• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Did this dude really just go "Oh, they don't like it here in this thread, I'll start a brand new thread instead."

It's not a Disney/LFL account
The description admits its a fake
It's way longer than 88 seconds
There's straight up footage from The Empire Strikes Back in it.

LastNac

Did this dude really just go "Oh, they don't like it here in this thread, I'll start a brand new thread instead."

And audio from the force unleashed

Boof

Yeah but... how is it fake bruh?

Cheebo

Banned

He literally replied to us pointing out why it was fake then ran off and posted it as a new topic. It is baffling. I don't get it. If there is anyone who would know to call it out as fake it would be the Star Wars geeks who hang out in this thread.

Sou Da

He literally replied to us pointing out why it was fake then ran off and posted it as a new topic. It is baffling. I don't get it. If there is anyone who would know to call it out as fake it would be the Star Wars geeks who hang out in this thread.

I don't get how not labeling something as fan made in the title isn't against the Youtube terms of service by now.

Incorrect:
(Today, 07:44 AM)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwVRYEQG_I

I am digging it. Hope I don't get in trouble for posting it in here.
(Today, 07:45 AM)How is it fake?
Other way around.

Cheebo

Banned
It is clear Fox has no idea what the film was like they were trying to market here lol. It feels completely different than the actual movie.

Is it worth going to see a movie this weekend and driving 30 minutes to a cinema on that list, or am I better off waiting for it to be inevitably posted online?

Cheebo

Banned
Is it worth going to see a movie this weekend and driving 30 minutes to a cinema on that list, or am I better off waiting for it to be inevitably posted online?

We have no idea when it will be online officially, might be relying on cellphone camera footage for a while. 30 minutes isn't all that bad compared to what some people are doing lol. I see people on twitter planning on driving 2+ hours for this thing.

We have no idea when it will be online officially, might be relying on cellphone camera footage for a while.

Which sucks some real massive shit because they know that people will break down and watch the trailer in shit quality which won't do it justice. I don't get the line of thinking. I love Star Wars but treating this teaser like it's some kind of sacred ground is fucking idiotic.

Blader

Which sucks some real massive shit because they know that people will break down and watch the trailer in shit quality which won't do it justice. I don't get the line of thinking. I love Star Wars but treating this teaser like it's some kind of sacred ground is fucking idiotic.

Not just Disney/Star Wars, there's WAY too much sanctifying around movie trailers period. I mean, they're just fucking trailers! They're marketing! It's their job to put it out, not ours to go to ridiculous lengths just to see the movie that they want to sell.

All these trailer countdowns, teasers for teasers of teasers, etc. are just bullshit, really.

Not just Disney/Star Wars, there's WAY too much sanctifying around movie trailers period. I mean, they're just fucking trailers! They're marketing! It's their job to put it out, not ours to go to ridiculous lengths just to see the movie that they want to sell.

All these trailer countdowns, teasers for teasers of teasers, etc. are just bullshit, really.

Yep. I don't mind countdowns as it can just be part of the excitement and movies can be huge events for me. So I don't mind that. But limited trailer showings that are most certainly going to leak anyway will be seen by much fewer people, and it will be the shitty cams that the majority sees.

That being said, who knows. The Jurassic World trailer was bumped up a few days and according to some it was because of this teaser hitting this weekend. If it were only hitting limited theaters, I'm not sure why it would spook Universal into releasing the Jurassic teaser early.

Cheebo

Banned
That being said, who knows. The Jurassic World trailer was bumped up a few days and according to some it was because of this teaser hitting this weekend. If it were only hitting limited theaters, I'm not sure why it would spook Universal into releasing the Jurassic teaser early.

Because it is Star Wars, even cellphone camera footage would dwarf the Jurassic World trailer. It'd get lost in the mix easily.

Do people actually go to movies just to see a trailer? That seems like an unrealistic perception
Tons of people did for the Phantom Menace trailer. In fact that weekend the rise in the boxoffice was attributed to the Star Wars teaser bringing people out.

Read the rumor about the spin off being a prequel. I mean seriously? Aren't people sick of prequels?

Why the hell won't they just move forward?

Cheebo

Banned
Read the rumor about the spin off being a prequel. I mean seriously? Aren't people sick of prequels?

Huh? We are getting a sequel trilogy. That is moving forward. Spin-offs are different. I mean how else would we do a Boba Fett (even if we say he survived ROTJ he'd be like 70 in the sequel era) movie or a Han Solo movie? I wouldn't call them prequels, they aren't really tied into the Episodes I-IX saga.

sphagnum

Banned

Spinoffs can take place anywhere in the timeline, and no, people aren't "sick of prequels". Some people won't shut up about their distaste for the prequel trilogy but many other people would be very happy with things set prior to Episode IV.

Spinoffs can take place anywhere in the timeline, and no, people aren't "sick of prequels". Some people won't shut up about their distaste for the prequel trilogy but many other people would be very happy with things set prior to Episode IV.

I would be happy if there was some Prequel spinoffs too. I want spinoff films in every era of Star Wars.

Cheebo

Banned
If anyone is in the Austin area and plans on checking out the trailer at the Alamo Drafthouse they annouced they will be showing the trailer on repeat 18 times in a row.

shira

Thread got made, but the trailer is confirmed to be up on iTunes this Friday.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/537726713753382913
KfCYXkN.png

No need to leave the house

I'd hope for an Old Republic film but that era basically doesn't exist anymore so...

I think they can do a Old Republic era film. They would just change alot of stuff to differentiate themselves from the comics, books, and videogames set in that era due to it being noncanon.

suck itttttt

Faiz

I think they can do a Old Republic era film. They would just change alot of stuff to differentiate themselves from the comics, books, and videogames set in that era due to it being noncanon.

That's why I said "basically doesn't exist". Everything we know and love about the Old Republic era is gone.

So yeah they could do an old republic film which wouldn't resemble what we know as the Old Republic. So... *shrug*

Top Bottom