• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Cheebo

Banned
Well, Rumor Control 02 is in the can and awaiting its posting :)

I can't say it enough, you and the rest of the Full of Sith guys have a hell of a podcast. Really good "radio" voices and personalities and just a joy to listen to.

There are tons of Star Wars podcasts out there but most of them just have no idea how to do a podcast but you guys and Rebel Force Radio are weekly must listens for me.

Well, hopefully this one doesn't suck. I mean - the first one had like a year and a half of rumors to dive through. This one's got about a month's worth.

The accuracy level is going to go up quite a bit though :)

BowieZ

Banned
Looking forward to the new original treatment of the Force theme composed by Williams, in the teaser trailer that will undoubtedly be out in the next few weeks...

I don't prefer any of those, but before this reveal I thought they would stick with the same naming convention of the previous trilogies.
The prequel trilogy bucked any convention with Episode II (Noun of the Noun -> The Noun Verbs).

This is no different. It's "The Noun Verbs" from The Empire Strikes Back, but it's coming first.

It's up. some stuff about Luke, some stuff about the bad guy with the weird lightsaber, some stuff about Kira, and Han Solo, and a quick couple pokes at the title and what it could mean in regards to the film.

B.K.

Do we know if they're still using Lucas's treatment for the Sequel Trilogy or are they doing whatever they want since Abrams and Kasdan started rewriting the script?

Do we know if they're still using Lucas's treatment for the Sequel Trilogy or are they doing whatever they want since Abrams and Kasdan started rewriting the script?

No one really knows (probably won't until the making-of stuff comes out in 2016 or so) but people seem to be working off the assumption that at least the broad strokes of Arndt's treatment based off Lucas' notes are still intact.

But I don't know that anyone really knows yet. We just know that Arndt got the boot pretty early on after Abrams joined the project.

Ah, you kept the Alien 3 fanfare. Nice.

The best of the fanfares.

It's up. some stuff about Luke, some stuff about the bad guy with the weird lightsaber, some stuff about Kira, and Han Solo, and a quick couple pokes at the title and what it could mean in regards to the film.

Great podcast, Bobby! I didn't listen to the first one, but I'll listen to future ones. Great production value. I enjoy the humor too.

Zombine

Banned
The Force Awakens sounds like a Hasboro figure line.

"Squeeze Luke Skywalker's legs together and create a force blast from his hand!"

Epcott

I'm really going to miss that 20th Century Fox drumroll.

I hope they dive into the oportunity missed in the PT of Palpatine possibly having "done" something to Shmi while he was senator and discarding her as a slave to Tatooine so as not to be caught in scandal. At the very least, they could save that for episode IX as the WTF "I am your father" moment.

Sheev & Shmi... It's like poetry!

Also, I think this version of the logo is way nicer than the official one. Hopefully they adopt it.

d6zbAQC.jpg

Yeah. It'll show up in the scroll at the beginning of the movie, and probably on the spines of the blu-rays, but otherwise, it won't be present in the marketing.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Scraggly beard hair and a shoulder. Not exactly bomba.

I don't like that one as much. The other one actually incorporates the same font choice as the official logo. It's a better remix in that regard.

The bottom one looks okay, but it's basically just new words in the Empire Strikes Back logo. The top one is essentially a new logo due to the font choice and layout.

I don't like that one as much. The other one actually incorporates the same font choice as the official logo. It's a better remix in that regard.

The bottom one looks okay, but it's basically just new words in the Empire Strikes Back logo. The top one is essentially a new logo due to the font choice and layout.

Yeah the yellow one looks awesome

The chances of them adopting a fan-made remix of their (probably JJ-personally-chosen) logo is almost absolute zero, but doesn't mean I still wouldn't like it :)

And yeah, both Eric Geller of Force.net and Jimmy McInerny of RebelForce Radio got in contact w/ Lucasfilm to confirm the bit about the episode number being left out of promotion/marketing and only showing up in the opening scroll.

Moff

I think it's a bit odd they leave out the episode number of the marketing. especially since I thought they would be doing both spin off movies and what I'd call saga movies in the future. and having episode numbers for the saga movies would be an easy way to distinguish them from the spin off movies.

They probably dont' really wanna distinguish them. Better to have audiences think EVERY Star Wars movie is an important one as opposed to giving uneducated audiences an easy signifier as to which of these new Star Wars films "doesn't count."

OnPoint

I think it's a bit odd they leave out the episode number of the marketing. especially since I thought they would be doing both spin off movies and what I'd call saga movies in the future. and having episode numbers for the saga movies would be an easy way to distinguish them from the spin off movies.

Which they're trying to avoid, it seems.

Moff

b-but won't people be disappointed if they want to see what han, luke and leia are doing next and only see a movie about a bounty hunter?

I don't know, I liked my idea ;)
but I'm also looking forward to the "spin offs" even more than the episode movies

b-but won't people be disappointed if they want to see what han, luke and leia are doing next and only see a movie about a bounty hunter?

but I'm also looking forward to the "spin offs" even more than the episode movies

No one is going to look for look in a movie called Boba Fett.

OnPoint

I think the general line of thinking is that people will see the movies as undervalued if they differentiate "mainline" from "spin off", and avoid the spinoffs. Notice the Marvel movies now starting to do away with numbers.

Top Bottom