• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Some substantially more real-looking spoiler pics:

PsGNfSx.png

VCEX5KR.png

eZQoyyJ.jpg

q5QnTk6.jpg

eW7y2Gc.jpg

Greg Grunberg as the X-Wing pilot Gorwyn and Domhall Gleason as a "General" character are the clear highlights here; it's still being debated whether those Ackbar and Nien Nunb pics are real, but in the context of everything else (as well as Ackbar's rumored involvement in the film), they're probably fine.

Rootbeer

Banned
TFN forums are still the best star wars forums on the net. Dunno why people are so shocked they are still around.

They could be upping their news game. But they have a big podcast presence, I think they prefer to be more about commentating than breaking big stories like MSW.

I used to frequent theforce.net back in the day. I haven't been there since ROTS. The Luke pic is probably fake, pretty certain the Han and Phasma pics are legit though.

Kuros

Assuming it is Ackbar and not his son or other Mon Calamari I wonder if they'll get Erik Bauersfeld back to voice him. He's 92.

Moff

Kenobi: He binds the galaxy together
Kenobi: He is our only hope
Kenobi: Not as clumsy or random as a blaster
Kenobi: The guardian of peace and justice
Kenobi: Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?
Kenobi: Use the force
Kenobi: Move along

Some guy in the BTS thread said there is a new spoiler about Luke out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=171574096&postcount=301
I'm pretty sure that is speculation based on an older spoiler. I think he is just referencing other scenes being confirmed (Poe in what will become Finn's outfit + Stormtrooper, or the castle rubble battle for instance), and then referring to an older one that he isn't necessarily calling new. I've certainly read it before from awhile ago, but maybe there is someone somewhere with harder info?

Nodnol

Havent read the thread in a while; the SDCC and the odd thread has kept me content.

I read the synopsis a couple of pages back, which on the whole seems pretty exciting, but there's a few holes in there and I think they've got the wrong end of the stick on a few things (Rey and Ren's connection being one; I'd imagine they are cousins).

I know you have to take into account shot composition, score, acting, script etc etc, but if the general jist is correct regarding the interaction between the old cast, then I think they've got it spot on to be honest.

I also love the parallels with the OT. IF Rey is Luke's daughter, then it's a brilliant nod to how Luke viewed Anakin before he learned the truth. Luke believed his Dad was a Jedi Knight, and one of the best pilots in the galaxy...Rey will have the same opinion. Thought that was an interesting angle.

I kind of don't want to spoil it for myself, but at the same time, the wait is killing me and I can't just go in blind and hope for the best. The PT has left me with trust issues. My own justification is I can be let down gently, but truth be told, I'm loving it all, pretty much.

This doesn't have to reinvent the wheel, it just has to nail Star Wars. It seems it's on the right track.

Back to lurking!

sphagnum

Banned
So this isn't directly TFA related, but MSW claims to have gotten a load of info from someone during SDCC about the first year or so following post-RotJ. I assume, if true, this information comes from Aftermath, Uprising, Shattered Empire, and other sources, so read at your own peril.

Again, this is NOT for TFA, but for the immediate years post-RotJ. I'm posting it here however since it obviously has relevance to the state of the galaxy in TFA.

Coruscant was in chaos, Grand Vizier Mas Amedda attempted to keep the Empire together by any means necessary.
The Imperial chain of command was is in disarray; no one knew exactly which superior officer they were supposed to follow or what the consequences for doing so might be.
Several powerful people tried to declare themselves Emperor; the rank and file didn’t really care much for those declarations any longer.
Pretenders to the throne used their forces to fight one another and chaos ensued.
The Anoat sector was cut off completely.
The Rebel Alliance secured several systems and set up bases there in relative peace with minor resistance.
The Rebel Alliance proclaimed itself the New Republic by this time.
The New Republic was established in the Hosnian System.
One year after The Battle of Endor the galaxy was still embroiled in all-out war, however.
Emperor Palpatine was praised as a martyr by many and young and untrained Imperial Cadets were sent to the front lines in his name.
Many battles for Naboo were fought in the year after Palpatine’s death.
The capital of Naboo, Theed, was well protected and stable.
Imperial sympathizers tried rallying at Naboo because it was Palpatine’s homeworld. The planet was still relatively wealthy and healthy.
The Empire repeatedly tried to invade Naboo, but every attempt was thwarted.
The New Republic celebrated its victory in liberating Naboo by the third battle.
Sondiv Sella served the New Republic beside Mon Mothma and Leia Organa.
The New Republic had a provisional galactic senate with elected representatives established.
Imperial laws were rewritten by the New Republic to be more benevolent and just.
Democracy was returning.
Worlds polluted by Imperial strip mining were being rebuilt; there were also slavery reparations.
One year out, Jakku was seen as a worthless world.
There was strategic value in Jakku for one power-hungry Moff who wanted to win back the sector.
General Carlist Rieekan, a leader of the New Republic, sent a team out to capture a Star Destroyer christened Inflictor, over Jakku.
The Battle of Jakku took place in the stars, in the sky, and on land.
The Battle of Jakku was the largest battle since the Battle of Endor.
The New Republic gained an advantage through better tactics, despite the Empire outnumbering them vastly.
The Captain of The Inflictor decided to follow protocol and scuttle the ship rather than surrender it.
The ship then crashed to the surface of Jakku.
One month after the Battle of Jakku there were no longer any large-scale battles by the Empire and they vanished into a nebula.
Having gathered their forces for a counterattack and established a new chain of command, Imperial vessels within Core and Inner Rim areas stayed within borders defined by a treaty, waiting to erupt at any moment.

I think this is very interesting and much better thought out than the old Legends post-RotJ events, although I guess that would make sense considering those were thrown together over the course of years without any planning. Things seem to happen pretty quickly though, leaving a lot of room open for a future tv show, books, comics, etc.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
One month after the Battle of Jakku there were no longer any large-scale battles by the Empire and they vanished into a nebula.
Having gathered their forces for a counterattack and established a new chain of command, Imperial vessels within Core and Inner Rim areas stayed within borders defined by a treaty, waiting to erupt at any moment.

Based on this, it seems that
the Empire/Republic conflict turned into a Cold War after the Battle of Jakku and eventually the Empire was reborn as The First Order, initiating a full scale galactic war?

munchie64

Based on this, it seems that
the Empire/Republic conflict turned into a Cold War after the Battle of Jakku and eventually the Empire was reborn as The First Order, initiating a full scale galactic war?
Sound good. I'm guessing
certain Sith (or dark side users or whatever) picked up some Imperial remnants and started rebranding.

sphagnum

Banned
In regards to those pre-TFA spoilers, I'm happy that
Mas Amedda and Naboo are sticking around and seem quite central. It helps bring the saga together to continue to include PT elements in the post-OT era.

GPsych

Man, I really want a Star Wars anthology film that is just The Battle of Jakku filmed in a style similar to Master and Commander. It would be completely unsuccessful money-wise, but I would absolutely love it.

sphagnum

Banned
Seems like everyone's talking about TFA in the other threads now. Indie Revolver has some concept art of what might be one of the Knights of Ren, or could just be old Kylo Ren concept art.

46PdrQ5.jpg

jHyT7yN.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Seems like everyone's talking about TFA in the other threads now. Indie Revolver has some concept art of what might be one of the Knights of Ren, or could just be old Kylo Ren concept art.

46PdrQ5.jpg

jHyT7yN.jpg

This is very nice looking concept, specifically the helmet.

It has strong influences from some medieval European helmets... very suitable considering how the lightsaber Kylo Ren has manages to look like a proper longsword.

Very, very interesting, Consider, "Knights of Ren". Knights. Using equipment that is similar to what European knights had.

Also an interesting contrast to the Jedi's and Empire's samurai influences.

EDIT Compare:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...0-1490_-_Higgins_Armory_Museum_-_DSC05461.JPG
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...llet_combination_of_Maximilian_I,_c._1495.jpg

In regards to those pre-TFA spoilers, I'm happy that
Mas Amedda and Naboo are sticking around and seem quite central. It helps bring the saga together to continue to include PT elements in the post-OT era.

Yeah, I really am happy about them
including PT characters, with characters like Mas Amedda and still using worlds like Naboo.

Woorloog

Banned
People are really loving Finn holding the lightsaber but totally ignoring what is front and center.

Eh? Rey's there, so what? With implication she is not a Force-user, something i am surprised about. Unless they're bring Force-adepts over...
I'm thinking its been pretty damn clear she will have a big part in the films.

The poster could be read symbolically though, with Rey standing between the light and the dark...

EDIT Speaking of symbolism... Han Solo's twilight?

Top Bottom