• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Starkster

Neo Member
For me:

Savage and Maul vs Palpatine
Anakin and Obi Wan vs Dooku
Dooku (poisoned) vs Ventress and her Nightsisters
Maul and Savage vs Obi Wan and Ventress
Maul vs Visla
Ashoka vs Grievous
Clone Troopers vs Krell
Quinlen Vos and Obi Wan vs Cad Bane
Mace vs Mother Talzin

There's alot more I can't think of at the moment. I'm planning on rewatching the whole series once I get the Lost Missions on Bluray.

There's also the Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars, which had some cool fights.

Obi-Wan vs Durge
Anakin vs Asajj Ventress
Grievous vs Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Jedi Knights and ARC Troopers
Shaak Ti, Roron Corobb and Foul Moudama vs Grievous
Captain Fordo vs Super Battle Droids (doesn't count I know, but it's still cool)
Mace vs Grievous (probably doesn't count either, just crushed his vital organs)

Marvel

could never
If you are on about my post then yeah it does. It would be a great twist.

Though I liked your idea I meant the Jedi Hunters existence and plans plus Luke's fight for 30 years and being exhausted in desperate need of help.

Heh I cracking up at that, cause I just saw the fight between Obi Wan vs Anakin from Ep III again, and god did it look so bad for the most part cause of those reasons. There was also a lack of weight with many of the impacts of the two sabers. I hope lightsaber fights in this upcoming trilogy will have less of that.

One thing I did like about the fight in Episode 3 is that while it looks like they are fighting stupidly, besides a few moves its all Anakin.
He is fighting in a blind rage 90% of the fight just randomly swinging his lightsaber around, meanwhile Obi-Wan is playing defense the entire fight.

I think had they just cut that weird twirl move, maybe completely cut the falling bridge thing entirely and have Anakin's lava droid been another moving platform like Obi-Wan's.
I would be perfectly fine with that fight.

Daemul

What's the best lightsaber/force fight from the Clone Wars and other cartoons?

Darth+Sidious+and+Darth+Maul+fight+gif.gif

McBryBry

I haven't watched Clone Wars, so I can't comment on Maul coming back in that. But I think he should've survived in Episode I. Giving Obi-Wan a subplot of hunting down his master's killer would've worked out REALLY well for the next movie, I feel.

It would've made Attack of the Clones less....well. Bad.

Obi-Wan vs Durge
Anakin vs Asajj Ventress
Captain Fordo vs Super Battle Droids (doesn't count I know, but it's still cool)

I enjoyed the 2d Clone Wars. But I am a bigger fan of the 3d Clone Wars. I just wasn't really a fan of the way it looked. I though Dave Filoni's Clone Wars looked better, and was much more fun to watch.

UrbanRats

Obi-Wan vs Durge
Anakin vs Asajj Ventress
That shit was great.
This would be from what?

iosefe

I enjoyed the 2d Clone Wars. But I am a bigger fan of the 3d Clone Wars. I just wasn't really a fan of the way it looked. I though Dave Filoni's Clone Wars looked better, and was much more fun to watch.

plus the humanization of the clones as other than faceless cannon fodder. they had some of the best episodes

plus the humanization of the clones as other than faceless cannon fodder. they had some of the best episodes

Actually my favorite story arc is the story arc with the Clone Troopers and Krell. Such a fantastic and dark story. The action, twists, etc was amazing.

Edit

One of the other reasons why I love The Clone Wars tv show so much is how much they showed the clones as real people. The Clone Troopers being faceless cannon fodder was one of the few things about the Prequel movies I didn't like.

iosefe

Actually my favorite story arc is the story arc with the Clone Troopers and Krell. Such a fantastic and dark story. The action, twists, etc was amazing.

Edit

One of the other reasons why I love The Clone Wars tv show so much is how much they showed the clones as real people. The Clone Troopers being faceless cannon fodder was one of the few things about the Prequel movies I didn't like.

and the Domino Squad saga? Fives and his group. best clones ever

Daemul

3D Clone Wars redeemed the Star Wars universe for me. I had but given up on it until I watched the entire Clone Wars series over a matter of weeks earlier on this year. Brilliant series.

EDIT:There's people here who haven't seen The Clone Wars? Dafuq? o_O

Go watch it now you fools!

Cheebo

Banned
The Clone Wars redeemed Star Wars for me as well. After Revenge of the Sith I assumed the franchise was done and never coming back and I really didn't care anymore at that point. When TCW started going I ignored the news. I assumed it like the 2D series was a series that really "didn't count" in the larger scheme of things. However after realizing that this was not going to be the case. That TCW was being done as the real deal on equal footing with the movies I got curious. It started very very slow but man, by season 3 the show was firing on all cylinders. In the end it is the best thing in the entire franchise since Empire Strikes Back honestly. If I was to rank it (and Rebels so far) with the movies it'd be

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. The Clone Wars
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Rebels
6. The Phantom Menace
7. Revenge of the Sith
8. Attack of the Clones

WGMBY

Heh I cracking up at that, cause I just saw the fight between Obi Wan vs Anakin from Ep III again, and god did it look so bad for the most part cause of those reasons. There was also a lack of weight with many of the impacts of the two sabers. I hope lightsaber fights in this upcoming trilogy will have less of that.

I just re-watched ROTJ last night, the contrast between the amount of emotion in the Luke/Vader fight versus the Obi/Anikin fight is really noticeable. The ending of the ROTJ fight has Luke hammering Vader over and over again in his fury. That's what I'm hoping for in the new movies: A return to the emotional core that made the OT resonate, and less of ghee-whiz CGI and fight choreography.

Moff

I need to get around to watching this show, I don't have anything to do today I might watch The Clone Wars later.

it's worth it, it's clearly better than episodes 1 and 2 and it just got many things right the prequels did generally wrong. mostly the whole anakin character, one of my biggest problem with the prequels.

in the clone wars tv show, anakin is the man obi wan talks about in episode 4 when he tells luke about him, a great warrior and a good friend.

in the prequel movies, he is a dumb, spoiled brat.

Valhelm

contribute something
The current 4chan meltdown is insane. Several major boards are flooded by racist whining, and people from /pol/ are trying to rile up the entire website.

Akahige

it's worth it, it's clearly better than episodes 1 and 2 and it just got many things right the prequels did generally wrong. mostly the whole anakin character, one of my biggest problem with the prequels.

in the clone wars tv show, anakin is the man obi wan talks about in episode 4 when he tells luke about him, a great warrior and a good friend.

in the prequel movies, he is a dumb, spoiled brat.
I have to watch the movie first? It's on netflix I see, I assume it's like a pilot.

antonz

I have to watch the movie first? It's on netflix I see, I assume it's like a pilot.

Movie is really deceptive. It presents the show really badly which is why so many people never gave it a chance. Its overly childish compared to what the show would turn into. First 2 seasons were rough though they had their moments

Lmo911

Man, if the rumor that Plageus is the sith are true they need to drop the Sheev bomb!

"Emperor Palpatine? When I found him he was little more than a street rat named Sheev!"

Akahige

Movie is really deceptive. It presents the show really badly which is why so many people never gave it a chance. Its overly childish compared to what the show would turn into. First 2 seasons were rough though they had their moments
I don't mind, if I plan on watching the whole thing anyway, thanks for the info though, I'll watch few episodes after as well.

Top Bottom