• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Someone explain to me why a lightsaber with a hilt is so bad?

I'm pretty neutral on it and don't feel one way or the other...but why would it be "awful"?

CD'S BAR

I'm pretty neutral on it and don't feel one way or the other...but why would it be "awful"?

I don't think it's so much the hilt that some are finding issue with but the mini sabers coming out of it. I think like someone else said it reminds a bit of a general grievous/prequels-esque "fit as many lightsabers on screen as possible" style.

Mariolee

Because it seems pretty easy to stab yourself with the mini-lightsabers. It's like if you took a regular sword and replaces the hilt with two knives.

The new lightsaber seems odd. One person using it would surely leave the other open to injury as they can't stop with their own. If it gets used that is and isn't just eye candy.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The old lightsabers sort of confused me because I wondered why nobody ever slid their blade down to their opponent's hilt when they were locked in some sort of lightsaber arm wrestling match.

This new one only partially solves the problem. The hilt is a T, so if someone were to pull that maneuver on you, it would still work. Your attacker's blade would just cut through the protruding hilt and cut off your hand or fingers. IRL T-hilted swords exist in large part to prevent this from happening.

I think the little chode blades coming out look silly. The helmet looks like something out of the old Battlestar Galactica.

I am perturbed.

edit: i have decided i will refer to this saber design as the chodesaber from here on out

Pagusas

Elden Member
believe it or not it is secretly beloved by many, often qualified by the dubious excuse "guilty pleasure"

Indeed it is, I'll admit it is one of mine. Its one of the most beautiful films ever made in terms of overall shot quality. The story of course isnt that great, but the execution and production quality is out of the park, especially given when it was made.

Woorloog

Banned
Claymore-like lightsaber? That's cool.
Though the light-crossguard seems like something you're going to hurt yourself faster than it is going to be any use in defense. (Of course, the same applies to pretty much every single non-standard lightsaber design, the standard one looks pretty dangerous already.)

Not too keen on the Revan-ish suit. At least we can pretty safely assume it is not actually Revan in any form, right? (Star Wars didn't need Revan, especially not what the character became.)

Armageddon: Stupid fun.

Looks like filming's done.

Final-Date-Note.jpg

The wrap party looked fun.

really? which song? Superstition? Isn't She Lovely? This is Star Wars News I NEED DETAILS.

Also, this thing still doesn't have a damn title yet?

MattyG

Banned
Seriously, if we aren't getting a trailer anytime soon at least they could announce the title. We know the titles of every Marvel movie for the next 5 years, but we don't even know the title of a movie coming out in 1 year. Come on Disney, sort it out.

Cheebo

Banned
really? which song? Superstition? Isn't She Lovely? This is Star Wars News I NEED DETAILS.

Superstition. The video is in the Making Star Wars link.

Ford and Carrie Fisher at the party too:
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=19161

Strangely Mark Hamill did not go to the wrap party it seems despite being at Pinewood just a few days ago.

It is a also a fairly safe bet that Kiran Shah (from LOTR/The Hobbit) was in Episode VII seeing how he was at the wrap party:
http://instagram.com/p/u6Ag2cASBe/

Superstition. The video is in the Making Star Wars link.

Ford and Carrie Fisher at the party too:
http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=19161

Strangely Mark Hamill did not go to the wrap party it seems despite being at Pinewood just a few days ago.

It is a also a fairly safe bet that Kiran Shah (from LOTR/The Hobbit) was in Episode VII seeing how he was at the wrap party:
http://instagram.com/p/u6Ag2cASBe/

It says that Mark did go on Star Wars News. There's a pic as well.

I can't believe filming is done and we still basically know nothing about the movie. How are they keeping this under wraps?

They haven't fired anyone close to the production since whoever it was bailed out with a camera full of concept art photos.

We're gonna start learning more now that it's in post, probably. Both from Lucasfilm getting their marketing push up to speed, and from different employees/friends-of-employees getting looks at what's going on as the film moves through the post-production pipeline.

Plus, as usual, comics adaptations, children's novels, that sorta shit.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't believe filming is done and we still basically know nothing about the movie. How are they keeping this under wraps?
Pretty surprised at this as well, although that concept art did leak a month or two back, assuming it is legitimate. Good job on Disney's part, though; the less spoilers, the better.

The best part about this wrap party? It's the icing on the cake, because there's two movies after this. It's like being guaranteed three Christmas days instead of one.

I know there's twelve days of Christmas

Cheebo

Banned
The best part about this wrap party? It's the icing on the cake, because there's two movies after this. It's like being guaranteed three Christmas days instead of one.

more than 3! :) We already have 6 movies announced. Don't forget December 2016 another Star Wars movie is coming.

Yeah, while it's pretty notable that we're not getting a title or a plot synopsis that's sourced from anything stronger than pre-production art and a secondhand description of the 2nd draft, what's MORE impressive is that we don't know anything about that first spinoff AT ALL. Whitta was just tweeting the other day he's still cranking out the script.

I mean, they're gonna have to start shooting the thing sometime around next spring, right?

Metalmarc

Out of six movies, at least one has to be good right? I'm hoping 2 will be ie one of the main series films is good and one spin off, it would be tremendous if all 6 are great but i doubt it.

You read that mr whitta? if your lurking, we need only good stuff.

Top Bottom