• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Liamario

Banned
His grandfather is also Darth Vader
and his great-grandfather might be The Emperor if you go on fan-theories

Your diplomatic response was probably better measured than mine. I wish people would think before they post and not type some random text they read as fact.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Adam Driver
Adam.jpg
on set in costume.

I hope his story isn't some Anakin re-do!

boo. I was hoping he'd play a villain

sphagnum

Banned
boo. I was hoping he'd play a villain

Literally every rumor and announcement in magazines prior to this have said he was playing a villain, so if that still holds and if this is actually Driver in the picture, we have three options:

1. He starts off good, turns evil
2. He's in disguise in this scene
3. Rumors about the rebels and imperials being influenced by each other during the 30 year interim have some truth

Akahige

Literally every rumor and announcement in magazines prior to this have said he was playing a villain, so if that still holds and if this is actually Driver in the picture, we have three options:

1. He starts off good, turns evil
2. He's in disguise in this scene
3. Rumors about the rebels and imperials being influenced by each other during the 30 year interim have some truth
4. Fake info has been feed to the media

JonnyBrad

That taken from the same place as the x wing and falcon pic? Surprised JJ doesn't have them walking around in bath robes after the leak.

There's not a lot they can do when they're ready to start filming though. Greenham Common is very exposed so this was always going to happen.

Tookay

If he's a rebel and the rebels are still "good guys" then you have to laugh at how much the supposed leaks got wrong.

I don't know what to think.

Who else thinks the Adam Driver character will be a total re-do of the anakin story?

I can see him being a Solo child and starting go down the wrong path but he isn't going to be the main character. My money is still on the girl because she's the one we hear less about from the three new leads.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm telling you, this is just one Star Wars director fucking with another (future) Star Wars director.
I've been holding that same opinion throughout this as well. I don't think they are trying to be subtle about it, either.

It's awesome and speaks to the (mostly) shared fanbases of both properties unlike anything else I've seen two directors do publicly.

I'm going to go with Snyder is going to reduce his role to producer after (maybe even after BvS) JL movie with Ben taking over directing. Snyder is going to tackle the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan film.

I want Ewan back as Obi-Wan so bad.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yep, Ewan as Ben in competent hands will be huge. Anyone think that might already be one of the two side movies being worked on?

Raptor

Snyder directing a Starwars movie means the most beautifull scenes involving lasers and lightsabers and shit.

I can only imagine god damn, dude knows how to put together an action scene, hell I think he is Top 3 in all hollywood.

I'm going to go with Snyder is going to reduce his role to producer after (maybe even after BvS) JL movie with Ben taking over directing. Snyder is going to tackle the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan film.

I want Ewan back as Obi-Wan so bad.

I am not sure how I feel about Snyder directing a Obi-Wan movie. I like a few of his movies though, but I feel like he's a weird choice to direct a Star Wars movie, especially one with Obi-Wan.

No Snyder for me, I'm fine thank you.

Though I suppose it will only be a matter of time if Disney is serious about getting these things out. It wouldn't hurt (per se) to give the keys to somebody who is plainly a fan, but I'm struggling to think of any other reason why Snyder is a good fit. The best I can say for his films is that some (okay, just Watchmen) have good casting. Unlike Abrams & (R) Johnson, he doesn't seem focused on having a cast that plays well off each other, nor is his visual style clear and concise.

I'll have to wait and see (what other people tell me about) DawnO'Just, but I can't see Zack moving outside his desaturated wheelhouse.

no thanks, ive seen plenty of Obi Wan, i dont need an Obi Wan film. can people just let go of the old characters and focus on creating new ones. cannot stand this constant fan service for the OG trilogy characters, they don't need to be in everything star wars.

no thanks, ive seen plenty of Obi Wan, i dont need an Obi Wan film. can people just let go of the old characters and focus on creating new ones. cannot stand this constant fan service for the OG trilogy characters, they don't need to be in everything star wars.

Think you're making a bigger deal about it than whatever it would end up being.

I know it's too early for all these possibilities to remain relevant until December '15, but which combination in this bingo sheet would you fellows bet on?
10679512_789523567764984_5589321526048590989_o.jpg

(Or make a better sheet, I dunno)

I believe we're going to get at least 1 bingo, and get REALLY close to 2.

r2P39V0.jpg

"Theme of a Deceased Character" is even more of a lock than "I've Got a Bad Feeling About This," because technically, The Force motif is Obi-Wan's theme.

I believe we're going to get at least 1 bingo, and get REALLY close to 2.

r2P39V0.jpg

"Theme of a Deceased Character" is even more of a lock than "I've Got a Bad Feeling About This," because technically, The Force motif is Obi-Wan's theme.

Hm yes, but it plays before he is introduced. (So does Luke's, I know).

I didn't pay much attention to the layout of the individual spaces for maximum bingo-parity, but whatever.

Slush-O, Thrawn and Prequel-Smack are immense long-shots, but if anybody has alternatives...

sphagnum

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Thrawn gets mentioned. It's inevitable that there will be a cartoon that takes place after Return of the Jedi dealing with the 30 year gap. The writers aren't just going to make stuff up wholesale for the entire time when they can take what they like from the old EU.

Thrawn is a popular character. He'll become canon.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So who's going to be the new Boba Fett? A minor character that everyone thinks is more interesting than he really is?
Jackie Earle Haley is they only choice.

Top Bottom