• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

d1rtn4p

Wow at that Verizon ad. Everything just feels so different...That stormtrooper showing off, the dialogue, the slow-mo CGI-ish explosions. I'll be honest, the more I hear, the more I don't have the warm fuzzies. Just hoping that the overall story satisfies at this point.

Dat Rey side eye...step the fuck back, Solo.

rey-han-570x297.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wow at that Verizon ad. Everything just feels so different...That stormtrooper showing off, the dialogue, the slow-mo CGI-ish explosions. I'll be honest, the more I hear, the more I don't have the warm fuzzies. Just hoping that the overall story satisfies at this point.

That was horrible.

I feel like there has to be more to that bit than "random stormtrooper busts out baton, displays unheard-of combat skills". That said, if it is just that then at least I can appreciate the irony of Stormtroopers being shit at shooting at stuff but apparently have been masters at using melee weapons all this time.

Whats wrong with the dialogue? Sounds like typical Kasdan banter. Its great.

d1rtn4p

Whats wrong with the dialogue? Sounds like typical Kasdan banter. Its great.

Dunno if anything is wrong with it. Just seems different. It might just be striking me how old Harrison is now. Gone are his wits for wisdom, and I'm not sure it's going to work or not?

Dark Disciple... but I don't think it has other voices just the narrator is above average at imitating many voices. It does feature many Clone Wars characters, however. Plus like many recent audiobooks it has authentic star wars music, sound effects and the like. Good production as they attempt to make the audiobooks a lot like radio plays.

check out an audio sample on audible.

Thanks,
Yeah price is kinda steep and there looks to be loads on Audible so im trying to pick carefully.

So, hello Star Wars fans. I have an idea for an Avatar bet contest.

I call it the "Bad Feeling About This" Contest.

Basically, we all place bets as to which character in Force Awakens will say the iconic line. The winning group then gets to vote on an avatar theme for everyone else.

Thoughts?

Basically, we all place bets as to which character in Force Awakens will say the iconic line. The winning group then gets to vote on an avatar theme for everyone else.

Thoughts?

If Jar Jar was secretly in Force Awakens, and he said "Meesa gotta bombad feeling about dis...", would that count?

iosefe

Thoughts?

IN on Finn

MattyG

Banned
You're crazy, that was awesome. Love the dialogue. And the stormtrooper, eh, whatever. If I gave you a weapon like that you could probably twirl it like that (and we all know every one of us would try to look as badass as possible with it :p)

Am I the only one seeing this?

(speculation)
That's definitely Padme's grand daughter one way or the other.

(response to speculation)
People have been saying that since Daisy Ridley was cast.

(further speculation)
Just as people have been saying how much Adam Driver looks like a young Harrison Ford...

(absurd speculation)
So they're probably cousins.

You don't have to spoiler tag your speculation guys. Obviously spoilers are a no-go but if you're just guessing, I shouldn't worry about it. Otherwise it confuses people when people actually post spoilers, don't say its speculation and then others think it's fine to read.

As for Ridley, I'm confident she'll do a good job. Even if she isn't brilliant, Mark definitely wasn't in ANH and it was still great. I do have more confidence in Boyega. He's been excellent in everything I've seen in him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
No offense, but what are you even forming an opinion on in that clip? The only speaking acted scene in there is her saying "Get ready!" in the Falcon, which, was totally fine.

Im basing it not just on this but every clip ive heard her speak so far, it wont ruin the film for me, its just something that's bugging me generally as im overly anxious at the moment.

And the stormtrooper, eh, whatever. If I gave you a weapon like that you could probably twirl it like that (and we all know every one of us would try to look as badass as possible with it :p)
It's like nobody has seen Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Love the new clips. The dialogue, especially with Han has a nice clip to it.

Im basing it not just on this but every clip ive heard her speak so far, it wont ruin the film for me, its just something that's bugging me generally as im overly anxious at the moment.

How old were you when the PT hit theaters?

I can't understand how anyone old enough to form an actual thought out opinion on those films can be nervous about these movies? Star Wars was dead. It's lowest point was Attack of the clones. Honestly it may not win any oscars for acting but if we can get a competent action film shot in the Star Wars universe it's win.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How old were you when the PT hit theaters?

I can't understand how anyone old enough to form an actual thought out opinion on those films can be nervous about these movies? Star Wars was dead. It's lowest point was Attack of the clones. Honestly it may not win any oscars for acting but if we can get a competent action film shot in the Star Wars universe it's win.

Im not nervous about the film, I just question one persons acting, I have said many times prior I could be wrong but it does feel iffy.

And your analogy is basically "The prequels acting was bad so if this is competent you have no right to complain" is not one I care to deal with frankly.

Im not nervous about the film, I just question one persons acting, I have said many times prior I could be wrong but it does feel iffy.

And your analogy is basically "The prequels acting was bad so if this is competent you have no right to complain" is not one I care to deal with frankly.

I think Peter Mayhew comment is haunting you bruh.

Here's the thing, though. Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman were perfectly fine actors before George got a hold of them. I've got way more faith in J.J. than I did of prequel George. If Daisy's acting was rough, I'm sure J.J. worked to make it better. And if she was flat out awful, he ultimately could have recast, especially given Harrison's injury that derailed production for a while. I'm sure Daisy will be fine.

My only complaint so far about this movie is Rey. I really cant get warm with her... maybe im unfamiliar with female heroes. But i would rather have Finn as the main character :/

But anway, next week its finally happening :)

Cheebo

Banned
My only complaint so far about this movie is Rey. I really cant get warm with her... maybe im unfamiliar with female heroes. But i would rather have Finn as the main character :/

But anway, next week its finally happening :)
How are you unfamiliar with female heroes?

Top Bottom