• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

curb

Banned
Is Good Morning America done by 9 Eastern? I have an all day work thing starting at 9:30 and I want to see it before we get rolling.

I just finished TFA (for the 4th time, 1st on home video) and a thought occurred to me when Rey is looking for Luke at the end that she should have called his name a few times, like Aunt Beru did in ANH when we were first introduced to Luke. You know the whole poetry thing that everyone likes to make fun of. It would have been better than the complete silence between the characters that transpired for nearly a minute.

Calcium

Banned
I just finished TFA (for the 4th time, 1st on home video) and a thought occurred to me when Rey is looking for Luke at the end that she should have called his name a few times, like Aunt Beru did in ANH when we were first introduced to Luke. You know the whole poetry thing that everyone likes to make fun of. It would have been better than the complete silence between the characters that transpired for nearly a minute.

I'd actually prefer the silence. They weren't going to have Luke talk either way, so if Rey was calling out to him he'd look like even more of an ass if he just stood there silently. At least the current way the silence is mutual.

Edit: The argument could also be made that she didn't need to call out for him. The Force was probably guiding her right to him.

Well this has made going to sleep more difficult.

Z84Ef7r.gif

The Star Wars hype never ends.

That's hot.

I wonder how much of these 'Stories' will tie into the sequels. Some more information about the New Republic/Resistance and First Order would be nice.

I'd actually prefer the silence. They weren't going to have Luke talk either way, so if Rey was calling out to him he'd look like even more of an ass if he just stood there silently. At least the current way the silence is mutual.

Edit: The argument could also be made that she didn't need to call out for him. The Force was probably guiding her right to him.

Well, they did what they did. Clearly if my suggestion was done that scene would have more differences than just Rey saying his name. Anyway, the silence is okay because there is music, but it's ridiculous when you think about it what it is really like. She literally holds the lightsaber up for 30 seconds as they stare at eachother.

If the Force was guiding them, and of course it was, Luke could have done the decent thing and met them at their landing site. That's a precarious place to travel. They probably also saw where Luke was as they approached the island.

I have my issues with the ending (it's such a LOST thing to do) but I don't really care that much, it's fine and this was just a thought that occurred to me.

iosefe

Jyn Erso is a stone's throw away from Jan Ors, and there is a vageuly Kyle Katarn-esque looking character

if it turns out Jyn is like, 23-24, and comes from Alderaan, we will know it is truely happening

GAMEPROFF

Banned
dark forces of....what

fuck is happening
Play the Jedi Knight games, the second one is amazing and cheap on steam

i feel like im missing something here
People wanted Jan Orse and Kyle Katarn in the movie from begin with, since they are beloved charCters from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, whose have atleast in the first game the same plot (steal th plans for the deatshtar) like this movie.

but that cover looks so wack

are they the dark forces?

they look kinda bumbly tbph

The story's pretty similar. Jyn's essentially in the role of Kyle. Wonder if the Empire killed Jyn's parents when she was a kid as well.

He soon became a mercenary and, due to his hatred of the Empire for killing his parents, he began to take on jobs from the Rebel Alliance. Dark Forces begins with Katarn being recruited by the Rebel Alliance to recover the plans to the Death Star, a heavily armed space station capable of destroying an entire planet.

curb

Banned
Between the Rebels finale, TFA Blu-ray release and the Rogue One trailer, I'm in Star Wars awesomeness overload. Love it. I was tentatively looking forward to Rogue One but that trailer definitely got my attention. Any initial concerns about spin-off movies has been relieved.

Also, Jedi Outcast is still great. I played a bunch of it recently and it holds up for the most part. There's some old-school level design in that it's not hand-holdy at all but it's still worth playing. That lightsaber combat is great.

I believe the hooded dark dude might be an Inquisitor.

They're probably saving Vader for the 3rd act.

I think it'll be villain overload if they have Death Squad, Mendelsohn's character, Vader and an Inquisitor. Maybe Tarkin as well if those CGI rumours were true.

I like the rumour that it's actually Vader but they're hiding him for now. I might be imagining it but I'm sure I can hear Vader inhaling during that shot as well.

Slixshot

Banned
Alright. So Kylo Ren has become my favorite Star Wars character.. Where can I get more of him? Is he in any books (are there any centered around him?!)?

golem

I am curious why she appeared at the end of the teaser in a full imperial combat suit. All cleaned up too. Double agent? Triple agent? Seems a bit specific to be a random disguise they picked up on the way. Interesting they would put that in there.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am curious why she appeared at the end of the teaser in a full imperial combat suit. All cleaned up too. Double agent? Triple agent? Seems a bit specific to be a random disguise they picked up on the way. Interesting they would put that in there.

She has to get somehow into the deathstar... Other people used stormtrooper uniforms ;)

golem

She has to get somehow into the deathstar... Other people used stormtrooper uniforms ;)

That makes sense for sure, but imo she doesnt seem to 'just' be wearing a stormtrooper uniform or anything, seems something tailored to her abilities. It would make more sense to me as a disguise if it was just white armor or an officers uniform etc.

That makes sense for sure, but imo she doesnt seem to 'just' be wearing a stormtrooper uniform or anything, seems something tailored to her abilities. It would make more sense to me as a disguise if it was just white armor or an officers uniform etc.

It looks like a variant of the gunner outfit to me. Blended with a TIE fighter pilot's uniform.

Hex

Banned

Tailored to her abilities when we have no idea what her abilities are....
If nothing people should have learned by now that they will put nothing in the trailers that they do not want you to think.
There is a while lot of assuming here
Are we going to get back to the days of "Luke is Kylo" "Luke is the badguy" types of idiotic assumptions?

It looks like a variant of the gunner outfit to me. Blended with a TIE fighter pilot's uniform.

This. Looks like pieces of more than one

Sayers

So I was thinking today that the season finale of Rebels actually goes a long way towards explaining how Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka could still be alive during the OT while Obi-Wan insists that Luke is their only hope of defeating Darth Vader. If you look at what happens to each of them, you see that none of them are up to the task:

Kanan –
Kanan has been blinded. Skilled as he is, he was not powerful enough to defeat Vader before he lost his eyes. It is unlikely he will be able to do so now. Yoda and Obi-Wan know that only the most powerful Jedi, fighting at his peak, can defeat Darth Vader.
Ezra –
Ezra has been touched by the Dark Side. Though it is unlikely he will turn to it completely, he has shown himself to be vulnerable to its call.
Ahsoka – Ahsoka at a glance actually seems like the best candidate to take on Vader. She was trained by him and though she was never actually knighted, it is likely she would have been had she remained a Jedi. But she cannot defeat Vader either.
She loves Anakin too much. She will not kill him but will try to redeem him and neither Obi-Wan nor Yoda believe that is possible.

EDIT: Spoiler tagged as some people may not have watched it yet

Really enjoyed the first issue of Poe's comic. Looks like another solid Star Wars book from Soule. The inclusion of L'ulo from Shattered Empire was great as well.

Top Bottom