• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I remember when this was released and you could barely find a positive comment in the thread. I quite like it.

A better look at the 3D set on the Star Wars Show. Looks quite nice.

yQ3wiHm.png
The design does look a lot better on those pictures, though I do hope Disney does some kind of alternative SteelBook version for this release.

So I assume that comes with the 2D version as well? Would the 2D disc have the commentary too, or just the 3D disc? Because if it does, looks like I'll have to double dip.

So I assume that comes with the 2D version as well? Would the 2D disc have the commentary too, or just the 3D disc? Because if it does, looks like I'll have to double dip.
It does. I expect the commentary to be on the 2D disc as well.

To summarize the contents:
Disc 1: Blu-ray 3D
Disc 2: Blu-ray 2D
Disc 3: Blu-ray Extras
Disc 4: DVD (may just be the US set, as the UK set etc only have 3 discs.)
Digital Copy (Once again, only for the US set.)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm glad holding out for the 3D version is paying off for me. This looks like the definitive edition. (Besides, I have a 3D TV!)

Have another Rogue One trailer teaser. Only one new shot of Krennic and some Empire cronies. I assume it's Scarif they're looking at.

The SW website also got some new character descriptions added to the databank. Looks like Saw's leading a resistance on Jedha. A few of the most interesting additions.

Saw Gerrera:

A battered veteran of the Clone Wars as well as the ongoing rebellion against the Empire, Saw Gerrera leads a band of Rebel extremists. Saw has lost much in his decades of combat, but occasional flashes of the charismatic and caring man he once was shine through his calloused exterior. Gerrera is bunkered on the ancient world of Jedha, coordinating a prolonged insurgency against the Imperial occupation. Saw’s ailing health has not withered his resolve to fight.

Krennic:

As director of Advanced Weapons Research for the Imperial military, Orson Krennic is obsessed with the completion of the long-delayed Death Star project. A cruel but brilliant man, Krennic has staked his reputation on the delivery of the functional battle station to the Emperor.

Scarif:

The planet Scarif would be a beautiful tropical paradise if not for the presence of a major Imperial military installation. Scarif is the principal construction facility for the vast Imperial war machine. The world is enveloped in impenetrable deflector shields and is heavily defended.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/11/rogue-one-forest-whitaker-saw-gerrera

Rogue One: Forest Whitaker says Saw Gerrera shares 'similarities' with Darth Vader

Gerrera has also changed – literally – since we first saw him in the teaser trailer. In a photo released as part of an EW cover story in June, his shaved head and close-cropped beard has been replaced with a wildfire of hair.

Some theorized that this was a alteration brought about during reshoots for the movie, but Whitaker says it’s a switch that happens within the story. Given the extra gray in his beard, maybe we’re seeing Saw at two different stages of his life.

“We made some decisions about how the character was progressing. They had a lot of opportunity to make tweaks and different things,” he says. “You’ll see both.”

Great. Was that said somewhere?

SWNN are saying it's a new trailer and that it's about 90 seconds long.

It looks like they'll be using the U-Wing clip again as it's in one of the trailer teasers. I have a feeling they might use that Vader shot again to tease him. I'd be surprised if we got a full look at him.

sphagnum

Banned

Good, it would've been a shame if we didn't get Lando in the Han movie. I wonder if this will end up being an origin movie after all then, in the sense that it's about how Han gets the Falcon from Lando.

I'm assuming there will be a female character in this movie too. Would be great if it was Sana, but since Kasan doesn't care about the canon I doubt it.

JDHarbs

We need a better version of this gif with Billy Dee's face over Lavar's.

ixz4dz17bijqnishicng.gif

In all seriousness tho, Glover would probably do great in the part but I'll never be able to distinguish him from his role on Community. It will be like Matt LeBlanc in Lost In Space.

MattyG

Banned
Good, it would've been a shame if we didn't get Lando in the Han movie. I wonder if this will end up being an origin movie after all then, in the sense that it's about how Han gets the Falcon from Lando.

I'm assuming there will be a female character in this movie too. Would be great if it was Sana, but since Kasan doesn't care about the canon I doubt it.
Sana would be an awesome inclusion.

Faraci claims that Donald Glover is the top choice.
WHAT YES.

It's actually quite a revealing trailer. Probably more so than any of the trailers for TFA. It looks like Jedha is destroyed by the Death Star with Baze saying "They destroyed our home", the Death Star appearing over Jedha and you can see Cassian flying the U-Wing out of what looks like the planet collapsing. I'm guessing that all happens relatively early before Chirrut and Baze agree to join Jyn and Cassian and they head to Scarif to nick the plans.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I really hate how much im not feeling this film, especially when everyone around me is so excited :(

I was leading the charge for TFA too

Sayers

I really hope they do right by Vader. People will be super disappointed if after the teasing he only has a very minor cameo. Obviously, his presence runs the risk of dominating everything so they don't want to overdo it. Rebels handled him really well, I hope these guys do as well.

I really hope they do right by Vader. People will be super disappointed if after the teasing he only has a very minor cameo. Obviously, his presence runs the risk of dominating everything so they don't want to overdo it. Rebels handled him really well, I hope these guys do as well.

I'm guessing a few minor scenes here and there throughout the film and he'll have one action scene with some of the rebels.

Surfinn

I really hate how much im not feeling this film, especially when everyone around me is so excited :(

I was leading the charge for TFA too

I was getting so hyped for Rogue One after the celebration reel, but this trailer really feels like a return to bland dialogue from our first look of the film. If they could just get this right and have a solid story, I think we'd have a fantastic movie on our hands.

Come on.. please prove me wrong.

Anth0ny

i wouldn't mind if they tease vader the entire film

tease

tease

teeeeeeeeeeease

then he just fucking kills every main character right at the end. "follow that ship". Roll credits.

I must admit I don't really get the complaints about the dialogue. I liked Jyn and Saw's exchange and the banter between K2 and Jyn. The 'I rebel' line's still a bit dodgy but Star Wars always has its fair share of that.

curb

Banned
I've been a bit behind and finally got to see the trailer a could times. I'm sold.

I mean, I was already sold but now I'm... sold, sold?

Lmo911

I can't say I see Glover in the role of young Lando. At all.

Someone sell me on it!

Maybe young Lando totally lacks game and after getting his bubble burst by losing the Falcon, he settles into the cocky player we know today.

I mean he's always put on a good show but the veneer cracked under attempted wookie murder.

Kuros

I think Vader might kill him when he fails to get the plans back.

I think you might be right.

Also I can't remember how the canon works now. Garmin was only superior to Vader when on the Death Star in the old canon is that still the case?

Would likely mean Vader can off Krenik on a whim.

I think you might be right.

Also I can't remember how the canon works now. Garmin was only superior to Vader when on the Death Star in the old canon is that still the case?

Would likely mean Vader can off Krenik on a whim.

Krennic's the Director of the Advanced Weapons Research Division apparently, but I doubt that would help him all that much against Vader or Tarkin.

Top Bottom