• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

image.php
image.php

Cheebo

Banned
It goes without question the IMAX release was 3D. I do not believe there has ever been a single 3D film that was released in 3D but 2D on IMAX ever to my knowledge?

Cheebo

Banned
Who is a worse dad: Luke or Anakin?

As far we know Luke doesn't have any kids. Rey being a Solo still makes her a Skywalker, her mama would be a Skywalker. I doubt we find out till Ep 8 regardless. Speaking of Episode 8...some new Episode 8 spoilers from Making Star Wars!

I love we are already in the Episode 8 spoiler game now.

Well before the events of The Force Awakens, Supreme Leader Snoke began corrupting the Republic senate set up after Return of the Jedi.

Senators in the Republic remember the opulence of the Imperial Senate before Emperor Palpatine stabbed them in the back and Snoke’s allure is rather seductive for the greedy politicians.

Treaties were signed stopping the Republic from attacking the First Order as long as they remained in the Outer Rim, well beyond the Republic territories.

General Organa started the secret Resistance as she felt the First Order would one day attack and she would need a force to thwart their advancements while the Republic gained its senses.

These corrupt and old Imperial Senators (now Republic senators) want the First Order to prevail so they can reinstate the Imperial Senate under which they once prospered.

After the events of The Force Awakens, the First Order is known to be a threat because of the use of the Starkiller and the treaty is effectively broken.

The Republic is ripped apart as Senators side with Snoke and others side with democracy.
The Galactic Civil War returns and the Galaxy can no longer pretend like it solved the crisis after Palpatine’s death.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/f...kens-to-episode-viii-the-state-of-the-senate/

He probably did, it's just his opinions on almost everything else are typically so fucked that I've learned to just glaze over Sean Connery's face whenever it pops up.

"Oh, HockeyBond thinks she's a Jedi. Okay." (post pops like a fartbubble in my addled, shrinking brain)

Tookay

As far we know Luke doesn't have any kids. Rey being a Solo still makes her a Skywalker, her mama would be a Skywalker. I doubt we find out till Ep 8 regardless. Speaking of Episode 8...some new Episode 8 spoilers from Making Star Wars!

I love we are already in the Episode 8 spoiler game now.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/f...kens-to-episode-viii-the-state-of-the-senate/

These sound like they're coming from the next wave of "Journey to TFA" books, just like the other rumors a couple months ago were basically summaries of Aftermath, Falling Stars, etc.

I'm not a huge fan of these spoilers to be honest. It's basically confirming that the state of the universe has been rebooted back to ANH and the same shit happened in a slight different way. Not to mention, the Republic senators wishing for the Empire to come back makes zero sense considering what Palpatine did to them in ANH.

I'm kinda skeptical about any rumors regarding Episode 8 for right now simply because I don't get the sense anyone really has a good idea/good look at what it is Johnson's got cooking at all.

But Making Star Wars has gotten enough cachet on this run of spoilers that it's probably only a matter of time before someone steals something and sends it to them for Episode 8, because that's just where you go now if you want information to get out.

Naaaaaaah.

Bullshit.

Theater managers have been told to clear space in two weekends, and they've been told to start selling tickets the following Monday.

Something's comin. I doubt it's just a poster.

I think "MSW is backing them up" is a bit of an overstatement. Jason tweeting "I've done some research" doesn't really say anything. Breznican hearing something carries some weight because everyone knows he knows people at Lucasfilm who are willing to tell him stuff (although they've had to correct him before, too). But Jason's independent "research" isn't anywhere near as reliable.

Especially considering Conrad's putting in legwork to talk to theater managers about the scheduled arrival of promotional materials.

Or hell, who knows. Maybe they're so confident in the film being such a juggernaut that they're audibling with two weeks to go and deciding to compress the last dash media blitz into an even smaller timeframe.

CD'S BAR

november, eh? is it because of the mystery box? i bet jj wouldn't even release the trailer if it were totally up to him.

They must be super confident in it considering we've only gotten 2 teasers.

I think waiting about a month before release might help generate a lot of buzz. We'll probably see it this month though (right?).

It's gonna be out before November.

No way it isn't.

In fact, I'm still betting it drops just when we all thought it was before Breznican tweeted his shrug, and Jason became a media researcher.

lmao @ the world premiere being like the night before it launches worldwide

at this point, the trailer will debut after the movie, which nobody will be allowed to see anyway because OMGSPOILERS

Cheebo

Banned
It's probably attached to that new Star Wars movie.
That makes me wonder. We got the first teaser to TFA a year before release. TFA is out a year before Rogue One. Should we be expecting a Rogue One teaser in December attached to TFA?

MattyG

Banned
That makes me wonder. We got the first teaser to TFA a year before release. TFA is out a year before Rogue One. Should we be expecting a Rogue One teaser in December attached to TFA?
Jesus, that would be amazing. I would say it's going to be at the tail end of the credits, but I can't see any stingers happening with a SW movie. Running that as the last trailer before the movie would be awesome though.

Top Bottom