• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Moff

my guess is episode 8 will have several flashbacks.
for rey alone, because everyone knows something is up there
luke und han may get some as well, they are probably connected to rey anyway

I thought it was just a rumour (Kennedy not willing to spoil anything) that Harrison Ford would return for EP VIII but it seems like he really is. His name is on the casting page for extras:

Which also seems to confirm that Gugu Mbatha-Raw who I knew was in talks but I didn't know was confirmed yet.

source
No adam driver? Is this a legit site?

Kuros

my guess is episode 8 will have several flashbacks.
for rey alone, because everyone knows something is up there
luke und han may get some as well, they are probably connected to rey anyway

It's interesting if he does appear as everyone assumes it was Ford who ordered Solo's death as a condition of returning. Even if it's just a 5 second flashback.

Cheebo

Banned
I thought it was just a rumour (Kennedy not willing to spoil anything) that Harrison Ford would return for EP VIII but it seems like he really is. His name is on the casting page for extras:

Which also seems to confirm that Gugu Mbatha-Raw who I knew was in talks but I didn't know was confirmed yet.

source
Already been confirmed that this is not official from Lucasfilm/Disney. It's made up.

More details on Vader fun times in Rogue One.

Darth Vader will have action sequences in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The action sequences filmed are unknown, but there was work pitching the different ways Darth Vader could kill rebels on a battlefield with the Force and his lightsaber. The storyboard “pitches” showing decapitated rebels, people being dismembered by Vader throwing his sword, levitating bodies to make human shields and so on. The art was more violent than what we’ve seen Darth Vader do on screen before.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/a-classic-villain-will-have-some-action-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

tumblr_nfkm1cdFq11qlpaifo2_500.gif

It's happening guys

That sounds terrifying, and probably not possible to do with the PG-13 rating.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go with Vader.. as long as he isn't running around and fighting like a force using super saiyan with a lightsaber.

Good. I want to see him fuck people up. Especially after listening to the RLM Vader EU stuff. I can't believe the fanbase let that shit happen. And bless Disney for shitcanning that stuff.

Repmed vitapaste. yeesh.

I'm totally fine with Vader being cruel, violent and ruthless in an actual fight against non-force-people. I just hope that this doesn't mean that he's jumping around like Yoda in the prequels.

The end part of the Battlefron Gamescom trailer from last year shows a good way of how it could be done. 2 Rebels in Hoth base try to escape and get ambushed by Vader, who slowly walks towards them, blocking shots with his sword, force choke one and OHKO strike the other one with the lightsaber. That was great.

Interfectum

I'm totally fine with Vader being cruel, violent and ruthless in an actual fight against non-force-people. I just hope that this doesn't mean that he's jumping around like Yoda in the prequels.

I highly doubt they make him jump around. He's like a tank, not a ninja. If they do that to him then they shouldn't be making SW films.

Waldini

That sounds terrifying, and probably not possible to do with the PG-13 rating.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go with Vader.. as long as he isn't running around and fighting like a force using super saiyan with a lightsaber.

This. Don't have him go EP3 Palpatine on us, please. Just... let Vader be Vader. Show how powerful he REALLY is. Show how menacing he CAN be.

They can do all that stuff and still maintain a PG-13 rating though. Episode 3 had alot of decapitations (Dooku lost his head and hands) ,,, impalement and still managed to be a PG-13. Hell, they even showed Anakin being burned to a crisp. That stuff went pretty far.. you could see the molten skin drop on the floor.

Still ... do we have any ACTUAL confirmation that Vader is in Rogue One? I mean ... I would be pretty disappointed if, despite all the rumors and so called "facts", Vader doesn't turn up in Rogue One.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Oh, and now some Ep IX news too.
Colin Trevorrow prefers to watch period pictures that are shot on film instead of on a digital camera, the director behind “Jurassic World” said during a press conference at the Sundance Film Festival on Thursday.

“There’s something in my brain that says, ‘well they didn’t have video cameras then,'” said Trevorrow.

A belief that digital cameras are anachronistic will impact his choices on his next project. When Trevorrow slides behind the camera on “Star Wars: Episode IX,” he plans to use film stock.

Trevorrow’s comments came during a panel discussion on the merits of film at a time when many theaters are switching over to digital projectors and studios are pushing directors to abandon shooting on film, arguing that the process is cumbersome and expensive.
http://variety.com/2016/film/market...star-wars-episode-ix-film-digital-1201691284/

Personally, I've always been up for either methods so long as they are utilized to their best potential possible.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is Slave I in Rogue One? When LEGO announced the time frame of some upcoming sets yesterday, they used these images:

NpMNyDj.jpg

Yes it could well be a placeholder... but it's worth thinking about.

Rootbeer

Banned
^ Hah!

I love Rian's sense of humor. That is why the entire build-up to VIII is going to be a total blast.

Love JJ but he's very dry.

That's gold.

I'm so excited to see how they promote the next flick. It was easy to pull on the nostalgia of the OT to sell it but ep 8 doesn't really have that. Now it's just the build up of Luke and the continuation of TFA. Can't wait.

Rootbeer

Banned
K5U5Aj0.png

News is so slow atm, can't wait for shooting the begin.

The quiet before the storm!

Everything is pulling back to make room for the upcoming marvel and dc stuff hitting all through the spring and summer. Star Wars will heat up again, can't wait for it actually.

FeD.nL

Episode VIII filming has officially begun, according to Bob Iger. There's a bit about Rogue One as well, mainly in that it's "virtually" done filming and that the execs really like it.

marketable Vader is marketable

Great! Let the leaked set photo's, unattended notebooks and cut off hands floating in space come to us soon.

“This is the first of a set of planned stand-alone stories and we’re already in preproduction on our next one, for release in May of 2018.”

Oh it is indeed a surprise that they're keeping the Solo flick in May.

Rootbeer

Banned
Soooo I really don't know why there is a new production thread, but at least that thread is getting some good activity. Not sentenced to Community obscurity (yet.)

Small but interesting detail, Star Wars has themed packaging across its licensed products that refreshes every so often. Right now it's the commonly seen Red and Black featuring Kylo Ren. Just before that it was Orange/Grey with a Stormtrooper that was branded by Sabine's graffiti.

Reportedly the next refresh with be Rogue One themed (obviously) and will feature that black stormtrooper we've seen in these recent prop leaks. They were talking about it on the latest Now This Is Podcasting!

donnie-yen.jpg

Top Bottom