• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Toxi

Banned
I was in the deep end for about 7 straight years back in the Wild West Days, and got pulled back in for the last 2. That's 9 years of very intensely hunting down Star Wars news and having to interact with the fandom on a pretty granular level (which honestly, was some of the most fun and some of the most aggravating, awful shit I've dealt with on the internet). The Force Awakens is, like I essentially argued in the "Last Gasp" podcast, more like the beginning of an entire new run, bringing in an entirely new fandom that will slowly tuck our old asses into bed and go about being its own thing. I'm fine with running alongside it until it opens, and then fading back.

Besides which, I'm essentially all done with podcasting as it is anyway. I did that for 10 years too, and have been over the course of the last year kinda wrapping up all my obligations there, too. My own two shows are gone, the shows I helped produce are either gone or handed off to new producers.

I just kinda like the idea of being the old fart hanging out on the front porch and bullshitting with you guys as this shit goes flying by, and not having to turn it into content for someone or other.
I'll miss your commentary for Full of Sith; you provided a very unique perspective on the podcast, especially your "Late to the Party" entries for The Clone Wars. Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

This trailer will be EVERYWHERE.
h3SixLo.gif

I'd like to know what piece of information made them think we would get a new logo.

Probably just the way their information on the poster was worded. They're not the greatest at speculation. They'll sometimes jump to a conclusion that doesn't make much sense. Usually when people smack em for "getting something wrong" it's not that they actually got anything wrong - it's that people are confusing their speculation for actual news. Their news has been almost entirely 100% spot-on. Their speculation is about 50/50.

Tookay

Probably just the way their information on the poster was worded. They're not the greatest at speculation. They'll sometimes jump to a conclusion that doesn't make much sense. Usually when people smack em for "getting something wrong" it's not that they actually got anything wrong - it's that people are confusing their speculation for actual news. Their news has been almost entirely 100% spot-on. Their speculation is about 50/50.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. They seem like cool dudes and their sourced information has been pretty on-point, but sometimes they jump to weird or illogical conclusions from that information.

Like, seriously, a new logo didn't make much sense. I know this film has had an atypical marketing strategy, but rebranding the thing seemed impossible two months out.

Remember all those "Finn is a useless incompetent" conclusions he kept drawing

nigga needs to stick to the facts

Yeah, they pushed that angle pretty hard. Always thought that was weird. Hell, aside from when he puts the final shot in the Death Star, Luke doesn't do much of much for the entirety of Star Wars, either. You could certainly look at the plot points and deduce he's kind of a chump.

But he isn't.

Yeah, but now the problem is going to be "but I thought he was going to be a Jedi and he wasn't!"

I dunno, I still think it's possible he'll have some force sensitivity. The shit IS awakening, after all.

Luke sucked with a Lightsaber at first too. Kept getting shot in the ass.

I'm kinda hyped for the trailer, but more hyped to finally have tickets purchased. All that's left is to just not injure myself or die after tomorrow.

Tookay

I think there's a possibility Finn could be Force sensitive, but it won't really be addressed definitively until the next film.

Jarmel

Banned
I think there's a possibility Finn could be Force sensitive, but it won't really be addressed definitively until the next film.

It should be fairly obvious if he does well with the lightsaber. If he's blocking bolts then he's already doing better than Luke in ANH.

Tookay

It should be fairly obvious if he does well with the lightsaber. If he's blocking bolts then he's already doing better than Luke in ANH.

Well there is that rumor floating around that FO stormtroopers are trained with (light)sabers and shields, which suggest that any skill Finn has would be independent of whether or not he is Force sensitive.

Plus, dude ends up seemingly injured by Kylo in the final battle, so there might be room for doubt about his skills.

But fair point.

Gravidee

It looks to me like the planet itself is the super weapon. You can see how the atmosphere kind of hovers around the giant "trench" area.

Ogimachi

Is there somewhere with all the current rumors/spoilers written out?
There is a synopsis on MSW (edit: linked right above) from a few months ago, but there are bits and pieces that have been revealed/leaked every couple of weeks since then, like Poe being leader of Black Squadron, Rey's staff not being anything special, etc.

If the rumor about
han solo
is true this movie might get a low review from me. That's my favorite character.

You know how much media I have consumed where my favorite character died? Giving something a low review because someone you liked died is just childish. Especially when it seems to make sense story wise.

ryan299

I don't mind
Han dying. I mind that Luke is only in one scene and the three aren't seen together
If those rumors are true I see JJ getting hate for years over it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't mind
Han dying. I mind that Luke is only in one scene and the three aren't seen together

It seems to be they've decided to take a bunch of stuff from the Expanded Universe and twist it a bit.

I don't mind

Actually that's what one of the things that sounds best about it. Sounds like a good decision. As is focusing on the new characters.

Luke being in one scene would make his appearance more significant and special.

Ogimachi

Han should've died in ROTJ, but since he's still around, not putting the three together at least for one scene will just piss people off.

Han should've died in ROTJ, but since he's still around, not putting the three together at least for one scene will just piss people off.

Shit happens. Them not being together can make total sense.

I imagine people complaining about something as trivial are babies with poor taste anyways.They will complain if they put them together too because of pandering. What matters is if the movie is good and how that stuff is handled.

I just realized the story credits. Arndt's name is there. Which means a lot of his ideas are in the film. Wasn't his script based on Lucas's outlines?

Pappasman

Let them be pissed. I feel like that would be exactly the type of nostalgia pandering that people are complaining about in the other thread.

Top Bottom