• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Cheebo

Banned
You think people here actually read the gaming side and its own little rules? None of that is OT applicable.

I say Star Wars GAF boycotts if someone who is completely absent from all non-gaming Star Wars jumps in and steals it on a silly technicality. I mean its the biggest thread for this movie and Wadium has been THE guy for this movie since day one.

You're a lot in the gaming side, so I guess that's why you had the opportunity one year ago to reserve the OT. But you contributed nothing so far in the TFA community. Wadium is the most informative member bringing a lot of interesting spoilers-free news on the movie (and I am sure he stumbled upon some unfortunate spoilers).
Every regular posters in here is siding with wadium because they think it would be a natural and well deserved continuation of what he has done so far.

And I really have no idea how the heck you can reserve an OT one year in advance, that's ridiculous. OTOT is designed for the kids in the gaming side, in Off-Topic we rely on plebiscite. There is no "first" bs policy like in the youtube comments.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You think people here actually read the gaming side and its own little rules? None of that is OT applicable.

I say Star Wars GAF boycotts if someone who is completely absent from all non-gaming Star Wars jumps in and steals it on a silly technicality. I mean its the biggest thread for this movie and Wadium has been THE guy for this movie since day one.
Movie OTs turn to shit anyway when the mainstream crowd jumps in anyway. Happened with every Marvel thread, will happen wih Star Wars, especially since there to many idiots on their crusade against the Prequels around and I dont want to waste time reading their nonsense.

Cheebo

Banned
Movie OTs turn to shit anyway when the mainstream crowd jumps in anyway. Happened with every Marvel thread, will happen wih Star Wars, especially since there to many idiots on their crusade against the Prequels around and I dont want to waste time reading their nonsense.

It's more that Wadium deserves it. He has been the guy leading the charge in all threads related to TFA for this movie. He is THE Star Wars guy here at GAF. It's crazy that someone who has no interest in talking about Star Wars outside of Old Republic threads in the gaming side comes in and does it on a silly gaming side technicality.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's more that Wadium deserves it. He has been the guy leading the charge in all threads related to TFA for this movie. He is THE Star Wars guy here at GAF. It's crazy that someone who has no interest in talking about Star Wars outside of Old Republic threads in the gaming side comes in and does it on a silly gaming side technicality.
This is also true

5D4exRP.gif

Someone tell me what's up, and when it's up, so I can throw up this spoiler thread.

Thanks!

Rootbeer

Banned
Dont laugh about this, Marvel Cinematic Universe OTs were reserved three years in advance :D

LOL, exactly. A year in advance is not that crazy here on GAF.

It is unfortunate awareness of the OT OT isn't as it should be but it's still the system GAF uses for these conflicts. So I'm glad you guys are combining efforts.

Like I said, I got burned before because I reserved an OT properly and was putting hard work into it only for someone to throw up an OT a few hours before mine was planned that had a similar amount of work put into it because THEY didn't read the OT OT either. Not gonna lie it was a bit crushing!

I don't want to see anyone else experience that so...

LNBL

Damn while scrolling FB i saw a link with someone about first 2 minutes being leaked? Staying the helllllllllllll away from that

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Damn while scrolling FB i saw a link with someone about first 2 minutes being leaked? Staying the helllllllllllll away from that

They screened 9mins in Sydney last night I believe

shingi70

Banned
High Noon on Jakku and the Crimson Corsarir short stories were pretty cool.

Really want a book series that focuses on the polticis of the New Republic and first order during the cold War.

You know, I'm staring to realize that the toughest Jedi/force user in the series is... Obi Wan Kenobi. I mean, Palpatine, Yoda and maybe Dooku are probably in the next tier up, but looking just at win/loss, Kenobi has the best resume. He beat Maul. He beat Grevious. He beat Anakin, and only lost the old timer's league rematch because he threw the fight. He beat Ventress. And he beat a variety of bugs and monsters and stuff in both live action and TCW.

The only one who really handed him an L was Dooku. I mean, sure, he'd probably be in trouble against Palpatine or Yoda, and Mace seems to be crazy powerful in TCW too. But the fact is, those fights never happened, and none of them got into the tangles Kenobi routinely did (and basically always won). Obi Wan gets knocked around a lot, but he always comes out on top.

Well it looks like I missed a ridiculous fight over OTs. I thought GAF had realised OT making isn't that big a deal after that kid that posted all the Marvel threads.

Anyway, 5 days to go here and I'm trying to distract myself with anything and everything else not Star Wars.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

I got a chance to look at the Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens today. Flipped through the whole thing. There are (surprisingly) no big spoilers in it. There is a lot of beautiful, beautiful art, though. And it's organized by which pieces of art were created in which months of production. So you can see the evolution of character designs and the like.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

I got a chance to look at the Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens today. Flipped through the whole thing. There are (surprisingly) no big spoilers in it. There is a lot of beautiful, beautiful art, though. And it's organized by which pieces of art were created in which months of production. So you can see the evolution of character designs and the like.

Can't wait to read through it. Have to wait for Christma though.

Can't wait to read through it. Have to wait for Christma though.

I was really surprised by how nice it is. I get disappointed by a lot of artbooks (the ones that seem to have more text than art), but I'll definitely be buying a copy of this when it drops next Friday. So many gorgeous pieces of art.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Any Snoke art?

sphagnum

Banned
SlashFilm has an overview of how the anthology films will fit into the franchise and differentiate themselves from the saga films.

Speaking of which, Kennedy also confirmed for SlashFilm that 1313 and Underworld are still alive, sort of, or at least that they want to integrate their concepts into the canon:

...thats an area we’ve spent a lot of time, reading through the material that he developed is something we very much would like to explore. And there was 1313 the game, where there was… Unbelievable. So our attitude is, we don’t want to throw any of that stuff away. It’s gold. And it’s something we’re spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-tv-show/

Descriptions, come on!

I'll spoiler it just in case anyone wants to go in blind.
His face kind of looks a bit similar in design to the Kaminoans (with smaller eyes), but the left half of his face is deformed.

I mean, he still looks mostly human, but his skull is a different shape. Smaller jaw than a human. The Kaminoans are the first thing that sprang to mind.

sphagnum

Banned
I'll spoiler it just in case anyone wants to go in blind.
His face kind of looks a bit similar in design to the Kaminoans (with smaller eyes), but the left half of his face is deformed.

I mean, he still looks mostly human, but his skull is a different shape. Smaller jaw than a human. The Kaminoans are the first thing that sprang to mind.

Did it mention if this was the final design or just one of the concepts? We know that Snoke went through a ton of different designs, including
one that was literally just a snake-headed guy in a kimono.

This description seems to match that of the
white faced alien that we saw as concept art in a background shot of one of the Making Of videos

Did it mention if this was the final design or just one of the concepts? We know that Snoke went through a ton of different designs, including
one that was literally just a snake-headed guy in a kimono.

This description seems to match that of the
white faced alien that we saw as concept art in a background shot of one of the Making Of videos

I didn't read the entire description beyond the bit that said it was Snoke.
Though it was toward the end of the book, meaning it was at least a near-final design. Though it was just two side-by-side headshots from slightly different angles.

kaiju

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Whoa. Hold on. How did you see the book, if you don't mind me asking?

This is huge. When you say
Snoke's left side of face is deformed, does it look like a burn or hole?

If you've seen the book, then the photos of him hitting the internet can't be that far behind.

I implore you to head over to the spoilers thread and tell us everything you've seen!

kaiju

Have a friend that works at a local bookstore. I swung by during my lunch hour today just to take a look.

Wow, it must be just now shipping out to retail. Means the soundtrack can't be that far behind either.

If you want to be king of the internet among Star Wars fans, go back and take a photo of Snoke. Come back and post it. Boom. Fame.

Top Bottom