• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Soooo I really don't know why there is a new production thread, but at least that thread is getting some good activity. Not sentenced to Community obscurity (yet.)

I think it's mainly because this thread might involve discussing spoilers/leaks from VIII and Rogue One and people can be
too
sensitive to spoilers.

Rootbeer

Banned
It makes no sense that someone interested in rogue one production spoilers has no interest in VIII production spoilers (or the other way around.) Do those people honestly exist?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It makes no sense that someone interested in rogue one production spoilers has no interest in VIII production spoilers. Do those people honestly exist?
I am far more ok with megaton leaks for Rogue One then for VIII. I mean, I know how Rogue One is going to end.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And yet here you are in this thread :p

Bombs could drop at any time, you know!
Yeah, but I dont expext a Han dies in this early. When I notice that MakingStarWars starts to tell something about VIII, I am out. Even while I really like the discussions in this threads.

Surfinn

Soooo I really don't know why there is a new production thread, but at least that thread is getting some good activity. Not sentenced to Community obscurity (yet.)

Small but interesting detail, Star Wars has themed packaging across its licensed products that refreshes every so often. Right now it's the commonly seen Red and Black featuring Kylo Ren. Just before that it was Orange/Grey with a Stormtrooper that was branded by Sabine's graffiti.

Reportedly the next refresh with be Rogue One themed (obviously) and will feature that black stormtrooper we've seen in these recent prop leaks. They were talking about it on the latest Now This Is Podcasting!

donnie-yen.jpg

Wow, are the left and right masks new? Maybe I'm just having a bad day but I don't recognize them.

Small but interesting detail, Star Wars has themed packaging across its licensed products that refreshes every so often. Right now it's the commonly seen Red and Black featuring Kylo Ren. Just before that it was Orange/Grey with a Stormtrooper that was branded by Sabine's graffiti.

Reportedly the next refresh with be Rogue One themed (obviously) and will feature that black stormtrooper we've seen in these recent prop leaks. They were talking about it on the latest Now This Is Podcasting!

donnie-yen.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the black stormtrooper will be a placeholder until they unveil Vader in Rogue One.

Lmo911

So it's less Planet Ireland and more Planet Europe? It also fits with those shots of the guys in blue that were posted in the VIII Production thread. They're definitely pushing the Knights parts of Jedi this time around.

Not that I'm complaining, it's a big universe and seeing different cultures is cool. Outside of Jar Jar, I really liked Naboo's look in the Prequels.

Now pass out some more helmets like this and I'm good.

I'm actually excited by the stuff that DOESN'T look immediately Star Wars. I think they dried humped Ralph McQuire's art for all its worth at this point.

The place looks rather old fashioned to be on Corellia. Maybe it's meant to be an older location amidst the rest of the world's bustling cities?

People are thinking it's Corellia because of the CBPD helmets that those law enforcers (?) are wearing and it does look like it could be a funeral.

I've also seen a few rumours that Luke will meet Lando there but there's nothing concrete on that yet.

NYR94

Wow, looks pretty different for a Star Wars film as far as those costumes go. This is exciting from a visual standpoint.

Top Bottom