• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
OMG all this info, the artwork. I can't control it.
aY5aD.gif

Metalmarc

And one for fun

The Grave Robber is C3PO gone beserk who is trying to rebuild himself from human parts Frankenstein style, and that's why in the other piece of art you can see a human with face parts of C3PO

And that is why you'd be blown away.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
would he be? He almost died and was saved by the father that wanted to kill him at times and also he was wearing black last we saw him

Take your first step into a larger world.

jedi-luke-flap-white-underneath.JPG

There's actually a lot of visual symbolism in Star Wars, some of it is really subtle. I didn't notice a lot of it until I saw the redlettermedia reviews of Episode 1-3.

Lukes outfit at the end of RotJ is something that you don't notice,
but your brain did.

Nah. Greedo shows up in a Phantom Menace deleted scene. He gets in a fight with Anakin, and Qui-Gon pulls Anakin off of him. As they walk off, Warwick Davis' character tells Greedo if he keeps this up he's gonna meet a bad end.

So that huge rumour/spoiler from a few weeks back
That the final scene reveals Luke having turned to the darkside
was just speculation from these leaked concept photos?

It sounded alot more confirmed at the time...

inm8num2

The guy who wrote it added disclaimers about pieces of the puzzle missing, and the theory still being speculation, but he seemed confident and everyone just rolled with the rumor. Comparing it to ESB's "No, I am your father" moment in his title probably had something to do with that.

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope they start trickling out photos soon. During the prequels years we'd get regular behind the scenes photos on StarWars.com like once a week. anyone remember that?

There were some cool ones. Like Jango Fett dancing with an umbrella.

I hope they start trickling out photos soon. During the prequels years we'd get regular behind the scenes photos on StarWars.com like once a week. anyone remember that?

There were some cool ones. Like Jango Fett dancing with an umbrella.

One of my favorite Prequel Behind the Scene photo. Another one I remember was the closeup on Shaak Ti Face, which I found pretty awesome.

Ishida

Banned

I would be terribly disappointed if that spoiler turns out to be true.

CD'S BAR

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/j...wars-episode-vii-trailer-music-november-15th/
A reliable source just said JW received a trailer from JJ Abrams on Monday, Oct 20. JW has already written new Star Wars music to accompany this trailer. This new trailer music will feature new music and will be recorded on November 15 in LA with full orchestra. Still determining if the score will be recorded in London due to advanced age of composer/conductor. 14 hour flight to LA not too kind on 82 year old. This is all a secret and this message will be deleted shortly.

Teaser in December?

I'll go and see the shittest movie in existence just to see the SW trailer. And promptly walk out before the movie even begins.

If this was 1998, the post would be the EXACT same, it's just the movie in question would be Meet Joe Black instead of Into the Woods.

But they can't attempt withholding the digital version for any longer than like, an HOUR after it hits screens. Because there is NO WAY they're going to staunch the flood of cammed copies that will hit youtube. And it'll be a flood.

I don't think they're going to make a main character in the sequel trilogy dependent on having seen their animated show that's struggling for viewers at 9pm on Monday Nights on premium channel.

inm8num2

I'll go and see the shittest movie in existence just to see the SW trailer. And promptly walk out before the movie even begins.

Yes, I'm that sad and yes I know it'll likely leak on the internet first...

My brother's friend bought a ticket for Jingle All the Way just to see the trailer for the SW special editions.

If Luke doesn't turn to the dark side in ROTJ
I really can't see him going dark in the sequels. Especially as he clearly says "Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

Then promptly throws away his lightsaber, brings his father back from the dark side and sees his force ghost. I know a lot can happen in 30 years, but if he was going to turn, logically that would have happened after the events of ESB or ROTJ.

If Luke don't turn to the dark side in ROTJ I really can't see him going dark in the sequels. Especially as he clearly says "Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

Then promptly throws away his lightsaber, brings his father back from the dark side and sees his force ghost. I know a lot can happen in 30 years, but if he was going to turn, logically that would have happened after the events of ESB or ROTJ.

He's not gonna turn, I don't think. The speculation that was pointing towards that was apparently based largely on hearing that Luke does SOMETHING that's not altogether on the up & up in the movie, combined with the pre-production art that they interpreted as being OF Luke.

Of course now, we've seen that art, and that guy doesn't really look like Hamill at all.

He'll probably be changed/off/different from where we last left him, but he's not going to be a Sith, I don't think. He might not be nice, kindly old Luke though, either.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I think this is potentially true symbolically.

But at the same time, that uniform he is wearing was intended to be the original Jedi uniform at the time of filming ROTJ.

In pre-production for Episode I, the Jedis were going to wear Luke's ROTJ robe. Only after some deliberation did Lucas decide that actually, the Jedis should wear Ben Kenobi's hobo robe.

I think it would make a lot more sense if they went with the first idea. First of all, Luke's ROTJ garb looks so much more like a uniform, and it looked modern, sleek and cool (and would have remained so in 1999 as well. It's very "Matrix".). Second, it meant that you could re-contextualize Luke's costume in ROTJ as symbolically the Return of the Jedi... it would have been a highly symbolic act of rebellion that he was openly walking around in the uniform of the fallen Jedi, symbolizing their return. Third, we are to believe that Obi Wan goes into hiding... and he just wears the Jedi robe for 20+ years? That's a horrible disguise, and kind of sad at the same time. I really think when we first watched the OT, that was originally intended by the creators (and interpreted by the viewers) as a hermit's robe unique to Obi, not a a Jedi robe.

I think this is potentially true symbolically.

But at the same time, that uniform he is wearing was intended to be the original Jedi uniform at the time of filming ROTJ.

In pre-production for Episode I, the Jedis were going to wear Luke's ROTJ robe. Only after some deliberation did Lucas decide that actually, the Jedis should wear Ben Kenobi's hobo robe.

I think it would make a lot more sense if they went with the first idea. First of all, Luke's ROTJ garb looks so much more like a uniform, and it looked modern, sleek and cool (and would have remained so in 1999 as well. It's very "Matrix".). Second, it meant that you could re-contextualize Luke's costume in ROTJ as symbolically the Return of the Jedi... it would have been a highly symbolic act of rebellion that he was openly walking around in the uniform of the fallen Jedi, symbolizing their return. Third, we are to believe that Obi Wan goes into hiding... and he just wears the Jedi robe for 20+ years? That's a horrible disguise, and kind of sad at the same time. I really think when we first watched the OT, that was originally intended by the creators (and interpreted by the viewers) as a hermit's robe unique to Obi, not a a Jedi robe.

Well also Uncle Owen wears something similar. It seems to me it was more of a Tatooine thing than a Jedi thing. But George will be George. I wouldn't have been surprised to see all the new black people in the PT (well, the 1 or 2 of them) wearing the same cape as Lando since in his mind it became a black person uniform.

Top Bottom