• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

It's not just Regal. Cinemark's posted they've got their own run of theaters showing them as well.

Can't imagine we're not going to get an official version to watch online either simultaneously or just a bit before these start hitting.

Metalmarc

It's not just Regal. Cinemark's posted they've got their own run of theaters showing them as well.

Can't imagine we're not going to get an official version to watch online either simultaneously or just a bit before these start hitting.

Hope so mainly because i don't live in the u.s, and like you i also don't wanna see a potato quality leak, although if thats all i get i suppose it will do. If not online in full HD friday night then i hope for saturday the latest.

Simo

Oh good. It might give me enough reason to get out and finally see Interstellar if thats the case.

An early 88-second tease of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen in 30 theaters across North America beginning Friday morning, November 28. Following this weekend, the tease can be seen in theaters around the world this December.

Check out StarWars.com’s complete list of theaters playing the tease below!
AZ PHOENIX HARKINS TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA LOS ANGELES AMC CENTURY CITY
CA LOS ANGELES Indep EL CAPITAN
CA IRVINE REGAL SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA SAN FRANCISCO AMC METERON 16
CA SAN JOSE CINEMARK OAKRIDGE 20
CA SAN DIEGO REGAL MIRA MESA 18
CAN TORONTO CPX YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN VANCOUVER CPX RIVERPORT
CO DENVER AMC WESTMINSTER 24
DC WASH D.C AMC TYSONS CORNER 16
FL MIAMI CARMIKE PARISIAN 20
GA ATLANTA REGAL ATLANTIC STATION
IL CHICAGO REGAL CITY NORTH
MA BOSTON AMC BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI DETROIT CINEMARK SHOWCASE 20
MN MINNEAPOLIS AMC SOUTHDALE
MO KANSAS CITY AMC STUDIO 30
NY NEW YORK AMC LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY NEW YORK REGAL UNION SQAURE
OH CLEVELAND CINEMARK CINEMARK 24
PA PHILADELPHIA REGAL WARRINGTON 22
TN NASHVILLE CARMIKE THOROUGHBRED 20
TN KNOXVILLE REGAL PINNACLE
TX DALLAS CINEMARK PLANO 20
TX HOSTON REGAL MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX AUSTIN ALAMO ALAMO S LAMAR
UT SALT LAKE CITY CINEMARK CINEMARK 24 WJ
WA SEATTLE REGAL THORNTON PLACE 14
WI MILWAUKEE MARCUS BROOKFIELD 16

What a HUGE FUCK YOU to fans that don't live close to these theatres.

Symphonic

It says it'll show in other theaters in December following that weekend, sounds like just a couple days early perk. Calm down people. Welcome to the marketing world.

Cheebo

Banned
The reason it isn't more wide spread is it is literally in front of EVERY movie. Every single showing. That is far harder to coordinate.

wMu_qH5stCJ45jJCTv443ITutWPODZsjYSclSwTaTiRTztOg_mqTMyACsIbyX50X_EfS4GELVb2Zdom_QMdXJuBqyXBNm8w=w511-h288-nc

I could understand a Regal theater exclusive.
but how the heck does select theaters make any sense?

If it was at every Regal you would have people all over coming in to see it,
with select locations anyone not near these very few locations are just going to say screw it and watch a rip, so when its officially released or goes wide nobody will give a crap anymore.

It makes no sense.

Cheebo

Banned
I could understand a Regal theater exclusive.
but how the heck does select theaters make any sense?

If it was at every Regal you would have people all over coming in to see it,
with select locations anyone not near these very few locations are just going to say screw it and watch a rip, so when its officially released or goes wide nobody will give a crap anymore.

It makes no sense.
Because it's in front of every single movie. That is a lot bigger than a normal trailer release of being one film.

Because it's in front of every single movie. That is a lot bigger than a normal trailer release of being one film.

This usually happens for big trailers regardless, whether they ask for it or not, though.

So long as the trailer is somewhat appropriate for the movie it's being stuck in front of, it'll get put in front of most things running at that theater.

Nekofrog

Banned
That was a tongue-in-cheek comment (the wink smiley). Nobody expects Gary Whitta address Star Wars rumors on here, but I certainly would be happy to see him around GAF in any capacity sometime in the future.

dude's never coming back and i never would either if i had that prospect on my plate

OMG OMG OMG they are doing the theater trailer release. My favorite theater experience of all time was the episode 1 first trailer day, I never saw anything like it. Hundreds of people in one theater just for a preview, most left right after, the best community event ever.

One damn theater in Florida, in west palm beach, wtf. The damn theater does not have showings for Friday yet on the website, ahhhhhh!!!!!!! I need this.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

Goddamnit, why the hell is it always Riverport? It's not like this trailer's in IMAX or anything. JESUS.

Faiz

Mentioned the "limited release" trailer in my carpool this morning, and how stupid a limited release is given it will be on the internet in five minutes.

Her response: And who would go to a theater just to see a trailer anyway? No one does that.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
An early 88-second tease of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen in 30 theaters across North America beginning Friday morning, November 28. Following this weekend, the tease can be seen in theaters around the world this December.

Check out StarWars.com’s complete list of theaters playing the tease below!

What a HUGE FUCK YOU to fans that don't live close to these theatres.

Tyson's Corner...tempting. Also why does that say it is in DC. That is in VA.

Have a few things on pretty good authority (Buddy at ILM)

Says the art dept at ILM routinely mocks up lens flare images as jokes daily.

Also says they got to see some footage recently and it "got their juices flowing".

Rootbeer

Banned
Still boggles my mind that people get fooled by fan trailers.

Also still pisses me off that fan trailers intentionally label themselves as being legit in order to get more attention. Fuckers.

Top Bottom