• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Help is here.

Falcon-Teaser-Maybe.gif

Square dish.

Just saying, I don't see this trailer hitting next week, as that's when the Jurassic World trailer is hitting. Not saying Star Wars would need to worry about that, but I think Universal would have gone through pains to make sure they don't have to compete for the airwaves.

Could be a shot from the teaser, but the fairly obvious use of the trademark JJ lens flare kinda points towards it being a fan recreation of one of the leaked trailer details.

LastNac

Making Star Wars just posted it. It matches a description they also posted. The radar dish is square which matches set pics. Might be we have a leak or a talented hoaxer.

I'm honestly not a big fan of Jason Ward's consistent description of concept art. Guy didn't even link the millennium falcon lieak on his site either. It's almost like he enjoys withholding assets just to gloat about his access to them.

Are these clouds? In space?

That's a...

(wait for it)

...lensflare. :)

edit: If you're going to fake something for maximum attention, doing a quick 2 second FX shot and leaking it via compressed gif gives you some room for believability.

But if this is real, then there's no way this trailer doesn't drop within the next 7 days. Sciretta over at Slashfilm is saying the same thing.

LastNac

That's a...

(wait for it)

...lensflare. :)

edit: If you're going to fake something for maximum attention, doing a quick 2 second FX shot and leaking it via compressed gif gives you some room for believability.

But if this is real, then there's no way this trailer doesn't drop within the next 7 days. Sciretta over at Slashfilm is saying the same thing.

giphy.gif

Fuck guys I just realized something. What's the one thing everyone is going to be doing on Thursday? Watching Football. It's going to be shown during the Cowboys game isn't it?

inm8num2

Could be that the effects aren't polished. Not the first time unfinished effects made it into a trailer.

I can't imagine that Abrams and Kennedy would want a trailer with unfinished effects, though. Or, perhaps the teaser has shots and effects that wouldn't be in the final movie.

Either way, a trailer for a new SW film. It's 1998 all over again and I can't help feel a bit giddy.

lasers & lightsabers have given off flares in Star Wars movies before. They actually went so far as to hand animate them in in the original trilogy.

Abounder

Banned
I wonder if that's a physical model. Looks like the turret got an upgrade and has a prequel influence; I loved the lasers from the prequels like Jango's ship

Fuck guys I just realized something. What's the one thing everyone is going to be doing on Thursday? Watching Football. It's going to be shown during the Cowboys game isn't it?

True that. Turkey day game is the best bet for the teaser's debut

CD'S BAR

Gif looks real to me. After that cross beam saber turned out to be real - or as real as a leak can be right now, I guess - I'm not going to call bullshit on anything.

Lebron

No way that's real. The Falcon was like the first set piece they built (at least leaked) and been pimping since day 1. I refuse to believe that cheap looking CGI is what they decided to release.

Screams fan made

Slashfilm is saying it's being shown in a limited release? I thought you said they wouldn't do this. I'm not taking the piss; I'm legitimately confused.

Yeah, when I posted that, Sciretta hadn't put up his full post explaining himself - which was a weird post as he starts by saying the Reddit post was bullshit, and then he essentially confirms the reddit post (?)

It's weird.

We did a crossover show with the ForceCast today while this was unfolding, and one of their hosts offered up the idea that maybe it's a matter of the teaser going online the same day, with a list of the theaters you can visit if you want to see it on the big screen being posted shortly thereafter.

Very commendable effort for an amateur, and impressive that normal people with commercial editing software can more or less match AotC-era CGI from their bedrooms. It would just be disappointing for a $200 million movie in 2015.

Top Bottom