• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Meowster

I tried to convince myself that my hatred of the PT was all because of the zeitgeist and that it wasn't really that bad. I sat down to watch TPM the other night and made it like 45 minutes in. It's just a bad movie.
We actually happened to watch it last night. I love the politics of it all with Padmé and Palpatine, the building of Obi-Wan as a character, and all of the lush locales and sets. The Tatooine part is just dreadful though. It's sad that the part that is supposed to be the crux of the entire saga (Anakin/Darth Vader's beginnings) is the most boring and drawn out part of the movie.

I don't think so, tbh. When the movie ended in my sold out theater everyone clapped, hooted and people were like "Star Wars is back!"

I think a lot of people went into Episode I thinking they were going to like it no matter what. I even heard a lot of excuses when I admitted that I thought it was shit.

"They are just building ground work."

"This is all build up, just wait."

It took awhile for people to come to terms with the fact that a Star Wars movie sucked.
Yup, I remember people saying, well the Clone Wars will be great cuz it'll be mostly fighting. Then we got, I don't like sand.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cross posting from the LEGO thread, please forgive me, but I believe you can see why.

Made Poe Dameron's X-Wing today to go with the previous OT X-Wing. Aside from the color they are much alike, but you can tell they have improved a lot on several points over the past years.

12322373_1149480898414876_9057877075104920875_o.jpg

So hyped.

Zeus7

Just a heads up for anyone who wants to avoid (potential) spoilers, Collider Jedi Council have put up a picture of what they say is Snoke on their latest Movie Talk. The image is on the video thumbnail so you may unwillingly run into it.

Cheebo

Banned
Just a heads up for anyone who wants to avoid (potential) spoilers, Collider Jedi Council have put up a picture of what they say is Snoke on their latest Movie Talk. The image is on the video thumbnail so you may unwillingly run into it.

It is 100% fake. It's fan art that they ran with.

Six new pics from Movie Jones. Most are different angles of what we've already seen but I love the one with Kylo, Hux and Phasma on a Star Destroyer.

image40.jpeg

image39.jpeg

image44.jpeg

image45.jpeg

image46.jpeg

image47.jpeg

Rootbeer

Banned
Chewbacca looks a little bit strange.

Look through some pics of Chewbacca on Google Images... it looks dead on, just the changes to the color of his fur is very apparent. And we aren't used to seeing Chewie real close up in a high res photograph. The older versions of his costume don't hold up too well up close so I think they tried to avoid that.

It looks better than the Episode III version, at the very least.

1-houston-texans-chewbacca_pg_600.jpg

Hagi

Chewie looks older and more dignified now. It's like he's thinking some deep as fuck thoughts and is about to lay some knowledge on you at any moment.

“RRRAARRWHHGWWR.”

Look through some pics of Chewbacca on Google Images... it looks dead on, just the changes to the color of his fur is very apparent. And we aren't used to seeing Chewie real close up in a high res photograph. The older versions of his costume don't hold up too well up close so I think they tried to avoid that.

It looks better than the Episode III version, at the very least.

1-houston-texans-chewbacca_pg_600.jpg

It still scares me.

Rootbeer

Banned
He only uses the best hair(fur?) products now that he's a hero!

Yeah something about him looks overly groomed which is a minor complaint that I have.

I dunno, I guess if I were entirely covered in fur like him I'd groom the shit out of myself too, but it still feels a bit overly done.

I don't mind people talking about spoilers in their podcasts but the Collider Jedi Council guys were real jerk with some of the leaked images, putting some of them on their video thumbnail.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're not previewing the movie, so i guess most critics won't get to see it until the 16th, like the rest of us.

Aiii

So not worth it
17th is the domestic release (7 PM the 17thto be exact).

I understand, but there are critics in the superior continent too, who get to see it next wednesday, along with the rest of us.

Sorry mate, I feel for you guys.

Risgroo

Booked my tickets for the 18th. Still feels absolutely unreal that we're this close.
Been working on the OT for the film. Thoughts?

Anyone know when the earliest you're allowed to post a film OT is?
On gaming side I think it's a day before, dunno if it's still a week for films.
OT looks great btw.
Are you going to take suggestions for the OT title?
Star Wars: The Force Awakens |OT| Chewie, we're home.
I won't accept anything else.

Rootbeer

Banned
Been working on the OT for the film. Thoughts?

Anyone know when the earliest you're allowed to post a film OT is?

for non gaming threads there is no strict rule but I think you should wait until Thursday evening (one week before the general opening) or even Friday.

Not many movie threads get enough posts to make an OT2 but I'd be worried that we could hit OT2 before the end of December. I wouldn't rush to put it up.

BFIB

A New Hope really does fit perfectly.

I think I'm going to start my rewatch this weekend. I may tackle this in Machete order for the first time.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'd throw my vote in for A New Hope. Very fitting, and somebody else pointed out we do already have 'Chewie; We're broke'

Rootbeer

Banned
Person seems to have good rep on the site where they are posting the 'review' (barely qualifies, since they don't mention much of anything about the contents of the film just a bunch of "dang it's good" moments), so maybe it's legit.

Sure would be nice if one of these early reviewers could validify that they have seen it like maybe give us a little detail in their commentary that only someone who has seen the film would know.

The majority's with A New Hope in here as well so I'll go with that. There's a few more adjustments to make to the OT, I'll probably put it up tomorrow.

Plus I have uni work to do.

Top Bottom