• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

for some reason, I find han solo flying risky maneuvers in the falcon, escaping tie fighters and yelling pretty dumb. I would have rather seen him in a new role befitting his age. a general on a capital ship or something like that.

I'm really interested in the role of serkins, though, that voice surely sounds old, powerful and evil. so probably again a complete cgi role. who is this gravedigger? maybe an ancient sith lord, digging up sith lord bodies to harness their power or even revive them?

bane is canon now after his appearance in CW, right? was he mentioned in the TPM novel or only the rule of two? I just found it odd how random he appeared at the end of CW, although I think it's very unlikely that there is a connection between CW and episodeVII

There was a rumor that Darth Plagueis was in the movie...

MattyG

Banned
I think all the people guessing (and hoping) that the sith is Revan are going to be very disappointed.

The only way I can see previous sith lords returning is this; the guy we're seeing is a wanna-be sith, played by Adam Driver, just as people have guessed before. He is trying to find a way to resurrect (or "awakening") prominent sith lords, and taking tokens from their graves or shrines in the process. He succeeds, but is discarded by them once they are resurrected due to them not deeming him a "true" sith. He then turns on them and attempts to join the rebels (begrudgingly), which is why we've seen pictures of him in an X-Wing fighter suit.

Of course, there is no chance in hell any of this will happen, much less in one movie. It also would make no sense as he would abolutely try to resurrect Vader, but Vader wouldn't be on the Dark Side anymore. He'd have to join the rebels, which would be bizzare and I can't see happening. This guy is going to be a genuine threat probably, and "awakening" isn't implying the resurrection of any previously seen characters like Revan.

iosefe

This guy is going to be a genuine threat probably, and "awakening" isn't implying the resurrection of any previously seen characters like Revan.

i still have hope for that though, technically he isn't dead yet, since he has a whole new expansion coming. we will probably have some idea after that depend on the ending of it

Moppeh

Banned
I think all the people guessing (and hoping) that the sith is Revan are going to be very disappointed.

The only way I can see previous sith lords returning is this; the guy we're seeing is a wanna-be sith, played by Adam Driver, just as people have guessed before. He is trying to find a way to resurrect (or "awakening") prominent sith lords, and taking tokens from their graves or shrines in the process. He succeeds, but is discarded by them once they are resurrected due to them not deeming him a "true" sith. He then turns on them and attempts to join the rebels (begrudgingly), which is why we've seen pictures of him in an X-Wing fighter suit.

Of course, there is no chance in hell any of this will happen, much less in one movie. It also would make no sense as he would abolutely try to resurrect Vader, but Vader wouldn't be on the Dark Side anymore. He'd have to join the rebels, which would be bizzare and I can't see happening. This guy is going to be a genuine threat probably, and "awakening" isn't implying the resurrection of any previously seen characters like Revan.

I know you aren't serious about any of that but I just want to clarify that the X-Wing pilot is definitely Isaac.

Waldini

If Luke turns out to be the bad guy in this movie I will fucking walk out the theater. You aint gonna pul that shit J.J!

That being said...

What if its Lukes own voice? I mean, Hammil is a pretty good voice actor.

Great teaser... hot damn.

MattyG

Banned
I know you aren't serious about any of that but I just want to clarify that the X-Wing pilot is definitely Isaac.
Oh I'm absolutely not serious at all.

I thought there was a picture of the set a while back where Adam Driver was walking around in a pilot uniform? I'm gonna have to go find it again. You're probably right, my mistake.

Edit:
adam__span.jpg
This one. Was it confirmed to be Isaac? Definitely looks like Driver's build, but I remember that no one could really tell for certain at the time.

Moppeh

Banned
So we are probably looking at three core villains, right?

It seems to me that Driver is the Grave Robber, a wannabe Sith who is highly force sensitive and is looking for Sith artifacts for some sinister purpose.

Then either von Sydow or Serkis is another Sith. Probably some crazy powerful Sith Lord that is pulling Driver's strings and making him follow the Sith Lord's bidding.

And then the other one would probably be some Thrawn-like general/military leader bad ass who is still trying to keep the Empire going strong and may or may not be affiliated/involved with the Sith.

That's the vibe I'm getting from watching the trailer and looking at the leaked concept art for the first time today.

Am I way off base? I haven't been following this thread very much, so I've probably missed some rumors that point in other directions.

I thought there was a picture of the set a while back where Adam Driver was walking around in a pilot uniform? I'm gonna have to go find it again. You're probably right, my mistake.

Yeah, I haven't really been following much of the news, so maybe there is set pics of Driver in a uniform. But as a guy who is a big Oscar Isaac fan, that looks a lot like Isaac to me.

EDIT: Oh shit, maybe Driver is a good guy then, or becomes one, or maybe becomes a villain. It really looked like Driver was the villain in the trailer since I don't think Sydow or Serkis has that sort of frame.

MORE EDITS: If that's Driver, then he definitely has facial hair and can't be the pilot in the trailer, 'cuz it looks like Driver is sporting a mustache in that pic.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

There was, he was spotted on the Yavin set in uniform.

Vire

I'm kinda surprised that the teaser only has 2 million views. Thought Star Wars had more pull than that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm kinda surprised that the teaser only has 2 million views. Thought Star Wars had more pull than that.

Considering that the official released trailer is from Apple, and the trailer site tanked earlier today, the views are probably a ton higher.

From the official Star Wars YouTube page? That's just some random movie broadcaster.

The SW page can't be right then. There's no way a reupload from some other Youtube channel has more than the official one.

Let's check the numbers later, something isn't right

Vire

The SW page can't be right then. There's no way a reupload from some other Youtube channel has more than the official one.

Let's check the numbers later, something isn't right
YouTube can be screwy with updating page views, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. But still, the trailers been out the whole day now and only 2 million on the official page?

Kinda weak sauce.

Also, remind me to never read YouTube comments again. I am just baffled by the amounts of racism allowed on that site.

Tookay

for some reason, I find han solo flying risky maneuvers in the falcon, escaping tie fighters and yelling pretty dumb. I would have rather seen him in a new role befitting his age. a general on a capital ship or something like that.

Devin Faraci on BadassDigest said that he and Chewie are flying a Super Star Destroyer.

Moff

I dont think the "old sith" theory is that far off. the villains name is gravedigger (although thats not necessarily driver) and we have seen vaders remains. I think it's a good guess that the movie will be about digging up sith burial grounds. of course it won't be revan.
and about driver in the x-wing, I think he might also be a "mole" or hiding in plain sight, like palpatine. and about vader being light side now, it might very well be possible that this gravedigger can somehow control the old sith ghosts. actually that's pretty much the storyline of the sith inquisitor in the MMO Star Wars The Old Republic.

MattyG

Banned
I dont think the "old sith" theory is that far off. the villains name is gravedigger (although thats not necessarily driver) and we have seen vaders remains. I think it's a good guess that the movie will be about digging up sith burial grounds. of course it won't be revan.
and about driver in the x-wing, I think he might also be a "mole" or hiding in plain sight, like palpatine. and about vader being light side now, it might very well be possible that this gravedigger can somehow control the old sith ghosts. actually that's pretty much the storyline of the sith inquisitor in the MMO Star Wars The Old Republic.
Yeah, I was mostly joking when I typed most of this out, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see similar stuff to this. I don't think they'll straight up resurrect characters, because people would probably complain about it being a cop-out, but I think we will see old characters in one form or another. And if they did straight up resurrect characters, (which, again, I don't think will happen) how cool would it be to have a raised Vader fight for the light side alongside Luke?! It would be a bit fan- fictiony, but I wouldn't necessarily object!

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the rumor about Sheamus playing Vader? What ever came of that? Was it a joke or legit?

Moff

Yeah, I was mostly joking when I typed most of this out, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see similar stuff to this. I don't think they'll straight up resurrect characters, because people would probably complain about it being a cop-out, but I think we will see old characters in one form or another. And if they did straight up resurrect characters, (which, again, I don't think will happen) how cool would it be to have a raised Vader fight for the light side alongside Luke?! It would be a bit fan- fictiony, but I wouldn't necessarily object!

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the rumor about Sheamus playing Vader? What ever came of that? Was it a joke or legit?

If I remember correctly that was legit and it will likely be a holocron or other kind of recording.
or maybe its undead vader.

prag16

Banned
I hope that's Revan's mask. And that his name is mentioned. Make KOTOR/TOR canon.

I didn't like their treatment of Revan in TOR. Granted I didn't play (or read up on) the Revan expansion they put out recently (EDIT: Just double checked, and it's actually not out yet; launches December 9th).

Lebron

I hope they bring in Gray Jedi (maybe Luke goes this path). A factionless force user would be a nice touch in the series.

Top Bottom