• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Kard8p3

An Obi-Wan spinoff should involve something like him protecting farmers against crime lords. A smaller scale story but one with great implications for him (allowing him to have some catharsis from not being able to save Anakin).

I think he actually did something similar to this in the EU(mostly because Luke was one of those farmers).

I just love Star Wars. My father loves these movies. My son loves them. We're going to use this as my son's first midnight movie. Can't wait.

Yeah same here, I love all six movies, The Clone Wars tv show, books, comics, etc. I love all of them. If I ever have kids, The Star Wars Saga would be the first movies I would show them. I hope your son enjoys his first midnight show :)

My favorite characters from the movies is Obi Wan Kenobi, and from the now not canon expanded universe is Tahiri Veila.

What if the girl is a female clone of Luke made by Sith/Imperial remnants to hunt him down and kill him but then she can't because she falls in with the Solos on their own search for Luke and grows like and respect them and so when the time comes 2/3 of the way through the movie to kill him she can't and instead joins them in their own quest to learn of the forces arraying against them?

I like my idea better.

I think this sounds pretty great myself ^^

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It's now canonically named Moraband. Still wondering how this'll effect the EU stuff.

wut? why? Now all I can think of is a planet based on them
_1495135_wise300.jpg

which would be awesome btw

adj_noun

What if the girl is a female clone of Luke made by Sith/Imperial remnants to hunt him down and kill him but then she can't because she falls in with the Solos on their own search for Luke and grows like and respect them and so when the time comes 2/3 of the way through the movie to kill him she can't and instead joins them in their own quest to learn of the forces arraying against them?

I like my idea better.

And we'll call her Flippsy Doobop!

if we're getting spin offs, id love for a film to go back to the prequel trilogy timeline and follow bounty hunters, the hutts, and the pod racing circuit. would be a very cool star wars film and could shed more light into the world of gambling, bounty hunting and pod racing that definitely be fun

btw those x-wing shots from latino review are NICE!

shira

if we're getting spin offs, id love for a film to go back to the prequel trilogy timeline and follow bounty hunters, the hutts, and the pod racing circuit. would be a very cool star wars film and could shed more light into the world of gambling, bounty hunting and pod racing that definitely be fun

btw those x-wing shots from latino review are NICE!

What about the spice mining?
dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

What about the spice mining?
dune_cat_spice_must_flow-475x267.jpg

lol that pic is cute.

i think space mining could be more of a story arch thatd show up in the tv shows. pod racing was really something that was tied to the crime underworld and we never got much context to the extent of it in Star Wars aside from episode I and the Pod Racer video game. but we do know it was managed by the hutts spanning across different worlds and that likely the bounty hunting trade was involved when debts needed to be collected. it would be great opportunity to make a film around the Cad Bane character or a totally new bounty hunter.

Because George likes Moraband better.

I think the real reason is that it sounded too similar to Coruscant so they changed it do something different. Makes me think it will have some relevance in the future besides those Clone Wars episodes (I think the first time the name was changed).

sphagnum

Banned
I think the real reason is that it sounded too similar to Coruscant so they changed it do something different. Makes me think it will have some relevance in the future besides those Clone Wars episodes (I think the first time the name was changed).

Moraband is speculated to be one of the planets in Episode VII

Yes. They recorded the episode using "Korriban" and Lucas felt the pronunciation between it and "Coruscant" were too similar, he wanted something a bit more distinct.

Blader

New set photos seem to indicate that Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie's characters
are rebels, not Imperials/Sith

One side wants Jedis the other side wants to get rid of them?

No, that the Rebellion/The Empire have sorta... switched sides. That 30 years of cold war have done something to the sense of idealism the rebels used to have, and that it's caused some imperials to reconsider their stance and methodology.

Think about it this way: The hippies of the 60s became the Republicans of the 80s that the children of the hippies ended up rebelling against in the 90s.

No, that the Rebellion/The Empire have sorta... switched sides. That 30 years of cold war have done something to the sense of idealism the rebels used to have, and that it's caused some imperials to reconsider their stance and methodology.

Think about it this way: The hippies of the 60s became the Republicans of the 80s that the children of the hippies ended up rebelling against in the 90s.

That might be cool.

sphagnum

Banned
I do hope that in the 30 year interim Luke left the Rebel Alliance, because while it made sense for him to join it initially, if he is going to be trying to build a new path for the Jedi, it's only thematically consistent if he tries to keep it away from governments. The old Jedi Order was too worldly and entrenched in politics. They were galactic cops, not zen masters trying to find enlightenment. Luke is in the perfect position to abandon the old way and try to carve out a new path based on true compassion and following the living Force, which he came to understand in RotJ over Yoda and Obi-Wan's objections. Luke needs to be more like a Jesus or a bodhisattva or a space wizard Marxist or something and less of a "Jedi".

The lesson in Star Wars tends to be "follow your instinct, the authority figures are always wrong". If the new Jedi are simply in alliance with another liberal government again it will be all wrong.

Guy.brush

I really, really hope they are not doing Adam Driver, son of Han solo and Princess Leia, tempted by the Dark Side.
His mother is basically the New Republic/light side incarnate and his father is a smooth mofo with a good heart.
How would that even happen? He sees his dad being killed in front of him and goes on a revenge tour?

I really, really hope they are not doing Adam Driver, son of Han solo and Princess Leia, tempted by the Dark Side.
His mother is basically the New Republic/light side incarnate and his father is a smooth mofo with a good heart.
How would that even happen? He sees his dad being killed in front of him and goes on a revenge tour?

Two words: Grandfather genes.

Liamario

Banned

From what orifice are you pulling this story from? I've heard loads of plot lines, all different from each other. What makes you think this one (which I haven't heard of) carries any more weight over the others?!

Sephzilla

His grandfather is also Darth Vader
and his great-grandfather might be The Emperor if you go on fan-theories

komplanen

Just watched all the Plinkett reviews of the new trilogy for the third or fourth time and I'm hyped for some new movies. If they suck, I'll get new reviews and if they are amazing then there's that.

Top Bottom