• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

curb

Banned
Yeah...Unless they are willing to spent a large amount of money per episode, this isn't going to work.

Not that they would go prequel era but I think they could do something like a lower levels of Coruscant show on a TV budget. Just makes me think of Deep Space Nine. Lots of reusable sets. I don't know how much it would feel like Star Wars but that's soooooo subjective.

Actually, reminds me of how hard Lucasfilm is going to have to work to stretch peoples' expectation of what "Star Wars" is in the coming years. Unless they want to keep remaking the OT over and over again, they're going to have to open the general public up to Star Wars experiences that don't align with the OT.

I've been really slow on this one, but I'm about 150 pages into Life Debt and have really been enjoying it. Are there any other new post-ROTJ books that are worth checking out?

I've been really slow on this one, but I'm about 150 pages into Life Debt and have really been enjoying it. Are there any other new post-ROTJ books that are worth checking out?

You read Bloodline? If not, that. Life Debt and Bloodline are my top two in the new canon.

Yay. It did look like him in the BTS reel.

I HAVE TO GET ME ONE OF THESE:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...ke-of-star-wars-fans-dreams-is-now-a-reality/

speeder-bike1-625x326.jpg

speeder-bike2-625x326.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PuJzt1CXZs

Test Drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVdLaVsWBM8

I just finished Bloodlines. Dang, that was fantastic. I liked the political intrigue early in the book, and then it gets more action packed on the back end, which was also great. And the whole thing was way more revelatory than I expected. Loved it.

I just finished Bloodlines. Dang, that was fantastic. I liked the political intrigue early in the book, and then it gets more action packed on the back end, which was also great. And the whole thing was way more revelatory than I expected. Loved it.
Rian Johnson had some input on the political aspect so hopefully he's included more of that kind of thing in VIII.

Rian Johnson had some input on the political aspect so hopefully he's included more of that kind of thing in VIII.

Yeah, I saw in the last couple hours which parts were his suggestions, and it's actually fairly significant: the
political factions
and the
bombing incident
were his main contributions, and then apparently some various small details.

I love how aware of the continuity Claudia Gray is. She mentions stuff from TCW and the films, but is also clearly very up to date on other parts of the ongoing new canon... one part is listing some of Leia's historical accomplishments and right in the middle of "keeping the plans safe" and "the Battle of Endor", they list her "bravery on Vrogas Vas", which is the Vader Down storyline in the Marvel comics. There are also a couple of bones thrown to Rogue One, probably. Oh, and General Hux's father is mentioned, and he apparently only ever existed in a junior novel (and now maybe in Life Debt?), but her reference to him is in line with what's in that junior novel.

And it was cool to read just now that Ransolm Casterfo was apparently a TFA character in early drafts, and Claudia used him very similarly to how he was panning out before he was cut (but obviously fleshed him out further).

The whole thing really does a great job making the entire Resistance/First Order landscape make a lot more sense.

Yeah, I saw in the last couple hours which parts were his suggestions, and it's actually fairly significant: the
political factions
and the
bombing incident
were his main contributions, and then apparently some various small details.

I love how aware of the continuity Claudia Gray is. She mentions stuff from TCW and the films, but is also clearly very up to date on other parts of the ongoing new canon... one part is listing some of Leia's historical accomplishments and right in the middle of "keeping the plans safe" and "the Battle of Endor", they list her "bravery on Vrogas Vas", which is the Vader Down storyline in the Marvel comics. There are also a couple of bones thrown to Rogue One, probably. Oh, and General Hux's father is mentioned, and he apparently only ever existed in a junior novel (and now maybe in Life Debt?), but her reference to him is in line with what's in that junior novel.

And it was cool to read just now that Ransolm Casterfo was apparently a TFA character in early drafts, and Claudia used him very similarly to how he was panning out before he was cut (but obviously fleshed him out further).

The whole thing really does a great job making the entire Resistance/First Order landscape make a lot more sense.
Yeah, I think it was the first essential read out of the main novels. Both Bloodline and Life Debt do a great job of fleshing out the time between Jedi and TFA and manage to tell engaging stories as well. Casterfo is definitely one of my favourite new characters. His relationship with Leia was definitely a highlight of the book.

The story group have done an good job so far in terms of making all of the additional content feel part of one whole.

I was thinking that the best surprise would be that Temuera Morrison secretly shot footage for Rogue One as a crusty old Clonetrooper commander, instructing the whippersnappers on how to be real soldiers. Jedah seems like a good place for that.

curb

Banned
The scenes filmed in Dubrovnik looked pretty similar to the prequels aesthetically in terms of costumes, speeders etc.

Sounds good to me. I'm no prequel evangelist but I'd like to see more references to all of Star Wars and not just the OT in the sequel trilogy.

It needs the Anakin Force Ghost :D

Like Hayden Force Ghost? If so, the meltdowns would be glorious. That would infuriate a good cross section of both prequel and Special Edition haters.

sphagnum

Banned
Vader #24 is out today. This one flew by but I really liked it since I'm a sucker for Force stuff. I'm assuming that Aphra
tells Palpatine about Luke, which is how he knows about him during ESB, separately from Vader.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Vader #24 is out today. This one flew by but I really liked it since I'm a sucker for Force stuff. I'm assuming that Aphra
tells Palpatine about Luke, which is how he knows about him during ESB, separately from Vader.

Not to mention she is so getting fried in the next issue.

Also loved that child-killer ether Vader dished out on Anakin

Two more bits of news today.

avco_3d_pack_shot.jpg

The 3D version of TFA is rolling out at the end of October. It's November 15th for the US. There's a commentary from JJ Abrams on there which I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get in the original release.

Interview with Alan Tudyk on K2.

He has no filter. There was an old line, it’s not in there anymore…. I don’t think I can say it…” Tudyk presses his knuckles against his mouth, squints, is silent for a moment, then decides it’s safer not to share it.

“I can’t say what I want to say, but Kaytoo can say what he wants,” Tudyk explains. “He can say insulting things very casually if he thinks they’re true.”

Looking forward to Vader #24. I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Interesting.

While it's a bit irritating... I'm still going to buy it. I don't have a 3D set though, so I hope most of the content is 2D.

Top Bottom