• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Moff

really, they let an oscar winning actress voice a cgi character? that sure is odd. would have loved to see a black girl in the franchise.

Woorloog

Banned
Luke's daughter is also Leia's.

Double the Force, Double the gross.

I was going to suggest that perhaps JJA is a Game of Thrones fan... imagine Han's expression when told that his* and Leia's* daughter is not his but Luke's and Leia's...

*Is Rey their daughter or not? Haven't kept up with leaks and speculation.

I was going to suggest that perhaps JJA is a Game of Thrones fan... imagine Han's expression when told that his* and Leia's* daughter is not his but Luke's and Leia's...

*Is Rey their daughter or not? Haven't kept up with leaks and speculation.

I think we can assume at 99% she is.

Well, maybe it's Leia's and Chewie's.

NBWGYJY.jpg

Resistance and the First Order are the two opposing factions in TFA.

Moff

Ah, yes, let's go to the crack-pairing territory.
I remember when someone suggested Finn was Luke's and Lando's son. Yes, you read that right.

the dark side of the force is the pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural

Woorloog

Banned
the dark side of the force is the pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural

I doubt you even need the Force for this in Star Wars universe, considering the advanced medical technology.
Of course...
I seem to recall Lando had hots on Mara Jade. Let's assume Mara Jade exists in the new canon in some form... ah, yes, she can be a surrogate mother for Finn. So this becomes kind of a threesome thing as well...

Woorloog

Banned
The First Order and The Resistance.
Where have we heard that before...?
This is gonna end up being a remake of A New Hope, no?

Moff

first order? I wonder if that is a special unit witthin the empire or actually the new name for the empire, since it also has a new logo

TM94

That shot that seems to allude to Luke being with R2, the robot hand...

It fits with this concept art don't you think?

1d8e8af7c38646a6dab67aba65c54ff3.jpg

first order? I wonder if that is a special unit witthin the empire or actually the new name for the empire, since it also has a new logo

Empire is the Resistance. The Rebels are the First Order. :p

Isn't this supposed to be Serkis's character?

BFIB

My guess is its the name of the remnants of what used to be the Empire, who still idolize Vader and the Emperor, and still have control over some planets on the outer rim.

Moff

My guess is its the name of the remnants of what used to be the Empire, who still idolize Vader and the Emperor, and still have control over some planets on the outer rim.

we haven't really heard that name before, have we?
it's actually what I am wondering the most, how the power has shifted after endor and in the following thirty years.

Anyone know any story leaks?

So 30 years after the RotJ the Empire still has some nebulous hold on power I guess, sith trying to come back into play some how, rebels trying to wipe the Empire out?

Tookay

Don't think so. According to MakingStarWars (who has a pretty damn good track record now that they have the call sheets) Luke only appears for two scenes in the whole movie and neither deals with the Vader helmet.

Woorloog

Banned
The masks, specially the right one. It just gives me a 50s sci-fi vibe. I like it.

Ah, i don't see it.
But then i don't think i've seen old scifi films...
Old posters and pics, yes, though i tend to be more interested in ones that have space ships in them.

The masks do remind me of Dune 2 troopers though.
gQsPQZ9.png

And i always felt that game does look a bit retro-ish...

Ah, i don't see it.
But then i don't think i've seen old scifi films...
Old posters and pics, yes, though i tend to be more interested in ones that have space ships in them.

The masks do remind me of Dune 2 troopers though.
gQsPQZ9.png

And i always felt that game does look a bit retro-ish...

Gort_Firing.jpg

Reminds me of Gort from The Day the Earth Stood Still (one of my favorite sci-fi movies).

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, i can see the similarity.
Not sure if intentional. Of course, Star Wars is kind of retroish, so perhaps they have looked for influences from past?

munchie64

So did Making Star Wars get the trailer description wrong or was that a different site? I remember people doubting the audio leak because someone reported something different.

Confirmation that the lightsaber being handed around in the trailer is definitely the one Luke lost on Bespin. It has that film's grip style, control box placement and belt clip. The rest of the details (top half of the saber's buttons, etc) varied a lot during Empires production from prop to prop. They matched much of the details but they clearly had to settle on one design. Needless to say that level of detail is very pleasing to me. That they went to so much trouble to match a prop.

Question is, how the hell did that Saber ever get recovered?

iosefe

Confirmation that the lightsaber being handed around in the trailer is definitely the one Luke lost on Bespin. It has that film's grip style, control box placement and belt clip. The rest of the details (top half of the saber's buttons, etc) varied a lot during Empires production from prop to prop. They matched much of the details but they clearly had to settle on one design. Needless to say that level of detail is very pleasing to me. That they went to so much trouble to match a prop.

Question is, how the hell did that Saber ever get recovered?

well if it didn't fall out a hatch under Cloud City it was still inside it

Tookay

They got it mostly right.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/04/what-well-see-in-the-next-star-wars-the-force-awakens-teaser/

Of course, the question is: what happened to the missing stuff? Is there a "full trailer" coming with the Avengers or something?

I heard someone say they had been doing multiple arrangements of the trailer and hadn't settled on what would be shown for sure til recently...I think it was in an interview recently... can't seem to find it. Seems like that is why the description is sort of off...

munchie64

I heard someone say they had been doing multiple arrangements of the trailer and hadn't settled on what would be shown for sure til recently...I think it was in an interview recently... can't seem to find it. Seems like that is why the description is sort of off...
Ahh makes sense and is very possible.

Christopher

Doesn't it seem so cool their using the style of the original trilogy instead of the clean looking prequel trilogy that just amazes me,

This is gonna be huge

BFIB

Doesn't it seem so cool their using the style of the original trilogy instead of the clean looking prequel trilogy that just amazes me,

This is gonna be huge

Abrams stated that he liked the "lived in, breathed in" world of the OT, so I'm not surprised by this. Glad to see it though, all the shine in the prequels really drew me out of it sometimes.

ESB shows it falling down to clouds under the Cloud City. In all versions of the film.

Was it the saber? I just assumed it was random debris. The saber fell quite a bit before Luke did. I assumed fell a different way from Luke and it was in the belly of Cloud City somewhere.

Woorloog

Banned
Was it the saber? I just assumed it was random debris. The saber fell quite a bit before Luke did. I assumed fell a different way from Luke and it was in the belly of Cloud City somewhere.

Oh. Right.
Damn it.
Sigh, is the scene available in Youtube... gotta re-check it...

Woorloog

Banned
Right. It does look just like some random debris... So, yes, it is quite possible the saber's easily found. And of course, now that i think of this, the saber was part of the Legends EU, from Thrawn Trilogy onward...

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Anyone know any story leaks?

So 30 years after the RotJ the Empire still has some nebulous hold on power I guess, sith trying to come back into play some how, rebels trying to wipe the Empire out?

Somewhere up earlier in the thread is a theforce.net forum link that has a ton of spoilers (arguably the whole plot) if you are interested.

Tookay

Why is there still a "resistance" 30 years later? Were the events in the OT really good for nothing? :p

To be fair, the bad guys went from a Galactic Empire to an Order. My guess is that it's just small factions fighting each other now, with the rest of the galaxy in stalemate.

Tookay

Helps that literally every scene in the trailer lines up with a spoiler report from the last year. Crazy good track record there.

You got to think somebody at Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to figure out who his leakers are so that the next go-around isn't this ridiculous. We have a pretty damn good idea of the film now, way beyond what they intended.

I'm trying not to get too deep into spoiler territory, but the curiosity is killing me: is it correct to assume Luke is talking to Rey in the trailer? Or are both her and Finn going to become Jedi?

Tookay

I'm trying not to get too deep into spoiler territory, but the curiosity is killing me: is it correct to assume Luke is talking to Rey in the trailer? Or are both her and Finn going to become Jedi?

It's just dialogue ripped straight out of ROTJ. They just repurposed it for this trailer.

Top Bottom