• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Cheebo

Banned
I was referring to the girl and the bad guy.
You said:
"make it about the Skywalker family without having all these people who came together by happenstance (once again, out of the WHOLE GALAXY) just happen to be related."

"All these people who came together just by happenstance just happen to be related."

Of the main new characters only 2 happen be related potentially. One of the new heroes and one of the new villians

And it's not like they would have a non-relative villain and a hero. The saga films are the story of the Skywalkers and their family drama. Not just random heroes fighting a new random villian.

Your gimli and smeagol comparison is odd. Because characters like Finn, Poe, Maz Kanata, Phasma, Uber, etc are not at all related to the Skywalkers and are central to this film.

Really the family saga is basic hero's journey stuff. If you're going to have a time jump you just pick up with the original hero's family or a descendant of a companion.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm not wild about Rey being either a Skywalker or Solo. There's already a family drama of sorts of with Kylo Ren and Han. Seems like they're overdoing it a bit with Rey being Luke's kid or Ren's brother.

A short time after this encounter, Rey enjoys a few drinks, and gets tipsy on the pirate ale. It sounds like a good time! While tipsy, Rey thanks Finn for sticking up for her in the strife. Finn’s attempt at chivalry doesn’t go unnoticed or unappreciated by Rey.

ReyxFinn ship gooooooooooo

A short time after this encounter, Rey enjoys a few drinks, and gets tipsy on the pirate ale. It sounds like a good time! While tipsy, Rey thanks Finn for sticking up for her in the strife. Finn’s attempt at chivalry doesn’t go unnoticed or unappreciated by Rey.

ReyxFinn ship gooooooooooo

Even if it happens tumblr will still ship FinnxPoe...

Even if it happens tumblr will still ship FinnxPoe...

PoexKylo. "Yeah, I know he killed all those villagers and pirates and Han but...hes just so dark and troubled <3 I feel that way sometimes"

star-wars-vanity-fair-photo-shoot-3.jpg

I don't know, Rey being Luke's daughter makes more sense to me. Specially if he just disappeared. She being a scanvenger on a far away planet doesn't sit as well if she was Leia's daughter. Maybe they could make it work, but Leia and Han would still probably be terrible parents.

LastNac

Driver is over 10 years older than Ridley. if they are brother and sister he'll be an older brother one would assume.

Well, even if they aren't exactly twins I could still easily see them being siblings. Maybe something happened to Ren that Rey needed to be protected from.

Then again, just 10 years? Movie magic and suspension of disbelief is always something that could be utilized.

LastNac

They Rey/Ren naming convention must mean something.

If Ren is his first name does that mean Kylo is a First Order title?

I would love for them to move away from "Darth Flavor -of-the-Month" for baddie naming. But then again, I would want to see at least another aptly named Sith Lord.

FeD.nL

What happened to that old rumor that the Falcon is now Poe's ship? I mean that would atleast provide a logical reason why the Falcon is on the planet and open for anyone to enter.

Cheebo

Banned
What happened to that old rumor that the Falcon is now Poe's ship? I mean that would atleast provide a logical reason why the Falcon is on the planet and open for anyone to enter.

Pretty sure that was just speculation. Wouldn't make much sense to be his anyway, Poe is an X-Wing pilot for the Resistance and flew his X-Wing to Jakku from what we have seen.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just saw American Graffiti, and I really noticed how Ford's little part in that felt like something Adam Driver would pull off well too, and there was this weird resemblance that wasn't necessary about looks alone, just that raw funny vibe that they both really have. I could totally see him as Han's son.

6" Black Series figures are hitting eBay. A Stormtrooper went up last night at a buy it now of $40, it's now there for over $150. More may be coming too.

FeD.nL

Pretty sure that was just speculation. Wouldn't make much sense to be his anyway, Poe is an X-Wing pilot for the Resistance and flew his X-Wing to Jakku from what we have seen.

Hmm you're right, looked up the article and its full of wrong info.

I was wondering is your name X-wing related?

MattyG

Banned
Snoke sounds kind of... funny. But then again, I thought the same about Kylo Ren at first, and I love that name now, so I'll give it time.

CD'S BAR

kind of a silly name but no more silly than sheev. now that we know he's gonna have cgi face i'm hoping for something along the lines of the cyborg we saw in the concept arts of yesteryear.

prag16

Banned
kind of a silly name but no more silly than sheev. now that we know he's gonna have cgi face i'm hoping for something along the lines of the cyborg we saw in the concept arts of yesteryear.

Let's keep the crazy Darth Plagueis rumors alive...

Top Bottom