• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

FeD.nL

MSW's finally got some Rogue One rumors up:

Sounds good to me.

Damn that sounds great. Hope it's true. I wonder when we're getting a trailer. Attached to BvS? The trailer for that film was attached to Star Wars here in the Netherlands.

So deducing how to take inspiration from these movies...

Luke and Rey spend a lot of screen time (maybe all theirs?) at the Jedi Temple searching for Force Artifacts. Possibly Kylo Ren and Snoke will also arrive and they will battle there?

The B-story could be about the Restistance pilots and soldiers doing raids on the last pieces of The First Order left, alternatively trying to seek out where Snoke is hiding?

Tying these to togehter could mean both stories collide (as in ESB) at one place, either at Snokes base or at the Jedi Temple.

I hope we're getting more fighter combat in the second film. And I really think the First Order army in TFA are but the young(er) recruits and that there is still a considerable force of veterans in the rest of the army. I mean we've only seen one star destroyer this film.

This movie logo better no get smacked on the big-screen being called Rogue One : A Star Wars story ...

I prefer Star Wars : Rogue One

You might prefer it but they don't want to confuse the spin-offs with the main saga films. No episode titles means they need to differentiate between them.

sphagnum

Banned
Sounds great. But why do they need the plans, when they have the designer on their side? Could be reading it wrong.

Perhaps they need to rescue him?

geonosian death star project.... -___-

pls no

Hm? The Geonosians being the ones to build the Death Star has been canon for a while now, and they were the ones to design it as seen in AotC. They were enslaved by the Empire to build it and then genocided after.

munchie64

That sounds cool. Maybe the Atomic bomb similarities got Edwards on board, but that could be stretching :p
Sounds great. But why do they need the plans, when they have the designer on their side? Could be reading it wrong.
Well I do have a feeling no one's gonna survive by the end of this, so the plans may be the only thing the Rebels can use.

That sounds cool. Maybe the Atomic bomb similarities got Edwards on board, but that could be stretching :p

Well I do have a feeling no one's gonna survive by the end of this, so the plans may be the only thing the Rebels can use.

I'd be surprised if Jones' character doesn't survive. The rest are probably bantha fodder though.

FeD.nL

I was just thinking about the Rogue One trailer. Is it possible that Disney will attach it to TFA in the States to secure the billion domestic this month or the next?

Like an exclusive first look in the theatre at the trailer for 1/2 weeks before letting it hit the net?

shingi70

Banned
I was just thinking about the Rogue One trailer. Is it possible that Disney will attach it to TFA in the States to secure the billion domestic this month or the next?

Like an exclusive first look in the theatre at the trailer for 1/2 weeks before letting it hit the net?

Probably not, its probably going to be attached to Cap in may.

FeD.nL

Probably not, its probably going to be attached to Cap in may.

Makes the most sense I guess.

Something else though, look at this beauty:

i15BjKj.jpg

ZVxppzE.jpg

FwtBODU.jpg

link

T-65 > T-70

Makes the most sense I guess.

Something else though, look at this beauty:

link

T-65 > T-70

It's sitting outdoors. What's with all the trash around it?

EDIT: Of course studio, so those trees I'm seeing could be painted set. Anyway, that one box looks like it's covered in an inch of dust. And that does not look like hollywood dust lol. Also you can see where water has been running down the side of the ship like it has been rained on a lot.

This model appears to have been built for a looong time.

FeD.nL

It's sitting outdoors. What's with all the trash around it?

EDIT: Of course studio, so those trees I'm seeing could be painted set. Anyway, that one box looks like it's covered in an inch of dust. And that does not look like hollywood dust lol. Also you can see where water has been running down the side of the ship like it has been rained on a lot.

This model appears to have been built for a looong time.

MSW had a leak from the set a few days ago describing a crashed black and white X-wing. TMZ doesn't really seem like the site that would go to lengths to prove the MSW leak so I think it is legit.

A bit more on Vader's role in Rogue One from Making Star Wars.

We have it on good authority that the Darth Vader costume as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope has been meticulously recreated to match A New Hope perfectly. By all accounts the costume is so close to the original everyone is very happy and very impressed with the work done by Brian Muir and his team.

The coolest part is we’ve learned that James Earl Jones, the voice, the heart and soul of Darth Vader will return to speak Darth Vader’s lines in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The Darth Vader we all know from the original Star Wars film is effectively back in look, voice, and spirit. There is still no word on if he has already recorded his lines or will in the post-production phase.

At this time we believe Darth Vader is being played by a new person that has never played him before (more on that in the future). We still don’t know the precise parameters of the role Darth Vader will play in Rogue One. Most of the rumors have him as a prominent player in a few scenes and something to fear for the heroes.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25215/

sphagnum

Banned
I wonder if that means he'll be all scuffed up when he appears. I was kind of hoping the events of RO would be what gives him some of those scratches and smudges.

Meh. Seems like its again time to go out of this thread.

Bit early for me yet. When the story spoilers start to come out I'll bail. Vader's going to feature prominently in the marketing anyway. With JEJ coming back to voice him in Rebels, it always seemed likely he'd do the same for Rogue One.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Bit early for me yet. When the story spoilers start to come out I'll bail. Vader's going to feature prominently in the marketing anyway. With JEJ coming back to voice him in Rebels, it always seemed likely he'd do the same for Rogue One.

I am so fucking happy that Vader seemingly really appers. Now they have to make a Leia cameo (from behind, we dont see her face!) and end the movie with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i72mw8qX-M

Kuros

Speaking of attention to detail. I wonder if they'll go with his robes on the outside ala ANH as well.

Mind you he didn't have them on the outside in ROTS either so maybe he was just having off days during ANH.

anhvader_final_5.JPG

vs

Darth_Vader.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you think the Vader news is thread worthy?

Speaking of attention to detail. I wonder if they'll go with his robes on the outside ala ANH as well.

Mind you he didn't have them on the outside in ROTS either so maybe he was just having off days during ANH.

anhvader_final_5.JPG

vs

Darth_Vader.jpg

Uh! Never noticed this.

If it's any indication, he wears them on the outside in Rebels.

In the Darth Vader Comics that are set a couple of days after ANH, too.

sphagnum

Banned
Curious of how much he's actually in the film.

I imagine he will feature big time in the advertising campaign.

Probably no more than 10 minutes. He'll probably show up at the very end and wreck the extraction crew but they manage to get the plans transmitted to the Tantive IV.

I hope the "data tapes" are, like, literal tapes. Make them look like these ridiculous big blocky things.

Rootbeer

Banned
is Star Wars Episode VIII production being pushed back? New rumors about it...

I know I'm not the only one who thought Disney's plan to release VIII only 6 months after Rogue One felt optimistic, even though I strongly wanted it to happen.

Maybe it still will, but new information is casting doubts... they are talking about production being pushed, not release. But they go hand in hand.

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...february-new-asian-actress-in-contention.html

Last week we mentioned Bel Powely and Gina Rodrigues. Now I heard Gina didn’t get it. Now I am told Episode VIII has been pushed about a month. Rian Johnson is going to do another rewrite, and I heard an Asian actress got the role Bel and Gina were up for. But I don’t know if the Bel Powely thing will work out.

I said before there were two young female roles, now I actually heard that the rewrite will make these roles smaller. They want to get to know better the characters they already have. So the new rewrite is shrinking the new roles in order to spend more time with Rey, Poe and so on.

watershed

Banned
Have casting rumors been reliable at all? I seem to recall a lot of casting rumors being way, way off base for Ep 7. I don't put a lot of stock in these pre-shooting rumors. Once the cameras are rolling and we have call sheets and locations and extras, that's a different question. But right now I feel like we are still in the "everyone is Obiwan's granddaughter" phase of casting rumors.

Sounds like Donnie Yen's role in Rogue One is pretty substantial.

Doing a Star Wars movie wasn’t as hard a sell. Yen recalls watching the original 1977 movie in Boston’s Chinatown, where he lived as a teenager.

Yen already is ensconced in the Star Wars cone of secrecy. All he’ll spill is that his character “is definitely an important guy,” he had fun doing it and “I will get some action.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/01/18/donnie-yen-ip-man-crouching-tiger-star-wars/78860818/

They are looking for extras in Iceland for 16 days in April. Gotta be over 180 cm (5.9 feet) and in good shape.
No more "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper"?

But that made me think, isn't John Boyega about average height? The only direct comparison with another stormtrooper were the scenes with Phasma, iirc. And Gwendoline Christie is towering quite a few men ... so ... is Finn actually a little short for a stormtrooper? :)

E: If Google is to be trusted, John Boyega is the same height as Mark Hamill ... so he is a little short for a stormtrooper! ^^

FeD.nL

I thought it was just a rumour (Kennedy not willing to spoil anything) that Harrison Ford would return for EP VIII but it seems like he really is. His name is on the casting page for extras:

Which also seems to confirm that Gugu Mbatha-Raw who I knew was in talks but I didn't know was confirmed yet.

source

Top Bottom