• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

i still say that Driver can pass for Revan

Oh shit.

I don't think its Revan, but not just the helmet but the whole costume looks directly inspired by him for sure. Could even be his armor that this new character is wearing. Dude apparently loves relics, might as well wear them.

If it actually is Revan, I hope its an old, "why is he still alive?" Revan and not a new "born in the movie timeline" Revan. The fact he looks like nothing but cybernetics and corpse could lend credence to the former. But still, seems a stretch.

Sent

There is one episode about a tribe of hunters who capture people(including Jedi) to take to an island and hunt for "sport",
the episode centers around a group of younglings who have survived and been trapped there for a very long time.
They actually show one of said younglings getting shot directly through the chest on screen.

I remember the episode where they find Grievous' lair or whatever every single person dies except Kit Fisto.

iosefe

Oh shit.

I don't think its Revan, but not just the helmet but the whole costume looks directly inspired by him for sure. Could even be his armor that this new character is wearing. Dude apparently loves relics, might as well wear them.

If it actually is Revan, I hope its an old, "why is he still alive?" Revan and not a new "born in the movie timeline" Revan. The fact he looks like nothing but cybernetics and corpse could lend credence to the former. But still, seems a stretch.

assuming the Grave Robber character, i could believe he plundered the mask. i guess thats fine. i just really want to see the mask on the silver screen

RevDM

Banned
CQktaj7.gif

Look in the background.
Podracers.

Also someone earlier in the topic found the CV of an extra who claims to be playing a "Padawan" in the film.

i can't be the only one who thinks it looks like a soccer ball

51xhJpCHtAL.jpg

CD'S BAR

Likely the first 2 acts of the film spoiled on Reddit.

Read at your own risk:

http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2nyd64/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_possible/

The part that seems the most off to me is that Sydow is the grave robber and he is Kira's mentor. I guess it could work especially if he's not who he appears to be but why create a character that deformed and evil looking only to have him be friends with the protagonist?

Everything else sounds awesome though.

munchie64

The part that seems the most off to me is that Sydow is the grave robber and he is Kira's mentor. I guess it could work especially if he's not who he appears to be but why create a character that deformed and evil looking only to have him be friends with the protagonist?

Everything else sounds awesome though.
That's the main thing that threw me off too. I'm also a fan of the separate theory of the Sith in the trailer being the grave robber, obsessed with Sith artefacts and the like.

btrboyev

sydow ending up being Boba Fett would be interesting and it does make sense if they are doing a stand alone Fett film

iosefe

sydow ending up being Boba Fett would be interesting and it does make sense if they are doing a stand alone Fett film

that idea never crossed my mind, all things considered, it could work. except for the fact that
sydow
was
a Prequel Character that we would be surprised at.

btrboyev

i know he is. but wouldn't he have said also OT? or is it a fake out? he said it was a Prequel character and that to me rules out characters also in OT

inb4 Mace Windu

The OT is also a prequel, it says prequels. Anyway, it's obviously just one persons theory. Not sure who else would be of any significance from the prior movies.

Going from hunter to collector also would make sense, since he obviously got messed up.

i know he is. but wouldn't he have said also OT? or is it a fake out? he said it was a Prequel character and that to me rules out characters also in OT

inb4 Mace Windu

I thought Mace too but that's a pretty drastic change in voice for it to be believable. And Palpatine is OT too so like I don't think him and he said not Plageuis (if any of this is even true). It isn't Dooku or Maul. Qui-Gon makes absolutely no sense. Honestly can't come up with anyone who would be surprising yet plausible.

CD'S BAR

Dooku with a reattached cyborg head. Mace Windu would be funny but that guy that supposedly guessed the Force Awakens title back in 2012 or whenever also said the villain was going to be a cyborg Mace Windu so...

iosefe

The OT is also a prequel, it says prequels. Anyway, it's obviously just one persons theory. Not sure who else would be of any significance from the prior movies.

Going from hunter to collector also would make sense, since he obviously got messed up.

i think it's a safe bet that anytime the word prequels is used it's 1-3

but i guess i could believe it could be him, considering what happened to him.

CD'S BAR

This actually happened? Link?

The link is somewhere in this thread. I forget what forum it was. But the account had only two posts: one was the movie title (posted on December 18 2015, exactly 3 years from the now-known release date) and the other was about cyborg Mace Windu. Kinda weird...someone correct me if it's been debunked or something.

Guess I really need to watch TCW. I had seen part of the movie and the first few episodes of season 1, but that was enough to turn me off the show. The overly-dramatic openings didn't do it any favors either

Akahige

Guess I really need to watch TCW. I had seen part of the movie and the first few episodes of season 1, but that was enough to turn me off the show. The overly-dramatic openings didn't do it any favors either
It's kinda a fun watch so far for me, I'm only like 5 episodes in and I watch it for what it is.

Read at your own risk:

http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2nyd64/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_possible/
Should I just stop reading here?
The script, which is described as "too good for JJ Abrams"

The script, which is described as "too good for JJ Abrams"

Abrams wasn't the only person who worked on the script. You have Kasdan and some Lucas stuff there. Not to mention possible Michael Ardnt stuff.

iosefe

just a reminder that this guy says Plageius isn't palpatine's Master, and that Maul was never revitalized, things we know a true

iosefe

Yeah, then I'm definitely calling BS. This guys just guessing based on former leaks and the trailer.

that tacked on "also chewie has a robot arm" is also a bit of a red alert seeing as that conept art leaked a bit back and he is stating is as truthfact. it could be, but currently, it's just concept, and concepts change

My main beef is the description of Sydow's character and the art clashing. He sounds like a friendly uncle (or at least someone a young girl would feel ok living with) but the art looks super villainous.

Wark

Read at your own risk:

To be honest, it sounds like a bunch of stuff someone made up to go along with the leaked concept art. Although what I read was somewhat predictable, I think it still sounds interesting.

My main beef is the description of Sydow's character and the art clashing. He sounds like a friendly uncle (or at least someone a young girl would feel ok living with) but the art looks super villainous.

Yeah, that was the one thing that I found jarring as well. I definitely see the character being a villain rather than what the write-up portrayed the character as.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone else like going back and seeing the leaks that ended up being real, and the reactions to them at the time?

Hahaha, oh god. That looks so stupid. Zero chance of that being real.

Granted the face mask thing may change between now and release, but that cross-guard hilt and stormtrooper helmet stirred up a lot of people a few months ago.

Top Bottom