• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Meowster

I was listening to the Return of the Jedi score and kinda realized that the Emperor's motif/theme is kinda one of the best of all time. So evil.

This is great. A collection of the creatures you'll see in the film. You can see some of the Maz Kanata concept art if you squint.

CV5oVEJXIAAqWAW.jpg:large

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is great. A collection of the creatures you'll see in the film. You can see some of the Maz Kanata concept art if you squint.

CV5oVEJXIAAqWAW.jpg:large

Maz is in one of the tv spots pretty clear, I think its the "All in" one if you freeze frame it, she looks...interesting

Not sold but intrigued

Bert409

Watching Phantom Menace for the first time in ten years...and a space camel just farted on Jar Jar. WTF was George thinking with this shit?

Watching Phantom Menace for the first time in ten years...and a space camel just farted on Jar Jar. WTF was George thinking with this shit?

He wasn't.

I have mixed feelings about TPM. It was certainly entertaining, but it doesn't really feel like it fits in with the other Star Wars movies.

WadeitOut

Someone on IMDB posted a picture from an upcoming children's book confirming the Han Solo+Freighter filled with Rathtar's leak.

Watched it tonight, actually isn't as bad as I remember but holy shit is it cramped with so much unnecessary or bad shit that just kills anything enjoyable about it.
After watching "what if Episode 1 was good" recently many of those points are dead on,
Obi-wan really should have been the focus with Padme second and Qui Gon right after.

I actually think they could have made a damn good prequel season of Clone Wars with most of whats there with Episode 1.
But as a movie it just doesn't work well.

Quick

Banned
Mentioned it on the TFA OT, but I'm already set to watch it twice. 17th and 18th. Looking to watch it in IMAX after Christmas when everything settles down more.

Welcome to the best OT on GAF.
Equal with the LEGO OT obviously.

If only we were as easy to find as Yoda on Dagobah. Hi!

Welcome, brother

5 Days
tumblr_m6tajr2cVF1qdcfc3o1_500.gif

Welcome to the dark side.
We have cookies

giphy.gif

I have been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember. I remember seeing Return of the Jedi on TV when I was a kid. I'm not sure when I first saw the films though. I was working at a Regal Cinemas when Revenge of the Sith came out. That was fun.

I had a printed copy of the script from Empire Strikes Back, but recycled it recently and I'm now feeling a bit of regret about that because it would have been nice to have.

Of course I'm looking forward to the Force Awakens a lot!

Gravidee

Is it just me or is anyone else a little disappointed in the alien designs this time around? Seems to just be one old, wrinkly fellow after another.

I don't remember the first time I saw Star Wars but I also don't remember a time without it. I was born in '84 and have an older brother that was old enough to see Jedi in the cinema. So I've grown up with his toys and videos of the movies taped off TV with the ads edited out lol. I took my Dad with me to Empire when it was re-released in '97 and that's one of the only movies I remember seeing with the old man. Special memories.

Needless to say, the next 3 days and 16 hours are going to drag. :)

Fj0823

So I guess that makes us the new gen of OT purists

We're already at that point, remember, this movie is fanfiction, the real George Lucas approved sequel is the Thrawn trilogy, this is just a rehash, kiddiefied cashgrab by Disney and it´ll probably be a musical.

The first I saw in cinemas was Clones when I was 9ish. Sith was the first time I was really waiting for a SW film. The wait for Jedi must have been unbearable.

Simo

Well shit why not - My history with Star Wars, or at least how I came across it that might be a long read but if you do read it all...Thanks! lol:
I saw the OT when I was 4 years old, around 1986, on Betamax while living in South Africa. lol Those movies coupled with seeing Mad Max 2, He-Man animated series, The A-Team, Knight Rider and Airwolf blew my fucking mind as a kid. Like the first things I would remember from then was the 20th Century Fox fanfare so when my sister rented ROTJ when it came out and left it at home for a surprise for me we got home from a family party, I popped it in right away knew with the fanfare it was a new Star Wars movie. lol

When our family moved back to England in '88 and we got our house all our furniture and stuff was still shipping over from South Africa so we stayed with family but I badly wanted to stay in our new house. So my sister begrudgingly agreed and with just a mattress on the floor and TV sitting on the Betamax player on the floor my first night in our house, where my dad still lives, was there watching Star Wars: A New Hope. lol

That Christmas I was in full on Star Wars mode and 6 years old. The only Star Wars toy I had was a old R2-D2 figure where the stickers on the side had peeled off and the blue paint for the eyes had rubbed off. So my parents went to every market, car boot sale (AKA yard sales) and what not to track down Star Wars toys because you couldn't find new ones at the time. I ended up with just about every ship, figure and playset from Kenner Toys with the Millennium Falcon being my favorite. So I spent Christmas playing with all my Star Was toys in our new house as ITV played The Empire Strikes Back...which is when I then discovered I had never seen that one!! LOL

I remember even around that time "Darth Vader" was at a petrol station doing photograph sessions and I got my photo with him and parents bought this Vader shaped shampoo bottle which still sits in the old house. lol

As I got older I got into Star Trek and stuff and with nothing happening with Star Wars I just kind of lost interest for the most part. Until the Special Editions came along. lol I got to see the OT in theaters on the big screen for the first time and from there I started following Star Wars a lot more and collecting here there pretty much up to and through the prequels. I won't lie, the prequels bummed me out to the point that I thought I was done with Star Wars since I never thought we'd see another trilogy and Lucas was done fucking everything up...but here we are and now with following The Force Awakens and 5 days away I keep thinking of those times 30 years ago and onward when I saw Star Wars for the first time as a kid and became a fan. And after all that time I'm getting a sequel to Jedi! Fuck yeah!! LOL

ghostmind

The first movie that I ever saw in a theatre was "Star Wars" in 1977, with my dad.

Now I'm looking forward to watching The Force Awakens on Thursday with my son.

Time is funny that way.

Posted this in the main SW OT thread...

I've seen every one of these at the theater.

1) ANH - in '77 at a drive-in lying in the back of my parents station wagon.
2) ESB - Dad got a bootleg on VHS weeks after it came out. I was neighborhood hero.
3) ROTJ - Mom took me out of school to see it with my best friend. Went with same best friends parents to see it again that night. Yes, the line was like the length of the shopping mall.
4) TPM - sat in line for 12 hours to get a good seat with my wife, only slightly regret it
5) AOTC - Easier to get into, lol.
6) ROTS - Went with friends, got pneumonia. :)

Also saw all the special edition releases in the theatre in the late 90s too.

Now I'm taking my own two sons to see it. So I'm kinda hyped. A bit.

Sayers

Well shit why not - My history with Star Wars, or at least how I came across it that might be a long read but if you do read it all...Thanks! lol:
I saw the OT when I was 4 years old, around 1986, on Betamax while living in South Africa. lol Those movies coupled with seeing Mad Max 2, He-Man animated series, The A-Team, Knight Rider and Airwolf blew my fucking mind as a kid. Like the first things I would remember from then was the 20th Century Fox fanfare so when my sister rented ROTJ when it came out and left it at home for a surprise for me we got home from a family party, I popped it in right away knew with the fanfare it was a new Star Wars movie. lol

When our family moved back to England in '88 and we got our house all our furniture and stuff was still shipping over from South Africa so we stayed with family but I badly wanted to stay in our new house. So my sister begrudgingly agreed and with just a mattress on the floor and TV sitting on the Betamax player on the floor my first night in our house, where my dad still lives, was there watching Star Wars: A New Hope. lol

That Christmas I was in full on Star Wars mode and 6 years old. The only Star Wars toy I had was a old R2-D2 figure where the stickers on the side had peeled off and the blue paint for the eyes had rubbed off. So my parents went to every market, car boot sale (AKA yard sales) and what not to track down Star Wars toys because you couldn't find new ones at the time. I ended up with just about every ship, figure and playset from Kenner Toys with the Millennium Falcon being my favorite. So I spent Christmas playing with all my Star Was toys in our new house as ITV played The Empire Strikes Back...which is when I then discovered I had never seen that one!! LOL

I remember even around that time "Darth Vader" was at a petrol station doing photograph sessions and I got my photo with him and parents bought this Vader shaped shampoo bottle which still sits in the old house. lol

As I got older I got into Star Trek and stuff and with nothing happening with Star Wars I just kind of lost interest for the most part. Until the Special Editions came along. lol I got to see the OT in theaters on the big screen for the first time and from there I started following Star Wars a lot more and collecting here there pretty much up to and through the prequels. I won't lie, the prequels bummed me out to the point that I thought I was done with Star Wars since I never thought we'd see another trilogy and Lucas was done fucking everything up...but here we are and now with following The Force Awakens and 5 days away I keep thinking of those times 30 years ago and onward when I saw Star Wars for the first time as a kid and became a fan. And after all that time I'm getting a sequel to Jedi! Fuck yeah!! LOL

I don't see any mention of TCW in there.

Simo

I don't see any mention of TCW in there.

TCW? The Clone Wars? That's because ignored it when it aired due to, stupidly, not digging the art style but I'm on season 3 right now and loving it!

I said it in one of the other Star Wars threads but the series does such a great job that I really don't want to bother with the prequels, especially AOTC, because of better developed Anakin is in the series.

Quick

Banned
Only Clone Wars I've seen is the Gennedy Tartakovsky version (Star Wars: Clone Wars). Couldn't get into The Clone Wars.

Top Bottom