• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

munchie64

He's probably this dude
xnw3lRL.jpg
I'd say it's pretty clear the evil cyborg dude is supposed to be the gravedigger because he has Darth Vader's helmet.

Another interesting thing is that the flashback rumour we've heard before lines up with this one. It takes place on Endor according to it. When do you guys think that could potentially be set?

I'm wondering which character he's supposed to be tied to in the prequel trilogy.
This had been bugging me a bit too. I've watched the prequels a few times each and can't really think of anyone that could appear in the new trilogy. I mean, sure Yoda's ghost will probably be there and I guess technically you could say Luke and Leia were in the prequels, but no one who could really be this collector.

I suppose Boba is there and we never really see him die, but come on. We never really see Mace die either, but he would be wicked old. Commander Cody or something stupid like that? I don't know.

That part of the "spoilers" make it hard to believe.

Wark

I'd say it's pretty clear the evil cyborg dude is supposed to be the gravedigger because he has Darth Vader's helmet.

Another interesting thing is that the flashback rumour we've heard before lines up with this one. It takes place on Endor according to it. When do you guys think that could potentially be set?

Yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around where in the timeline the flashback is (probably around Return of the Jedi) and how it will fit into grand scheme of things. If the rumors are true, it'll be interesting to see how well Carrie Fisher's daughter plays Leia.

I'm guessing the flashback could take place during the battle of Endor with young Leia and the Ewoks (Warwick Davis is in the cast). Maybe Vader talks to her telepathically and we got some reveal then?

Going to what Christie's character is, I'm not super versed in all things Star Wars so here's a question that I'm sure gets asked a lot: can non-Force folk wield lightsabers?

Another question would be I have a co-worker I see on occasion super into the expanded stuff but other than Clone Wars and Rebels non of that will have any bearing on 7 onward, correct?

munchie64

Yeah, I was trying to wrap my head around where in the timeline the flashback is (probably around Return of the Jedi) and how it will fit into grand scheme of things. If the rumors are true, it'll be interesting to see how well Carrie Fisher's daughter plays Leia.
Yeah it's almost certainly during ROTJ, but how? Vader and Leia? Unless there are multiple flashbacks or it's like different POVs it sounds pretty crazy.
I'm guessing the flashback could take place during the battle of Endor with young Leia and the Ewoks (Warwick Davis is in the cast). Maybe Vader talks to her telepathically and we got some reveal then?
That's an interesting possibility.

120v

if the rumor is true that would make him in his 30s or 20s in the prequels, maybe his teens if he's a character from Episode 1. though if he's on life support with his cybernetics it's possible he was a tad older

other than that i got nothing

Tookay

Yeah no.

He's cramming some truth and concept art with his own fan fiction here.

The Max von Sydow stuff is all off-base. The first two art pieces are the gravedigger aboard a Star Destroyer... not an AT-AT. And the last one is in that castle (Luke's?) on Michael Skelling Island.

And I can't think of a single prequel character he could possibly be that would be a character any of the mass audience would care enough about to be a legitimate shock.

FeD.nL

Tagging it just to be sure, comments regarding the information in the reddit thread about Oscar Isaacs's character:

Oscar Isaac's character being related to Biggs is something I could see. And since Biggs was one of the most talented pilots in the rebellion it makes sense for Oscar Isaac's character to be as well.

Akahige

Yeah no.

The Max von Sydow stuff is all off-base. The first two art pieces are the gravedigger aboard a Star Destroyer... not an AT-AT. And the last one is in that castle (Luke's?) on Michael Skelling Island.

And I can't think of a single prequel character he could possibly be that would be a character any of the mass audience would care enough about to be a legitimate shock.
Oh yeah I totally agree, the only one from the concept art I can picture him being is the one I posted and that was just a guess.

I'm I weird for being a bit grossed out thinking that
Isaac's character will get with Ridley instead of Boyega's?
Dude is in his mid 30s....

Tookay

Oh yeah I totally agree, the only one from the concept art I can picture him being is the one I posted and that was just a guess.

I think your guess is pretty strong.

In any case, I don't expect MVS to have a huge role in these movies, as much as I originally liked the idea that he'd be some old Sith master or something.

Gambit

maybe they didn't want a black and white couple. OR they didn't want another Han Leia pairing, which the characters seem to resemble.

I am hoping for the trailer no later than May the fourth

FeD.nL

Yeah no.

Boba Fett

SoilBreak

Banned
maybe they didn't want a black and white couple. OR they didn't want another Han Leia pairing, which the characters seem to resemble.

I am hoping for the trailer no later than May the fourth

If that's the case, then why is Daisy getting with Issac whose character looks to be the ''Han'' of the new trio?

sphagnum

Banned
I don't think Isaac's is that instrumental.

I doubt they compiled the trailer to give focus on a minimal character. If Gleeson was going to be part of the main group of heroes or Nyongo or Serkis etc. then they'd have showed them instead. But the trailer was very particular about who and what it showed.

LastNac

I doubt they compiled the trailer to give focus on a minimal character. If Gleeson was going to be part of the main group of heroes or Nyongo or Serkis etc. then they'd have showed them instead. But the trailer was very particular about who and what it showed.

It also showed a lot of Stormtroopers but I doubt we will follow their each and every move.

Tookay

Boba Fett

Why refer to him as a "prequel" character, when we mostly know him as an OT character?

Plus the fact that MVS is a lot of things, but he doesn't exactly look Māori.

(Then again, I guess this is coming from the director who made Khan into a pasty white dude.)

sphagnum

Banned
Why refer to him as a "prequel" character, when we mostly know him as an OT character?

Plus the fact that MVS is a lot of things, but he doesn't exactly look Māori.

(Then again, I guess this is coming from the director who made Khan into a pasty white dude.)

If they do Boba Fett in the ST, I would be shocked if they didn't get Temuera Morrison. He's already a decade older, just give him a little bit of makeup to age him a bit more.

FeD.nL

The more I read and think about it, it really seems a possibility that Max von Sydow is playing Boba Fett.

- was in the prequels
- would drive audiences insane
- generates interest for the supposed Boba Fett spin-off
- creates an interesting dynamic between Kira/Han/Fett
- Kira hiding her identity would mean Fett does not know she's the daughter of his Carbonite package
- would need cybernetics after his ordeal with the Sarlaac
- is described as neither good nor evil, sounds like a Bounty Hunter

And seriously Boba Fett played by Max von Sydow would just blow my mind, though it just sounds to amazinf to be true....

Edit: apperently the leaked concept art of the supposed character Sydow is playing was marked Mandalorian

I'm hoping Abrams has noticed that the prequels were lacking in memorable dogfights and space battles and has thus given Isaac a main role as a pilot in order to remedy this lack.

sphagnum

Banned
I'm hoping Abrams has noticed that the prequels were lacking in memorable dogfights and space battles and has thus given Isaac a main role as a pilot in order to remedy this lack.

The fight in the ring over Geonosis and the Battle of Coruscant are pretty memorable.

Tookay

And seriously Boba Fett played by Max von Sydow would just blow my mind, though it just sounds to amazinf to be true....

I guess I hate it because it shrinks the universe even more, making it revolve around the same three or four characters. That already happened enough in the prequels.

If they do Boba Fett in the ST, I would be shocked if they didn't get Temuera Morrison. He's already a decade older, just give him a little bit of makeup to age him a bit more.

I'd prefer this honestly. He did a fine job. It's not like Fett has to emote much anyway.

sphagnum

Banned
The more I read and think about it, it really seems a possibility that Max von Sydow is playing Boba Fett.

- was in the prequels
- would drive audiences insane
- generates interest for the supposed Boba Fett spin-off
- creates an interesting dynamic between Kira/Han/Fett
- Kira hiding her identity would mean Fett does not know she's the daughter of his Carbonite package
- would need cybernetics after his ordeal with the Sarlaac
- is described as neither good nor evil, sounds like a Bounty Hunter

Edit: apperently the leaked concept art of the supposed character Sydow is playing was marked Mandalorian

It was marked "Montross". Max von Sydow is not going to play Boba Fett. This whole weird thing started because of a fake 4chan leaker saying that the cyborg guy that Kira knows is from the prequels. Don't pay attention to it.

Moff

Sydow as Fett would be terrible, no way.

but I seriously can't think of any memorable character from the prequels that could be Sydow.

unless of course they follow the rumor of the boba fett spin off that said boba fett would be killed and a new guy takes his place. then it would make sense. but then it wouldnt be a prequel character anymore. and that idea is pretty dumb by itself.

FeD.nL

With Isaac's character being supposedly named Darklighter as a surname do you guys think he is the son of Biggs. And with the rumors of a spinoff set during 3/4 involving the stealing of the Death Star plans that would perhaps open up the avenue for Biggs to makeman appearance.

sphagnum

Banned
With Isaac's character being supposedly named Darklighter as a surname do you guys think he is the son of Biggs. And with the rumors of a spinoff set during 3/4 involving the stealing of the Death Star plans that would perhaps open up the avenue for Biggs to makeman appearance.

Again, this is from the 4chan rumor. Don't bother putting any stock in that reddit thread (which is just rehashing the 4chan "leaker") because it became apparent that it was false when the "leaker" claimed that the Clone Wars show wasn't canon and that Plagueis wasn't Palpatine's master.

FeD.nL

Again, this is from the 4chan rumor. Don't bother putting any stock in that reddit thread (which is just rehashing the 4chan "leaker") because it became apparent that it was false when the "leaker" claimed that the Clone Wars show wasn't canon and that Plagueis wasn't Palpatine's master.

Ah ok, thanks. Time to just watch the teaser again then. I always let myself get hyped by these rumours.

munchie64

Well it would be like Han and Leia really lol

Edit: Also I'm not putting too much stock in the "leak", it's just something to discuss and is honestly a really good sounding plot, real or fake.

Tookay

Also, I'm not sure I can believe any rumor that has Driver as a rebel pilot who undergoes a fall and becomes a full-on cybernetic Sith bad guy trudging in the snow all over the course of one film. Oh, and he's Han and Leia's son. And Daisy Ridley's brother.

There's not enough time in one film to introduce all of that convincingly in one film, not with all the other character and story angles we're dealing with (Ridley, Boyega, Luke, Han, etc.).

munchie64

Also, I'm not sure I can believe any rumor that has Driver as a rebel pilot who undergoes a fall and becomes a full-on cybernetic Sith bad guy trudging in the snow all over the course of one film. Oh, and he's Han and Leia's son. And Daisy Ridley's brother.

There's not enough time in one film to introduce all of that convincingly in one film, not with all the other character and story angles we're dealing with (Ridley, Boyega, Luke, Han, etc.).
I don't think Driver is their son in this leak.

Tookay

I don't think Driver is their son in this leak.

You're right. My bad.

I guess in general my point is that my suspicions raise whenever I see this film introducing and fleshing out a million different characters at once, who all have clashing motivations.

There's going to be a breaking point where some people in the cast just aren't that integral to all three acts.

munchie64

Yeah, there are a lot of important characters in the leak. Obviously all the actors are gonna appear in the film one way or another, but the leak gives a lot of them big parts. Which makes things more complex than I see the script being.

Rootbeer

Banned
if you read the comments on the reddit 4chan post the most upvoted comment is an added theory about ridley's mentor actually being
Boba Fett

i like some of the details, even if it doesn't end up being true. I most definitely like that they are keeping the family dynamic included in the conflicts. if they end up going this way with han/leia's children then the EU influence is pretty undeniable. There's no way they aren't drawing some inspiration from a lot of it. Just hope they are really smart about what they cherry pick, because a lot of it is best left behind.

Top Bottom