• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

So I read the spolers, The movie sounds awesome! I think I read some of these before, but wasn't sure they were the real deal.

I don't get how Rey would be sort of an orphan. Were Leia and Han terrible parents? Is she Leia's daughter?

High ground?

If Rey is their daughter she was probably thought dead or something.

I've been thinking that maybe this movie will redeem the fact that they didn't kill off Han in Jedi.

I wonder how Marquand would have handled it though. That movie had some really good moments, but also super weak ones. So many moments with Han looked so lazy and lame. Moments like when they're looking for Leia on Endor and get trapped. Always found that segment visually uninteresting and just a bit off. Then you have moments like the final duel that are legit great looking and work fantastic with the soundtrack. It's so weird lol.

If Rey is their daughter she was probably thought dead or something.

Yeah, maybe. I'd really prefer it if she was Luke's daughter though. Luke wasn't one of those stoic, emotionless Jedis (mostly). I'm sure he had sex.

Gambit

So I read the spolers, The movie sounds awesome! I think I read some of these before, but wasn't sure they were the real deal.

So did I. Now I hate myself, but at least I can rest assured that the film sounds awesome indeed.

Personally I am hoping for Rey to be the daughter of Han & Leia, have Kylo be her brother. It would mirror (and improve upon) the Jacen & Jaina dynamic. Someone else should be Luke's son. Maybe introduced/unveiled in VIII.

Looks-wise, I'd love for General Hux to be Luke's son. But that would be one hell of a reveal.

MattyG

Banned
What do you all think of the idea that Mads' character Galen in Rogue One (I guess he signed a poster with the name at a fan expo) might be some form of Galen Marek aka Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. I doubt it'd be the same character, but I can see them taking bits and pieces of it.

don't feel like tomorrow is trailer day :(
Yeah, it feels like they would've at least teased it by now.

Cheebo

Banned
I wonder if we are only going to get 1 full trailer after the two teasers. Typically a film like this gets at least 2 full trailers if not 3.

I wonder if we are only going to get 1 full trailer after the two teasers. Typically a film like this gets at least 2 full trailers if not 3.

I am starting to wonder if we are getting a full trailer at this point. If we are it's going to be just the one judging by the time frame.

Three teasers would be an interesting approach but I imagine they would at least want to get one out with some dialogue from the protagonists. Maybe give the audience a little more to chew on in regards to who these people are.

El Topo

There definitely was a date for the first trailer, and the second trailer was tied to celebration, so there was a date for that, too.

Oh right, there was a date for the first one, that's why I sat in office and checked once every hour. Right, now I remember. A Friday. The second one, right, tied to the celebration, so while no official release, everyone expected it. Right. I stand corrected. Thanks.

How amazing is it that they are filming Episode 8 before Episode 7 has even been released? Also, they are filming two Star Wars films at the moment. WOW.

CD'S BAR

i think making the mainline films so close together is going to work in it's favor ultimately for consistency, like with LOTR. Actors will be the right ages and there likely won't be many noticeable changes in quality of sfx. And, god willing, we'll get John Williams to score all 3.

antonz

So making star wars has some scans of cards from a card game that details Characters alignments. Matches up with what's been known and will certainly piss people off who are being led to believe a certain character will be a jedi based on some cheap marketing material

MattyG

Banned
So making star wars has some scans of cards from a card game that details Characters alignments. Matches up with what's been known and will certainly piss people off who are being led to believe a certain character will be a jedi based on some cheap marketing material
It's weird, those cards have the Sith symbol on Kylo's card, and it even says "Sith" on the symbol legend. So either JJ is lying or the card maker is wrong (probably the latter).

antonz

It's weird, those cards have the Sith symbol on Kylo's card, and it even says "Sith" on the symbol legend. So either JJ is lying or the card maker is wrong (probably the latter).

They probably do not want to go down the rabbit hole of dark jedi. Easier to just label any bad force user a Sith

They probably do not want to go down the rabbit hole of dark jedi. Easier to just label any bad force user a Sith

Yep that's just easier to conceptualize for the masses.

Especially when the 6 mainline films to this point have certainly beaten in (incorrectly in the larger galactic context) the idea that every person with a red lightsaber is Sith.

Seperately the Dark Side of the Force from the Sith is just too difficult for many.

Rootbeer

Banned
Think there is any truth to this report?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/curse-star-wars-strikes-again-6436184

Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill nearly died while filming a sequel to the Star Wars trilogies on a remote Irish island, it has been claimed.

Hamill, now 63, slipped during a dangerous climb in a treacherous spot on Skellig Michael, a rocky outcrop off the coast of County Kerry which has claimed the lives of two tourists in recent years.

An eyewitness said that the actor took a tumble on the precarious steps leading up to the ruins of the island’s early Christian monastery – but his life was saved by the quick actions of a guide from the Irish Office of Public Works, who caught him.

This claim is regarding last year's shooting at Skellig. Not this year's which is yet to begin.

yo so i work at a movie theatre, pretty fun job i say, anyways, me and another coworker got into discussion with one of the managers about how dope TFA is gonna be and general SW talk and what not, anyways he casually mentioned getting the word earlier in the week that tickets will be going on sale October 19th, so yo, just a heads up i guess

Gambit

I don't see the problem there. At the beginning of VII he clearly is not a Jedi and at the end of it he won't be either. But he might have the potential for it. As long as we see any potential in VII, he might still become a Jedi in VIII or IX.

No immediate rush, I see.

yo so i work at a movie theatre, pretty fun job i say, anyways, me and another coworker got into discussion with one of the managers about how dope TFA is gonna be and general SW talk and what not, anyways he casually mentioned getting the word earlier in the week that tickets will be going on sale October 19th, so yo, just a heads up i guess
Gonna buy me some IMAX tickets as soon as they go up.

So I put a response with a spoiler about Han dieing in Force Awakens to the new Creed trailer with a warning that it would be a spoiler for Force Awakens and dummies still read it.

Top Bottom