• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Cheebo

Banned
Does anyone have a link to the full set of spoilers?

These guys got EVERYTHING in the trailer dead on. If you want spoilers just dig into their The Force Awakens page. Nothing all on one page:
http://makingstarwars.net/

I thought The Empire was disbanded and a New Republic emerged? From what I read in the wiki. Is Luke going to be relatively young in this one?

Luke is played by Mark Hamill. This movie takes place over 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Everything in the wiki is no longer relevant, that was based on the books which don't count in the film series.

These guys got EVERYTHING in the trailer dead on. If you want spoilers just dig into their The Force Awakens page. Nothing all on one page:
http://makingstarwars.net/

Luke is played by Mark Hamill. This movie takes place over 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Everything in the wiki is no longer relevant, that was based on the books which don't count in the film series.

EU was officially removed from canon. The only canon stuff is now episodes 1-6, a book, and the two recent animated TV shows.

I feel sorry for everyone who invested their time and money in those things. So none of the games are cannon either, like The Old Republic?

Moff

I feel sorry for everyone who invested their time and money in those things. So none of the games are cannon either, like The Old Republic?

canon was always heavily discussed in the star wars community, and the highest level of canon was always the movies (and their officials novels), so personally I dont think anything changed.
it was also always clear to me that future movies would not respect the books, comics and games. that would have been terrible, I dont want to deal with palpatine clones or the aftermath of darkside luke or anything. but I do admit it's weird to adjust to an alternate universe where apparently the empire was not defeated and seems to still be in charge. but I am actually quite eager to see what officially happened in those 30 years and what kind of setting we will see.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Disney wants to make a clean break from most of the pre merger EU, so I doubt there will be references to KOTOR.

EDIT: what Visceral said.

Cheebo

Banned
In every franchise like this be it Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who...etc you invest into the expanded material of books/comics/etc at your own peril. Because the movies/tv shows will never hold themselves to what happened in that material.

So I'm guessing the rebellion is still going on then obviously? I know about the eu retcon but I noticed the x-wing pilot still had the old rebel alliance emblem on his helmet and uniform.

Also is it me or did those x-wings look a little bit more raggedy than usual?

kingocfs

KOTOR 1 and 2 were wiped from canon, there cant be a third one.

iGJurmBJnguWe.gif

Mariolee

Reposting a bit of speculation from the other thread since this is a bit spoiler heavy.

The second tie fighter is shooting at the first one not at the falcon.
Wait. What?

Possible spoiler
Boyega helping the Falcon? Perhaps this takes place right before Boyega gets shot down by another Stormtrooper and leads to the scene in the beginning of the trailer.

Thanks to TheKaeptain's point of speculation if the Millenium Falcon shot really has that one TIE fighter shooting at the other one to help the Falcon.

I think that hand floating rumor by Devin is going to be fake. We'll see a planet after the scroll and two tie fighters fighting as they head towards it.

MattyG

Banned
Reposting a bit of speculation from the other thread since this is a bit spoiler heavy.

Thanks to TheKaeptain's point of speculation if the Millenium Falcon shot really has that one TIE fighter shooting at the other one to help the Falcon.
I think that's definitely what's going on there. I thought it was a bit weird that they were in such a tight formation.

I think that hand floating rumor by Devin is going to be fake. We'll see a planet after the scroll and two tie fighters fighting as they head towards it.
Is this the rumor about Luke's lightsaber falling to the planet and Ridley's character finding it? Or is this a new one?

Why?

It's not like the books disappear off the shelf or the games cease to exist, never to be played again.

Shit's all fictional. None of it happened. It only "counts" as much as you want it to count. If you liked it - count it.

I just recently read "I, Jedi" for the first time a couple months ago - after I knew it didn't "count." Didn't change my appreciation of it any. (It was just okay at best)

Yeah, I believe that was the rumor. I don't even think that rumor is legit anymore, but that's just a guess on my part.

The rumor was just that the first thing we see is the hand clutching the lightsaber, as it tumbles towards a planet. I believe that was the entirety of it. I don't remember if he said that was all we see, or that we actually follow the hand through the atmosphere. It's entirely possible that hand and the lightsaber are then followed by some debris, and the remains of a ship, and then the Falcon blasts into view, followed by two TIE fighters... and then we follow THOSE guys down to the planet.

iosefe

i still feel good about Revan, just looking at the leaked image. whether they keep what they're doing in TOR canon or not, it's just pleasent to see him,

Driver could pass for him if he bulked up slightly

i still feel good about Revan, just looking at the leaked image. whether they keep what they're doing in TOR canon or not, it's just pleasent to see him,

Driver could pass for him if he bulked up slightly

It's not going to be Darth Revan. They might use imagery similar to his, or maybe even his name (though I doubt it) but the character will be different. Anyone/Anything that makes it out of the old EU and into the canon will essentially be a "rebooted" version of whatever that thing was.

They've already kinda done this once with Darth Bane in Clone Wars.

I still don't believe the hand rumor. Of course, I'll probably end up being wrong like the light saber hilt deniers.

That story initially hit with the same glut of leaks/rumors that have mostly been proven true by this trailer. I think there's a good chance.

It could also be that they decide to just use the saber as opposed to a mechanical hand clutching it. My hope is that they push in so close on the Saber that nobody even knows what the fuck it actually is until the camera keeps pulling back and we realize how small it is - and THEN the big surprise when the Falcon (or another ship) goes swooping past it at full speed.

Cheebo

Banned
But with a name like Grave Digger dude's gotta be reviving someone.

Unless that's just a nickname we gave him.
It's a nick name. Rumors been more about him going after ancient sith artifacts. A grave robber.

Also why would he revive Vader? Do people forget Vader ended up being a good guy who saved the day in the end? a revived Vader wouldn't want to help the bad guys

B.K.

Also why would he revive Vader? Do people forget Vader ended up being a good guy who saved the day in the end? a revived Vader wouldn't want to help the bad guys

Do people know he turned back to the light side? Did Luke tell anyone besides maybe Leia?

It's a nick name. Rumors been more about him going after ancient sith artifacts. A grave robber.

My only guess is a revived Vader with the spirit of some other older Sith? Palpatine? But in that case, why choose a crippled body like Vader? Maybe his crispy dead corpse still has more midichlorians? lol

inm8num2

I think there was a shot of Driver in a rebel pilot uniform a few months ago. If authentic, I wonder how it will fit into the character he's playing.

I still think they are both going to be Jedi.

Also, is the girl still the only new character confirmed to have signed on for all three of the movies?

Top Bottom