• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Cheebo

Banned
Then there's this "leaker"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...thing_we_will_be_able_to_confirmdebunk_today/

Today is make or break for him his leaks as well :p

At least we are finally reaching a point of more clarity and people can stop believing the wild makebelievers.

No one on StarWarsLeaks is trustworthy. The only people leaking stuff that have had accurate information confirmed by official material so far is Indie Revolver, Star Wars Underworld, and of course the grand-daddy of them all Making Star Wars.

Heads up: the JJ/Kennedy panel will be livestreamed:

Launching with a live stream of the highly-anticipated kickoff panel featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy, the StarWars.com Celebration live stream powered by Verizon will continue providing coverage throughout the four-day event from a specially-designed Star Wars Cantina set located in the middle of the action on the convention floor.

http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star-wars-celebration-anaheim-live-on-starwars-com-powered-by-verizon

Rootbeer

Banned
Amazing! I'll be glued to my PC a good part of the weekend. Need to soak in all the news and cool reveals (hopefully lots of Ep VII merch!)

List courtesy of Making Star Wars. According to them, these are the names of all the characters they know "to have filmed an actual sequence in Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the Summer of 2014."

Han Solo
(Queen) Leia
Luke Skywalker
Rey (Kira)
Finn
Kylo Ren
Poe Dameron
Rose
Chewbacca
C-3PO (See-Threepio)
The General (Gleeson)
Uber (Serkis)
R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo)
BB-8
Wounded Stormtrooper (Village)
The Vicar
Junk Dealer
Snowtrooper #12 (Falcon)
Salvage Station Bully (Desert Set)
Captain Phasma
Star Destroyer Colonel
Rose’s Pub Barman (C049)
Evil Castle Teach #1
Brance (Rebel)
Major Ematt
Captain Trilla
Rebel Admiral
Evil Castle Officer #1
Gorwyn (Rebel Pilot)
Rebel Pilot #1 (Duncan)
Evil Castle Tech (Weapons)
“Bus Stop” Mother
“Bus Stop” Son
Lieutenant Mitaka
Ruddo
Emissary
Naka (Flashback)
Local Trader (Flashback)
Young Luke Skywalker (Flashback)
Captain Trilla
Fat Cat (Flashback)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=118703

My friend had a pretty funny high moment the other day. He said what if that girl isn't a Solo (like everyone suspects) but a Skywalker? Like Luke fell in love with a woman. They got it on but Luke disappeared shortly after. That woman had a child. In 8 we get the "I am you father" moment but instead of it being this shocking and devastating moment for the character it's sweet and touching.

I actually think that's a really good idea and I am sad now because that would have be a great moment in cinema.

Faiz

Quality on the placeholder in the stream keeps dipping into barely watchable range while I wait. If that keeps up I may just skip the panel entirely and wait for a full 1080 downloadable trailer I can watch at my leisure.

I guess we can discuss the new trailer in the context of the rest of the spoilers here.

I feel like a know quite a bit about the film now.

Moff

Luke is talking to Rey but wouldn't she know her family is strong in the force if she's a Solo?

I dont see that speech making any sense unless it's directed at a direct relative, not a nice.
however it's just a quote from ROTJ so I doubt it will be in episode VII, too.

maybe she is luke's daughter but he gave her to han and leia so she wouldn't be corrupted, or for whatever other reason he chose the life as a hermit. so might we get a second "I am your father" moment after all

I dont see that speech making any sense unless it's directed at a direct relative, not a nice.
however it's just a quote from ROTJ so I doubt it will be in episode VII, too.

maybe she is luke's daughter but he gave her to han and leia so she wouldn't be corrupted, or for whatever other reason he chose the life as a hermit. so might we get a second "I am your father" moment after all

God, if Luke Skywalker has a daughter I can't wait to see the haters out in full force.

Cheebo

Banned
Luke doesn't have a daughter. every single shot in that trailer matched a MSW spoiler report. And from those we know Luke has no kid. That Luke flashback of him saying bye to Artoo. Exact match.

The fight in the crashed Destroyer. The blood on Finns helmet. The Vader helmet. They got it all dead on.

At this point we should take their shot by shot list they revealed as what is clearly in the film now.

Moff

Luke doesn't have a daughter. every single shot in that trailer matched a MSW spoiler report. And from those we know Luke has no kid.

what about the ginger? do we already know what his role his?
maybe it will be revealed later, that would make sense since luke doesnt have a big role in this movie, so rey isnt officially his daughter, yet. maybe they pull off a jon snow.

I would just think it's a bit odd if luke didn't have any offspring, since the saga is all about the skywalker jedi legacy. sure a child of leia would work, too, but she was never a jedi.

Cheebo

Banned
what about the ginger? do we already know what his role his?
maybe it will be revealed later, that would make sense since luke doesnt have a big role in this movie, so rey isnt officially his daughter, yet. maybe they pull off a jon snow.

I would just think it's a bit odd if luke didn't have any offspring, since the saga is all about the skywalker jedi legacy. sure a child of leia would work, too, but she was never a jedi.
yep. He is a bad guy. Essentially this films Tarkin. And he doesn't make it out of the film alive.

I knew this trailer was going to cause people to go skidding in about 13 different directions with the speculation.

There's gonna be a LOT of know-it-alls who are spoiled who can't help themselves from "Helping" people who don't want to actually be spoiled in the next few days.

Luke doesn't have a daughter. every single shot in that trailer matched a MSW spoiler report. And from those we know Luke has no kid. That Luke flashback of him saying bye to Artoo. Exact match.

The fight in the crashed Destroyer. The blood on Finns helmet. The Vader helmet. They got it all dead on.

At this point we should take their shot by shot list they revealed as what is clearly in the film now.

There is another movie coming out and we only see Luke like five minutes in this one. We don't know about anything that happens in the next one.

I just noticed the first teaser has a specific date. This one just says December. Are they allowing for the possibility the opening date might get moved up?

Cheebo

Banned
There is a character named Rose and possibly is a force user. What if it's Mara Jade or some canon-variant of her? Daughter wouldn't seem so far fetched then would it!

Rose is a CGI character. The leaked concept art of her is pretty darn alien looking.

I'll preface this to say that I know enough of the rumors to quash pretty much any hopes that Ahsoka was the hand-offer of the lightsaber in the new trailer, but at the same time I don't recall reading about Leia ever being presented a saber in any of the rumors and the teaser really strongly suggests it was her. It would also be a total waste for Lupita Nyong'o, a dead ringer for Ahsoka if ever there was one, to mocap a little blue bartender.

Thematically, wouldn't it makes sense for Leia, having just discovered that Vader is her father and full of questions, to go to the person who knew him (and also her mother) best when he was at his best? And by extension, in that scene she would be literally receiving her father's legacy (Anakin's lightsaber)? And wouldn't that person have orange skin and be aged and shrivelled a bit like the arm in the trailer (not to mention that particular fashion sense)? And wouldn't she be the perfect person to have helped Luke try to restablish some sort of order and later display some significant force powers as suggested by the rumors? My inner fanboy is getting the best of me despite my better judgement.

I'll preface this to say that I know enough of the rumors to quash pretty much any hopes that Ahsoka was the hand-offer of the lightsaber in the new trailer, but at the same time I don't recall reading about Leia ever being presented a saber in any of the rumors and the teaser really strongly suggests it was her. It would also be a total waste for Lupita Nyong'o, a dead ringer for Ahsoka if ever there was one, to mocap a little blue bartender.

Thematically, wouldn't it makes sense for Leia, having just discovered that Vader is her father and full of questions, go to the person who knew him (and also her mother) best when he was at his best? And by extension, in that scene she would be literally receiving her father's legacy (Anakin's lightsaber)? And wouldn't that person have orange skin and be aged and shrivelled a bit like the arm in the trailer (not to mention that particular fashion sense)? And wouldn't she be the perfect person to have helped Luke try to restablish some sort of order and later display some significant force powers as suggested by the rumors? My inner fanboy is getting the best of me despite my better judgement.

Have you watched Rebels?

Have you watched Rebels?

Yes, I have watched all of clone wars and rebels.

I know Clone Wars and Rebels are canon, but I can't imagine them throwing something in TFA that requires people to watch them.

It wouldn't be too dissimilar from the MCU throwing in minor characters from the comics or tie-in promotions/shorts without giving them any particular introduction or story in the movie themselves.

Again, I know enough to not get my hopes up. I've seen both TV series, I'm mostly caught up on the new canon comics etc, and I've read the bulleted summaries extracted from the call sheets and shooting schedules. I may however be missing/forgetting a very distinct smoking gun that makes it very glaringly obviously that would quash that last bit of hope.

prag16

Banned
And wouldn't that person have orange skin and be aged and shrivelled a bit like the arm in the trailer (not to mention that particular fashion sense)? And wouldn't she be the perfect person to have helped Luke try to restablish some sort of order and later display some significant force powers as suggested by the rumors? My inner fanboy is getting the best of me despite my better judgement.

Well, if we're quick, we can actually see the face momentarily...

starwarsaau17.png

Cheebo

Banned
CGI character in the shot is Rose. MSW reported on the flashback scene of Rose handing Leia the saber when Luke went into hiding.

Well, if we're quick, we can actually see the face momentarily...

Yeah I've inspected it pretty closely. The complexion, general build, and fashion wouldn't be far off, but of course the lack of a distinct nose matches up with what we've seen of rose that says NO WAY.

CGI character in the shot is Rose. MSW reported on the flashback scene of Rose handing Leia the saber when Luke went into hiding.
I've actually been looking for this particular report, but I'm turning up empty.Edit: Nevermind:

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/03/star-wars-the-force-awakens-all-about-leia-the-ultimate-weapons/

though this would suggests it goes to older leia, which makes enough sense.

Woorloog

Banned

Huh.
And this Rose is... who? Looks like a Togruta to me. Related to Ashoka as someone suggested somewhere... (i have like three or four SW threads open at once).

Cheebo

Banned
Huh.
And this Rose is... who? Looks like a Togruta to me. Related to Ashoka as someone suggested somewhere... (i have like three or four SW threads open at once).

I am not sure where the art is anymore online but she is definitely not a Togruta, she is much smaller. She is voiced by lupita nyong'o.

Edit: Found it. This is Rose (on the far right), the same character in that scene:
2iBmUCY.jpg

Top Bottom