• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

I'll give you this, better than the photoshop head crap that most posters have these days, but nothing like the original trilogy posters.

Posters.jpg

Honestly think i'd take all 3 over that Jedi one.
Its pretty damn iconic but its not actually all that great.

greatgeek

Banned
With the trailer ready and only two days away from being released, it's suprising to me that we haven't seen some sort of leak - be it a synopsis or an upload.

From such humble beginnings did our spoiler ride begin

It's been a fun ride. I need to make a decision if I'm going to leave the spoiler wagon for 8 and 9. I was fully on the spoiler wagon for the prequels and 7. I'm jealous of the people who are strong enough to stay off of it. There's some whom have even avoided the trailers.

I'm more than likely out for 8 & 9. 7 is more or less my last hurrah with this whole fandom game. I'll probably show up on a couple podcasts every now and again once the movie's out, but really, it'll be nice to just... watch a Star Wars movie for once, and not be innately involved in turning it into show/web fodder for various outlets.

Hell, none of this was ever supposed to happen again, period. So this is a nice surprise all the way around.

Going into Star Wars 8 & 9 without reading spoilers?

Dunno if I can do that. I always cave in at some point.

I'll probably read a spoiler or two here or there. But it'll be unique for me to not have to turn it into a big fat hairy THING, for once. Episode 8 will be the first Star Wars movie since Jedi where I don't do that.

Hell, I'm already kinda not doing it for Rogue One. I know stuff about that movie, but only stuff that's been made known via publicity efforts.

I'll probably read a spoiler or two here or there. But it'll be unique for me to not have to turn it into a big fat hairy THING, for once. Episode 8 will be the first Star Wars movie since Jedi where I don't do that.

Hell, I'm already kinda not doing it for Rogue One. I know stuff about that movie, but only stuff that's been made known via publicity efforts.
I'll probably read a few minor spoilers, see a major one is out there and then avoid it... for an hour.

Rogue One is a film I don't really feel the need to follow all that much. I've seen a few set pictures, the officially unveiled stuff and read the synopsis. That's all I need.

he says that now

10 minutes until new poster, if word on the street is real

Was just about to ask about that. And Happy belated Birthday, JC.

Anyway, no, I won't be on Full of Sith as a regular after Christmas, basically. I'll probably pop up every now and again if they need me for something, but I'm more or less gone.

I mean, unless people start specifically sending me shit that turns me into Episode 8's Making Star Wars (which likely isn't happening).

Cheebo

Banned
Just seems like such an odd time to leave "fandom" as it were. I mean you are already in the deep end on TFA. I would at least keep it up through all of Phase 1 of these films at least.

I suspect the end of phase 1 will be a jumping off point of hardcore obsessive fandom for many of the older fans. And I suspect it will be the end of Karhy Kennedy era seeing how she is already in her mi-60s and that is about 5 years away.

Just seems like such an odd time to leave "fandom" as it were. I mean you are already in the deep end on TFA. I would at least keep it up through all of Phase 1 of these films at least.

I was in the deep end for about 7 straight years back in the Wild West Days, and got pulled back in for the last 2. That's 9 years of very intensely hunting down Star Wars news and having to interact with the fandom on a pretty granular level (which honestly, was some of the most fun and some of the most aggravating, awful shit I've dealt with on the internet). The Force Awakens is, like I essentially argued in the "Last Gasp" podcast, more like the beginning of an entire new run, bringing in an entirely new fandom that will slowly tuck our old asses into bed and go about being its own thing. I'm fine with running alongside it until it opens, and then fading back.

Besides which, I'm essentially all done with podcasting as it is anyway. I did that for 10 years too, and have been over the course of the last year kinda wrapping up all my obligations there, too. My own two shows are gone, the shows I helped produce are either gone or handed off to new producers.

I just kinda like the idea of being the old fart hanging out on the front porch and bullshitting with you guys as this shit goes flying by, and not having to turn it into content for someone or other.

I'm teasing people in the other threads about the lack of Luke. People are really starting to panic about Luke. This is one of the reasons they should have been on the spoiler bandwagon. They are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Yeah it's interesting to see the "non-spoiled" start to come to grips with

A) The fact that there is another big base involved (everyone in that thread is calling it Death Star 3)

B) The lack of Luke

Cheebo

Banned
I'm teasing people in the other threads about the lack of Luke. People are really starting to panic about Luke. This is one of the reasons they should have been on the spoiler bandwagon. They are in for an unpleasant surprise.
I am so glad I found out in advance on this. The salt about lack of Luke is going to be so entertaining.

MattyG

Banned
I'm honestly a bit worried about the whole Starkiller Base thing. Not because I have an issue with it, I think it's cool that its actually in a planet instead of being wholly manmade, but I just know people are going to bitch about it being "just the Death Star all over again".

El Topo

I'm honestly a bit worried about the whole Starkiller Base thing. I think it's cool that its actually in a planet instead of being wholly manmade, but I just know people are going to bitch about it being "just the Death Star all over again".

It's not like the Death Star. At all. This one destroys star systems. Totally different.

MattyG

Banned
It's not like the Death Star. At all. This one destroys star systems. Totally different.
Well yeah, it's function is different in terms of scale, but you just know people are going to complain about it "just being a bigger Death Star" or something. I think it's cool though.

The question is, will it ever get used?

Pappasman

Definitely looks like a Star Wars movie poster.

People on my twitter feed are losing it over the "death star" in the top right haha.

BFIB

Love the poster. And I have a feeling Starkiller Base is going to be vastly different than the Death Star.

In Abrams I trust!

I'm curious if they are going to show Rey with a light saber in the trailer. Feels like they are saving that as a surprise moment for when she actually does use it at the end.

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 30m30 minutes ago
Coming tomorrow….
@StarWars.
Monday Night Football.
Be there at halftime for something special. #TheForceAwakens

andthereitis.gif

I'm curious if they are going to show Rey with a light saber in the trailer. Feels like they are saving that as a surprise moment for when she actually does use it at the end.

The way they're building up Finn there is no way we see her with a saber in official stuff before the film.

Tookay

I can already foresee the coming backlash stemming from Luke's screentime and the superweapon "rehash" (even though it's going to play out differently).

But there are also a fair amount of people whom I suspect aren't going to like the fact that Rey is the one who probably ends up the sole Jedi lead over Finn, especially after all this hinting.

El Topo

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 30m30 minutes ago
Coming tomorrow….
@StarWars.
Monday Night Football.
Be there at halftime for something special. #TheForceAwakens

andthereitis.gif

Very unfortunate if they're debuting the trailer in the US at a time when us Europeans are already asleep. :(

Top Bottom