• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Faiz

Nope.

A bit less impressive since you said that after the entire trailer description leaked and had been posted ;)

Had it? I hadn't read it lol.

Edit: should add I was actively trying to avoid descriptions. Not that it really matters to anyone haha

prag16

Banned
Looks cool. Though (even though we knew this) the lack of the original big three is a bit of a bummer.

Not sure about that strange lightsaber,but looks less ridiculous than the spinning laws-of-physics-breaking thing the inquisitor uses on the Rebels TV show at least..

Cheebo

Banned
So Making Star Wars source got the teaser DEAD ON. I think it's time to start seriously giving them more attention for their other leaks (mainly crazy hermit Luke).

And the teaser lines up with their other spoilers going back a ways about Boyega being a crashed stormtrooper not to mention.

Moff

the x-wing part is by far my favourite part of the teaser, both the interior and the exterior. looks absolutely OT but perfectly translated into modern cinematography. I feel this movie will at least look awesome.

Didn't feel anything about Star Wars.

Whole franchise feels old hat now. Needs some new life and I didn't get that from the trailer. Hope the film has it.

DaveH

Do you consider Devin Faraci reliable or full of it?
http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/17/what-will-the-first-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-contain/

What's it going to be like? If my sources are correct (and this is a big IF. These sources have been mighty reliable in the past, and if they're wrong I believe they're wrong honestly, ie they're not bullshitting me), it'll be short. And when I say short, I mean one minute long. It's going to have The Force Theme played on woodwinds, softly, over flashing images of the main leads, each fading to black. There's no dialogue, just reveals of the characters. And then the music swells up into a full orchestral piece - perhaps what John Williams recorded this weekend? - and we hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley's, saying "Wake up."

And then the title card appears - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera.

Moff

it's funny how the leaks were definitely describing the trailer, but still wrong about many details. like a story told from one person to the next and the next, and every time a detail changes.

Didn't feel anything about Star Wars.

Whole franchise feels old hat now. Needs some new life and I didn't get that from the trailer. Hope the film has it.
Eh? Even the teaser showed off a style not used in any of the previous films. In fact it was so unlike them that the first couple of times I watch it I didn't really like it. It looks off, it didn't feel like "Star Wars".

However after watching it over and over and reading all the people in the main thread bounce around silly ideas it started to settle with me. It'll turn out fine. It may not flesh together well with the previous films, but it'll be Star Wars.

Really hard to make such judgments without more footage though.

So Making Star Wars source got the teaser DEAD ON. I think it's time to start seriously giving them more attention for their other leaks (mainly crazy hermit Luke).

And the teaser lines up with their other spoilers going back a ways about Boyega being a crashed stormtrooper not to mention.
I'm surprised Disney ninjas haven't killed them yet.

Fci2rlr.jpg

She has a Tusken's weapon. Tatooine confirmed?

I wonder if Daisy's character is the one collecting Sith artifacts. She's a grave robber of sorts. Maybe she collects them as a hobby or sells them. I mean, they would be pretty interesting artifacts to collect.

Eh? Even the teaser showed off a style not used in any of the previous films. In fact it was so unlike them that the first couple of times I watch it I didn't really like it. It looks off, it didn't feel like "Star Wars".

However after watching it over and over and reading all the people in the main thread bounce around silly ideas it started to settle with me. It'll turn out fine. It may not flesh together well with the previous films, but it'll be Star Wars.

Really hard to make such judgments without more footage though.

Just was a very poor trailer. Star Wars to me is old hat and this trailer felt old hat. One of the most disappointing teasers I've seen in a while. I wouldn't say I'm a huge Star Wars fan but it all felt very flat and unexciting.

It's really fun to go through the concept art and piece it together based on the trailer.

In fact, I think I'm convinced Daisy is the Grave Robber. That's how she stumbles into all of this shit. Maybe she's tied into Han and Leia somehow. Maybe she's their daughter and has run off on her own making some cash in the buying and selling of Sith related items and other post-original trilogy items.

Here she is having an X-Wing style craft salvaged?

Linked because I'm confused about the level of spoilers allowed in this thread.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/concept-14-10-15.jpg

Maybe that's it. Maybe "grave robber/digger" isn't as ominous as we think. It's easy to associate that with a Sith but maybe it's just a nickname. She's well known in the trade as a smuggler/seller of artifacts.

It's really fun to go through the concept art and piece it together based on the trailer.

In fact, I think I'm convinced Daisy is the Grave Robber. That's how she stumbles into all of this shit. Maybe she's tied into Han and Leia somehow. Maybe she's their daughter and has run off on her own making some cash in the buying and selling of Sith related items and other post-original trilogy items.

Here she is having an X-Wing style craft salvaged?

Linked because I'm confused about the level of spoilers allowed in this thread.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/concept-14-10-15.jpg

Maybe that's it. Maybe "grave robber/digger" isn't as ominous as we think. It's easy to associate that with a Sith but maybe it's just a nickname. She's well known in the trade as a smuggler/seller of artifacts.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Om0W9Wrtw...io/s1600/15bd894c3d678b08fcf73aa2ad4e91e7.jpg

Look where she's heading in the concept art. The Falcon is there.

The Grave Digger is going to be Serkis.

I'm going with that being Han's introduction. Looks too awesome of a set piece to be wasted on a character no one knows.

Could be. I think Ridley retreats to the Falcon in the teaser scene proceeding. She seems to be off in a hurry. If that concept art you posted earlier is any indication, she's heading for the Falcon.

Maybe she got entangled in something she shouldn't have?

Could be. I think Ridley retreats to the Falcon in the teaser scene proceeding. She seems to be off in a hurry. If that concept art you posted earlier is any indication, she's heading for the Falcon.

Maybe she got entangled in something she shouldn't have?

She's more than likely Han's kid so yeah probably.

Moff

for some reason, I find han solo flying risky maneuvers in the falcon, escaping tie fighters and yelling pretty dumb. I would have rather seen him in a new role befitting his age. a general on a capital ship or something like that.

I'm really interested in the role of serkins, though, that voice surely sounds old, powerful and evil. so probably again a complete cgi role. who is this gravedigger? maybe an ancient sith lord, digging up sith lord bodies to harness their power or even revive them?

bane is canon now after his appearance in CW, right? was he mentioned in the TPM novel or only the rule of two? I just found it odd how random he appeared at the end of CW, although I think it's very unlikely that there is a connection between CW and episodeVII

for some reason, I find han solo flying risky maneuvers in the falcon, escaping tie fighters and yelling pretty dumb. I would have rather seen him in a new role befitting his age. a general on a capital ship or something like that.

One of the rumors said he is a general on a Star Destroyer.

Top Bottom