• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Aurongel

If there's no leaked information about it at this point then I'm just going to assume it's going to be incredibly short and only have a few vague shots with a title attached to the end.

I hope I'm wrong but the GAF disappointment will be delicious.

Daft_Cat

If there's no leaked information about it at this point then I'm just going to assume it's going to be incredibly short and only have a few vague shots with a title attached to the end.

I hope I'm wrong but the GAF disappointment will be delicious.

This is basically already confirmed, isn't it? No one's expecting anything more than a couple of character shots and maybe something like a brief tease of the falcon.

If there's no leaked information about it at this point then I'm just going to assume it's going to be incredibly short and only have a few vague shots with a title attached to the end..

There's been leaked information. The two descriptions most people seem to be buying are this

http://badassdigest.com/2014/11/17/what-will-the-first-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-contain/

and this

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/shot-run-star-wars-force-awakens-teaser/

Both of which generally describe the same sort of thing.

Metalmarc

Slightly OT but I wonder if this is a genuine image for Battlefront or fanmade seen it on a random site called : movie pilot

Edit: nevermind looks like they took it off deviant art

battlefront-watch-star-wars-episode-vii-teaser-here-plus-star-wars-battlefront-2015-gameplay-predictions-teasers.jpeg

RyanDG

The new “Sith” is also revealed. He has a cross-beam lightsaber and the beam is a bit wilder and more super-charged than your normal lightsaber.

I have a feeling this is going to be repeated a lot in the build up to the movie...

He's like Darth Vader but SUPER CHARGED!

He's like a Jedi but SUPER-CHARGED!

It's like the Falcon but SUPER-CHARGED!

Cheebo

Banned
I have a feeling this is going to be repeated a lot in the build up to the movie...

He's like Darth Vader but SUPER CHARGED!

He's like a Jedi but SUPER-CHARGED!

It's like the Falcon but SUPER-CHARGED!

The last two definitely are not true. Based on all rumors/leaks/etc the Jedi never moved on past Luke and he remains the last Jedi and the Falcon is literally the Falcon. No "new" Falcon.

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope iTunes has it in 4K :3

Though that would be a first I think?

tip for tomorrow: while you can watch apple trailers at http://trailers.apple.com, if you open iTunes, go to Movies and then click Theatrical Trailers you can browse trailers from there... not only that, but for each trailer there is a DOWNLOAD LINK! which adds the trailer to your itunes library. For free, of course. You can download in a high-bitrate 1080p... much better than youtube (well, unless youtube adds a 4K version)

Anyway, the iTunes .mov trailer that you'll download through iTunes has no DRM... so you can open it in any player, unlike a lot purchased iTunes content.

That's why I said "basically doesn't exist". Everything we know and love about the Old Republic era is gone.

So yeah they could do an old republic film which wouldn't resemble what we know as the Old Republic. So... *shrug*
Which is a shame because the SWTOR trailers would've made great short films. Such amazing quality.

Kettch

Eh, I wouldn't say the Old Republic era is gone. At any time going forward they could choose to keep it wholesale. It's not like the post-RotJ EU, where it would conflict with new content.

Unless I'm missing something, those two descriptions seem pretty wildly different...

generally was a pretty specific word choice, man :)

they're not so different conceptually. One's just more detailed than the other, likely because the guy writing the first isn't as concerned about spelling out all the details when he reports on Star Wars, while the guy writing the second is all about that.

hokahey

generally was a pretty specific word choice, man :)

they're not so different conceptually. One's just more detailed than the other, likely because the guy writing the first isn't as concerned about spelling out all the details when he reports on Star Wars, while the guy writing the second is all about that.

But the descriptions are nothing alike. Nothing.

But the descriptions are nothing alike. Nothing.

Nothing?

Just wanna make sure we're clear on the degree of disagreement.

The first one sounds like some vague, gauzy "it's basically just the characters" you'd hear from someone who doesn't give that much of a shit, filtered through a guy who doesn't want to give away too much.

The second one sounds like some much more detailed shit from a guy who cares a hell of a lot, filtered through a guy who cares even more than the first guy. There's bullet points and everything.

The general concept is the same. Quick glimpses of not much outside of basic character introductions over music. Ergo:

BobbyRoberts said:
Both of which generally describe the same sort of thing.

I mean, words mean things, yunno? I didn't say they were identical, or even that they were describing the same trailer. Just that the concepts shared between the two aren't that different at their core.

prag16

Banned
We see John and Daisy. No original cast. We hear JW music. We see the Falcon.

They're the same from a general purpose, which is what Bobby was saying.

They don't specify "no original cast" in the first one. I took "main leads" to include the original big three, because they allegedly have a significant role (if not the complete central focus), no? If they're trying to bring about a hype explosion, showing at least a glimpse of some combination of the big three seems logical (though I guess not mandatory).

No need to get all condescending about it (not you, the other guy), saying stuff like "herp derp words mean things". -_-

prag16

Banned
The original three aren't the main leads, though.

Herp derp.

(I wasn't being condescending but I can fuckin' do that if you'd rather.)

If there's no conceivable way that "main leads" has any chance of including the original big three (claimed to have "significant" roles) then fine, my bad. However...

I mean, words mean things, yunno?

..If that's not you being a wise ass, then I don't know what is. Actually I do, your latest post. Way to raise the level of discourse.

Way to raise the level of discourse.

I'm usually pretty good at it, in fact.

One of the better ways to keep the discourse at a decent level is to not do things like refer to the people you're directly discussing as "that other guy," as if you can't just scroll up, or like you hadn't already directly quoted me in the first place. It's some facetious passive-aggressive bullshit.

I mean, if you're going to parse my words, at least read the motherfuckers.

herp derp.

prag16

Banned
I'm usually pretty good at it, in fact.

One of the better ways to keep the level of discourse on the level is to not do things like refer to the people you're directly discussing as "that other guy," as if you can't just scroll up, or like you hadn't already directly quoted me in the first place. It's some facetious passive-aggressive bullshit.

herp derp.

You and the other, other guy knew who I was talking about. If you consider that something which implies a patronizing attitude, fine. But you can't deny multiple usages of a patronizing tone, by you.

But whatever, this is a silly argument. I already admitted I'm wrong if we're sure the original big three definitely can't be considered "main" characters in episode 7. Are you going to accept that, or are you going to continue posting "herp derp"?

prag16

Banned
I do! Thanks :)

No shit.

+7 internets for Bobby "the other guy" Roberts.

I think we'd all be a lot happier if they had a single image of Luke in this trailer. The thirst is killing us. :(

This is why I assumed Luke and/or Han and/or Leia would be involved in the teaser even if to some tiny degree. Because that's what will cause the most buzz. But I guess it wouldn't be a shock if they wanted to keep that close to the vest.

Man, that iTunes trailer thread is crazy right now because the trailer didn't release at midnight. Even though, you know, there was no specified time

Top Bottom