obi-Wan, Chewie, IG-88, and... some other Villain (Dengar? Tarkin? Boss? Veers? Who knows).

Mark this post

There must be a balance! If there is Obi-Wan, there's gotta be another saber-wielding baddie.

The thing is, there's really no other villains in the OT to flesh it out. Even IG-88 is just an ancillary character, at best.

5taquitos

There must be a balance! If there is Obi-Wan, there's gotta be another saber-wielding baddie.

The thing is, there's really no other villains in the OT to flesh it out. Even IG-88 is just an ancillary character, at best.

That's exactly why I was having a hard time figuring out the fourth. Maybe an Imperial Guard? I believe they have blade weapons that can go toe-to-toe with a lightsaber.

As much as I'd love a big focus on prequel content in the season pass, just imagine how bad the reception would be for those who blindly bought the season pass and are part of the "prequels ruined my childhood" group.

The player base is awful. Its clear a whole bunch of people who never have played an mp fps are playing
Isn't that a good thing? If you're a fan of the genre, wouldn't you want more people getting into it? Star Wars is a great way to introduce people to online shooters who somehow didn't catch on yet in the past 10 years when it was picking up steam.

This is the perfect dad game. With my 2 year old I don't have a ton of time to game but this is so easy to pick up and play.

I think I'll probably end up getting the season pass also. /ducks

Ah, so the OT timeline.

Possible that the last DLC is a tie-in with Rogue One?

That's exactly why I was having a hard time figuring out the fourth. Maybe an Imperial Guard? I believe they have blade weapons that can go toe-to-toe with a lightsaber.

Imperial Guards would be pretty cool! Loved their look since I was a kid.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jeremy Jahns explains why he isn't getting Battlefront and it perfectly explains why you probably shouldn't either. At least, he mirrors my own (and many other's) opinions on the matter: http://youtu.be/OT7eHT9yuGE

For those that aren't familiar, Jahns is one of the best and most well known movie reviewers on YT. Also a big SW fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom